What happens when you die?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What happens when you die?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Untitled 1 xx:

you could have creaed an alias...
You forget the signature. I doubt Alorael could cope with making a single post without it. :P

Planning ahead makes many things a lot less fun, but it also makes life a whole lot easier, I've found.

Given the topic, that sounded weird.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Kuranes-:

[QUOTE]Given the topic, that sounded weird.
And out of context, it does too...

Alorael could possibly leave out his sig a few times if he then made up for it by posting nothing but sigs for a week.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
I rather wish more online accounts had a delete option. Sometimes, I'll sign up on an online game, realize I dislike it, and wish to delete my account, only to find that there's no option to.

If Dikiyoba were to die or get sick or wander off, then the Dikiscript would be deleted after sixty days of inactivity. That's why Dikiyoba keeps a hard copy of the script saved in two places and made the site Dikiyoba's home page.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #28
I have already done my will-list. I keep it revisited every year. If I die, all my online-life will be deleted now: I have included a clause for this. Thanks, Aran. Now, if I die, all my things will be safe.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
I actually post reasonably frequently without appending my signature. Those accounts don't go by Alorael, though.

—Alorael, who can only gimmick so much and in so many places. There are a few places where someone else grabbed the gimmick first, too, and he wouldn't want to infringe on someone else's (apparently local) patent.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #30
There is a group of artists currently working out a virtual eternity that will take place after your death. If I got them well, Mission Eternity shoots your encapsulated corpse into space rotation, and out of this "Mortal Remains Tank" your data are sent all over the world. Forever.

:P For me it sounds rather like "how to survive as a virus" - but well, the project is still under construction.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Kuranes-:

So, once you die, what happens to your online identity and your data? Have you made any preparations/clauses in your will/lists of online accounts?
IS it still an "identity" once I am dead?
MY posts may be archived but I do not believe anybody will find it worth tokeep them or read them again.
I would want to have some information about my family identity archived. My father started with itbut so far none of our family has found the necessary calm to follow up on tht effort. Maybe I will try to bribe someone.

--------------------
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (not mine)
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by spy-there:

:P For me it sounds rather like "how to survive as a virus" - but well, the project is still under construction.
I would like the idea to be a virus... :)

Anyway, I can't read the page in this language. :D

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #33
If I knew my demise was imminent and unavoidable, I'd do something about it. Otherwise, I guess my online identity would just abruptly cease to be.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Jeffrey, Lord of Ultra Omega Doom:

I actually post reasonably frequently without appending my signature. Those accounts don't go by Alorael, though.

How in the world do you manage over 11000 posts when you maintain puppet accouts as well? (this question is rhetoric)

Would you be willing to share your total count? (this one is not)

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
I've never posted on Spiderweb with a puppet account. I have posted elsewhere, though. I can think of only one board where I have been both Alorael and something else at the same time, and I think I had fewer than ten posts between both accounts.

—Alorael, who will not reveal where he sank to such low trickery. He has his pride.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #36
I've known boards where one person has posed as multiple very popular, and separate, people in the community. Eventually they couldn't keep up the charade, and in short many people felt very betrayed. But that is Internet's nature. Best not to get too attached.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.

Pages