Posts from beyond the ban?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Posts from beyond the ban?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

quote:
Originally written by *i:

We have ways of extracting truth...
Yeah. Keep a Vlish around that is more than happy to jam some tentacles up somebody's nose and see what's on their mind.

Braaaaaains master, I need braaaaaaaaains.

*backs off into the corner spraying new brand Vlish-Away around himself*
Stay away! Stay away, you mad vlish!

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by Pizzaking:

quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

quote:
Originally written by *i:

We have ways of extracting truth...
Yeah. Keep a Vlish around that is more than happy to jam some tentacles up somebody's nose and see what's on their mind.

Braaaaaains master, I need braaaaaaaaains.

*backs off into the corner spraying new brand Vlish-Away around himself*
Stay away! Stay away, you mad vlish!

The nice thing about being violated by a Vlish is that afterward, you get to go home and forget all about it.

It may have already happened to you.

:eek:

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #52
AHA! I saw Stareye's method for finding Arghhhhhhhhh before he edited it out. Now I can evade the mods at will. Oh, the power! THE POWER! Mwuhahaha!!!

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will never tell the Heroes how I will foil their plan.

(Oops, back to the drawing board...)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

AHA! I saw Stareye's method for finding Arghhhhhhhhh before he edited it out. Now I can evade the mods at will. Oh, the power! THE POWER! Mwuhahaha!!!

Oh trust me, you've seen nothing. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was easy to break. He only required the beginner's methods. I have plenty more fun things in the control panel. Heehaw! :D

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #54
*cough*I*cough*P*cough*address*cough*?*cough*

--------------------
-ben4808
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #55
Crude way, but one of many.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by Be:

All this high tech talk makes me think that maybe I should put away the old brands, needles, and whips. I'll miss 'em.
No! The technological supplements are no replacement for the tried-and-true implements of the moderatorial trade.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #57
That's a relief. I'd hate to have to cancel my subscriptions to Thumbscrews Monthly. The January article "Making Flamers Writhe in Unspeakable Agony as you Set Fire to Them, Inflicting Horrific Physical Damage and Atrocious Puns Simultaneously" was marvelous piece of investigative journalism.

—Alorael, who doesn't need your IP address when he can get your real address. Remember, TM knows it from visiting your mom (and if he doesn't, he can get her to tell him!). Then Zeviz can send his EVOL goons to break your fingers.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by Epicaricacy:

I'd hate to have to cancel my subscriptions to Thumbscrews Monthly.
I think I may have found the back-issues of that magazine in the Berkeley library next to Chronicon Aethelweardi Semi-Monthly. I think that the idea was that reading the latter would have about the same effect as the things described in the former.

*jedi hand wave* This isn't the typo you're looking for *jedi hand wave*

[ Tuesday, March 14, 2006 07:57: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #59
From The Million Dollar Brain (?), Michael Caine's played Harry Palmer described the Russian method of info extraction as being psychological. Lock him in a padded cell and force him to lsiten to nothing but these discussions until he cracks. Technology is for amatuers.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Epicaricacy:

I'd hate to have to cancel my subscriptions to Thumbscrews Monthly.
I think I may have found the back-issues of that magazine in the Berkeley library next to Chronicon Aethelweardi Semi-Monthly. I think that the idea was that reading the latter would have about the same effect as the things described in the latter.

The latter latter should be the former, no? Couldn't resist.

:P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Is there any chance that a new forum could be created called Trash?
Is there not a hierarchy of such functionality in place already, ranging from "General" itself - which detracts (not only) spam from more technical/topical boards - to all kinds of spidweb satellites which I am not brave enough to mention?
The question is who is willing to read or even to moderate or even to administrate or even to host whatever he/she regards as spam?

[ Tuesday, March 14, 2006 15:36: Message edited by: Habeas corpus fundamentalist ]

--------------------
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (not mine)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #62
The idea is to move what is now considered spam-like to trash in order to reduce the clutter. Instead of moderating it, it could be periodically trashed as you would with unnecessary files on your PC. There hav been so many useless topics started recently that I have to skip to page 2 to find what has happen in ones that are interesting.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #63
Hmm...I've never had to look at the second page of topics. I guess that's the advantage of coming in at least once every day and only looking at those a day old.

Dikiyoba.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #64
So once a topic goes to the second page, you abstain from reading it until it hits the third page? :P

No, I'm joking, I see what you mean. Just wait until you have to be away from Spiderweb for a day for some reason. :ph43r: (or however you code that smiley)

--------------------
-ben4808
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #65
Actually, I read every page in every topic so long as it is 15 pages or less, since I read the Runescape topic in its entirety, but not the Mountain of Shadows topic or TM's undead moniker one. How much I actually comprehend is up to you to decide.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #66
The trouble with being the last poster in a page is that only a couple people actually read it - because once they post, people will be looking at the new page, not the old one.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #67
I read older posts as well; if I see a new page, I look back to see what I have missed. So I usually read the whole topic. :)

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by The Stew Boy:

The trouble with being the last poster in a page is that only a couple people actually read it - because once they post, people will be looking at the new page, not the old one.
I actually time my posts by content. If I have something to add to a thread I try to make appear toward the top of any given page. If it is more spammy in nature, or conversational, then I attempt to make it happen toward the bottom of the page. This one, as it appears to be topical yet spammy, will appear toward the middle of the page.

The worst thing to have happen is to post complete spam, hoping to be the last poster on a page, only to find out that someone posted while your post was being formed, thusly pushing your post to the top of a new page. That hurts.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #69
I'm not too bothered by the position of my posts. I have had a topic locked while I was creating a post. I wasn't happy with that at all.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #70
quote:
Originally written by Tribble Lovah:

quote:

I actually time my posts by content. If I have something to add to a thread I try to make appear toward the top of any given page. If it is more spammy in nature, or conversational, then I attempt to make it happen toward the bottom of the page. This one, as it appears to be topical yet spammy, will appear toward the middle of the page.

The worst thing to have happen is to post complete spam, hoping to be the last poster on a page, only to find out that someone posted while your post was being formed, thusly pushing your post to the top of a new page. That hurts.

That is sad. Very sad. :P

EDIT: It is nice to have the more informative posts near the top, but I tend not to worry.

[ Tuesday, March 14, 2006 21:28: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #71
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

I'm not too bothered by the position of my posts. I have had a topic locked while I was creating a post. I wasn't happy with that at all.

What error message did you get? :P
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #72
It happened to me once (darn you, Alorael!), and IIRC it was just the "you cannot post in this topic because it is locked" message.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #73
quote:

quote:

What error message did you get? :P

Same. It was argh's final topic though, and I got linked to it at the same time Stareye said he was banning him. So I really should have expected it...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #74
quote:

Actually, I read every page in every topic so long as it is 15 pages or less, since I read the Runescape topic in its entirety, but not the Mountain of Shadows topic or TM's undead moniker one. How much I actually comprehend is up to you to decide.

Dikiyoba.

TM's topic goes pretty fast. It's all spam. Worthless. But so fun when it's active. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

Pages