1 Score

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 1 Score
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #0
Today, at 11:13 AM EST (4:13 PM GMT) I will become exactly 2 decades old. This isn't really a big deal, but it just seems like an out with the old teenager, and in with the young, responsible adult. (Well, maybe not responsible :P ) I am curious, what are other people's reactions to their birthdays and/or ages?

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Congratulations! May you have a nice wife in five more years and a sack of money to spend.

What I think of my age depends on three things:

- My current mood (If I'm depressed I also won't like the news of being one year older)

- The age (Well, 16 is a horrible age, while 17 looks like the light at the end of the tunnel)

- Amount of presents (the birthday will be more succesful when I have more big nice presents, than when I just get one lousy present. of course there are many exceptions on that)

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #2
Congratulations as well! I wish you many more years to come :) .

I don't really make a big deal out of my birthday. I like the presents, that about it. I'm not really someone to see "dear golly gosh, I'm 15 years old now, I'm almost a man now" or stuff like that. I usualy don't really care, and it takes me about 3 months to realize that I've actualy become older.

EDIT: A thing I do like about birthdays is, that is gives me one a year a reason for a party with all my friends, and that's the best part of birthdays, a party with friends.

[ Saturday, March 11, 2006 08:51: Message edited by: Snafta a.k.a. no chicken for sale ]

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
It's not a big deal for me, since it comes between Christmas and New Year. And I'm not too interested in the things that require you to be a certain age. However, cake is always good.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #4
Happy birthday.According to the thing on rifq your 20 .
EDIT:Oh you already posted that.I need to read more thoroughly.

[ Saturday, March 11, 2006 08:36: Message edited by: Shuan Wuan ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
I always make sure to thank my mother for the pain and agony she suffered while carrying me. I assure her that while it wasn't necessarily worth it, I have done a few nice things. And no, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
High five, tyro.

Historically, my birthdays have always been complete debacles, ranging from ill-fated games of drunken boggle to public scandals. The age jump usually takes me by surprise, a couple of months later. "Oh, shikeys," I say to myself, "I'm in my mid-20s! When did that happen?"

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Happy birthday, Tyranicus! You can always be an irresponsible whippersnapper around here. Remember, in a duodecimal number system you're still only 18.

—Alorael, whose reaction to his birthday is usually to ignore it and hope it goes away. It invariably does so in about a day.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
Happy birthday, Tyranicus!

EDIT: I see that I forgot the second part of the question... anyway, I tend to shrug off my birthday for the sole reason that I'm circa 2 years younger than my peers. I used to cringe in horror at the very thought of it, because it meant more explaining why I'm this young.

I'm learning to live with it.

[ Saturday, March 11, 2006 17:58: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #9
Happy birthday. I still have to wait 3 months for mine.
Warrior
Member # 380
Profile Homepage #10
Happy Birthday. I just turned 20 several months ago, and lemme tell ya, being 20 in Indiana is the worst age to be. You've been legally an adult for two years, teenage life is behind you, but you still can't go to bars or those other kinds of bars with the nice women with very little on. *ahem*. It just annoys me 'cause the guys I hang out with are older and we like to hang out at a local bar and play pool. I like pool and I don't like to drink (yet) and it sucks that there is no pool hall in town that you can be uner 21 to get into. ARGH! *deep breath* Ok... I rambled a bit. I'm done. Happy birthday though.

--------------------
When the portal to Upper Avernum starts to blow, first dump a bucket of water on it. Then run like hell.

We're all heroes! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! Wait.... wrong game.
Posts: 154 | Registered: Wednesday, December 12 2001 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #11
Happy Birthday Thad
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
Bad luck. Working on your birthday.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Happy Birthday. I just turned 20 several months ago, and lemme tell ya, being 20 in Indiana is the worst age to be. You've been legally an adult for two years, teenage life is behind you, but you still can't go to bars or those other kinds of bars with the nice women with very little on. *ahem*. It just annoys me 'cause the guys I hang out with are older and we like to hang out at a local bar and play pool. I like pool and I don't like to drink (yet) and it sucks that there is no pool hall in town that you can be uner 21 to get into. ARGH! *deep breath* Ok... I rambled a bit. I'm done. Happy birthday though.
It pays to look at least a couple years older than you are.

Or be English. That works too.

Nonetheless, while Happy Birthday, I must wonder at you being the first person I've ever met to mark their birthday by a time.

As for my personal opinion on the whole matter of birthdays.. I was born. And? Though I have the strange feeling that I'd like to be a little younger again.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #14
Happy birthday, Tyranicus! :)

Birth dates don't really need to be more specific than the day, but hey, he's not the only one who does it. Though I tend to confine my timing to morning/afternoon/ungodly hour of night.

My birthdays, save for the last year, have always fallen on or just before a major exam. So they passed with barely a notice in a haze of stress and good food.

But I did have a wonderful costume party for my 21st.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #15
Happy birthday!

I still remember the time of my birth from when I saw it on the paper. (not birth certificate, kind of a hospital-issued announcement) If I'm awake at the time, I think, "Oh, I'm such and such age now." Otherwise, I don't think of it. I'm nearly thirty, and that fact is more disturbing than the number of actual years I can count.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #16
Happy Birthday, Tyran.

19 is... older than 18 and not quite old enough to do anything special...
except observe in confusion and shame as my recently of age roommate drinks himself to oblivion...

--------------------
The Silent Assassin claims to be as old as time. If I follow this claim to its proper conclusion... New years day should be next tuesday...

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.