What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #0
I have a feeling that they will suck, but I'm still curious to see them:
Ultraviolet
The Hills Have Eyes (Hoping it will bring the disappointment on scary movies to an end)
Basic Instinct 2
X-Men: The Last Stand (Just because I loved the Cartoons)

Btw, the previews for the Superman Returns movie are one of the worst I've seen in a while.

Edit: and that 666 movie, I forgot the title. I just saw the preview Sunday night and it's creepy.
Remembered the title, "The Omen 666"

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 16:50: Message edited by: Selima ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
I too am looking forward to Ultraviolet and X-Men: The Last Stand, as well as Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Those two aren't scheduled for release until this summer however. Ultraviolet may or may not be good, I'm not sure, and I don't know if they'll be able to pull off a good Pirates sequel or not, but I think X-Men and Spidey will be good. They've already proved that they can make sequels that are just as good as the originals in both series, so why not again?

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #2
Like Tyranicus, Pirates of the Carribean 2 and Spiderman 3. I'm also looking forward to the next movie by M. Night Shyamalan.

EDIT: Not looking forward to it, but the title of Final Destination 3 just cracks me up.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 16:29: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Amen, Selima! It's ALL about the X-Men cartoons. Man, those things had animation technique that was way ahead of their time.

I'm looking forward to X-3 too, though I'm skeptical. I was really impressed by the first movie, particularly Rogue and Wolverine.. oh, and Mystique. X-2 didn't work for me (and not just because they carpetbombed Iceman into the ground).

This isn't a movie I'm looking forward to, but I saw Date Movie last weekend and laughed my ass off. I really didn't imagine Alyson Hannigan dancing around in prosthetic blubber could possibly be funny, but it was.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
I LOVED the cartoons. We used to pick our characters and have deadly fights and so on. I thought the graphics were good for cartoons at those time, Hell is better than those stupid drawings of the X-Men Evolutions cartoons (which I despise), they make Rogue look retarded like.
I really enjoyed the first movie; I just thought that the second one was trying to cover way too much in just two hours, and though it had some good action, it was inferior in to the first one in writing.
I'm excited about X3 though, one of my fav storylines where with the dark phoenix, so it should be fun. Btw, are they going to include gambit here or not?

I'd like to see SM3 too, I completely forgot it was coming out this year.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

I'm also looking forward to the next movie by M. Night Shyamalan.
It's called The Lady in the Water or something like that. I would have more of an idea about whether or not I'll like it if I find out more about it. The previews for it are extremely vague. M. Night Shyamalan has a spotty track record for me. I loved The Sixth Sense, but I couldn't stand The Village.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #6
I've loved all of his movies. In Signs, the shot of Mel Gibson getting ready to go to the church at the very end felt unnecesary though.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #7
2006:
Eragon
PotC 2

2007:
HP5: OotP
CoN: Prince Caspian

2008:
HP6: HBP

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:

2006:
Eragon
PotC 2

2007:
HP5: OotP
CoN: Prince Caspian

2008:
HP6: HBP

I forgot about Eragon. I agree with that whole list.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #9
I'm looking foreward to the postal movie. I loved Postal 2. Those Russians sure know how to make games. Too bad it's directed by Uwe Boll. He'll make it crap for sure.
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #10
harry potter and the order of the phoenix
eragon
x men 3

spidey

er.. guess thats it

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
Date Movie (might already be at the movies, not sure)

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
The Lions of Al-Rassan

—Alorael, who has low expectations but high hopes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #13
Wait, Eragon? They're making that awful, badly written Tolkien-rip into a movie? And you're expecting to see it?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

In case it's not the same story, excuse upper remark.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

I'm also looking forward to the next movie by M. Night Shyamalan.
It's called The Lady in the Water or something like that. I would have more of an idea about whether or not I'll like it if I find out more about it. The previews for it are extremely vague. M. Night Shyamalan has a spotty track record for me. I loved The Sixth Sense, but I couldn't stand The Village.

Alright! Another Shyamalan movie! And looking at the plot summary on IMDB, I'm a little confused. It sounds a bit different from his previous work...

That said, I loved both The Village and The Sixth Sense. The Village's atmosphere was simply awesome...

EDIT: Screwed up a tag.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 21:57: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Hanttiworker:

Wait, Eragon? They're making that awful, badly written Tolkien-rip into a movie? And you're expecting to see it?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

In case it's not the same story, excuse upper remark.

quote:
Originally written by Wikipedia:

There has been much criticism of Eragon, regarding everything from word usage to the marketing techniques (critics deride the labelling of the author as a "prodigy" or "wunderkind"). The book's most frequent criticism is that it uses far too many clichés. Paolini employs stock characters, such as Elves, Dwarves, and a pseudo-orcish race known as Urgals, complete with an elite sect known as the Kull, comparable to Saruman's uruk-hai.

There has been much debate over whether incorporating Elves and Dwarves similar to Tolkien's is derivative or honorific. On the subject of Tolkien, it has also been pointed out that many names in Eragon resemble those in Tolkien's work, such as Arya (comparable to Arwen), Isenstar (comparable to Isengard), and Mithrim (comparable to mithril). The name Eragon itself closely resembles Aragorn. There is also mention of Angrenost, the Sindarin name for Isengard. There is also a note of the naming of the Beor mountains coming from Beorn, which is another word for bear. In The Hobbit, there is a character known as Beorn, who has the ability to transform into a bear. On the map of Alagaësia, the spelling of the place name Melian is identical to the name of the character Melian the Maia of Tolkien's The Silmarillion. The Grey Folk, said to be the first few magical beings resemble the Sindarin, who are the Grey Elves. These are a few examples of what is believed to be a wider occurrence.

Yet another criticism is that the plot closely resembles that of the original Star Wars saga. Characters are also similar, down to Brom who is supposedly the last of his order. Paolini countered these two remarks by stating that most fantasy is derivative, and that Star Wars has heavy ties to Buck Rogers and Dune. Furthermore, he also believed Tolkien to echo a famous Norse myth about a ring that made a dwarf invisible, made popular by Richard Wagner's epic opera series "Der Ring des Nibelungen", or "Ring of the Nibelung," despite the fact that Tolkien himself once said; "Both rings were round and there the rescemblance ceased."

Critics also conjectured that Paolini had the characters of Eragon act unrealistically while performing a myriad of fantasy clichés, such as "shedding a single tear" or reflecting in needless arcane speech: "When he would return, he knew not."

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #16
Not to mention that there were countless physical impossiblilties. For example, Eragon put on a shirt he had previously torn in half. I couldn't make it a quarter of the way through that book, it was so horrible. Unfortunately, I am going to know every little detail about its love story as my friend says he's going to keep reading for it(and considering this comes from a guy who reads teen girl books for the love stories, I believe him) and he will continue telling me about it just to annoy me. >_<

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #17
I am not a fan of book, but I [b]am[/b] a sucker for cheesy fantasy movies. I even liked Dungeons & Dragons.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
Date Movie (might already be at the movies, not sure)

I'm looking forward to those movies as well (first two), but since it's not coming out this year; I didn't feel the need to mention it.

Edit: I've never watched nor play Dungeons & Dragons.

[ Wednesday, February 22, 2006 05:41: Message edited by: Selima ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #19
Dungeons & Dragons: Love the game, hated the movie. C'mon, you can't make a movie solely based on cliches for any other genre, why should you for fantasy?

On a side note: my DM recommends D&D2. Should I watch it, or save myself two hours?

--------------------
Your d12 cries itself to sleep.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #20
I thought the D&D movie was funny. Empty, but funny. It's certainly not meant to be a good movie...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #21
The Fog (remake)
Silent Hill (which should rock)

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

The Fog (remake)
Didn't that movie come out months ago? The one with that dude from Smallville?. It seemed Ok, but I heard it was horrible. Therefore, I decided to wait until the movie it comes out on tv.

[ Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:37: Message edited by: Selima ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Selima:

quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

The Fog (remake)
Didn't that movie come out months ago? The one with that dude from Smallville?. It seemed Ok, but I heard it was horrible. Therefore, I decided to wait until the movie it comes out on tv.

Maybe in America...

I live in England, so I get different release dates. It's out very soon.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #24
what's wrong with eragon?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00

Pages