THE ABOMINABLE PHOTO THREAD REVOLUTIONS

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: THE ABOMINABLE PHOTO THREAD REVOLUTIONS
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #75
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

As for me, I more or less look like this (the one in the middle), except the hair's usually not in my face in the same way:
What do yo mean "more or less"? Is that you or not? :confused:

He is saying in real life he doesn't look exactly like he does in this picture. That is very common, by the way...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #76
Bah. After Photoshop there is no truth. Clearly all of these images have been retouched. TM's tentacles aren't actually nearly that long, for instance.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #77
I think I learned that Nicothodes was a girl and then promptly forgot it. She's also younger than I think of Nicothodes as being, if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #78
She just turned 14, and in the picture she looks around 12, so I'd say is kind of normal for her age. I know a 14 year old whom you could swear is 8. I found out she was a girl after our second Aim conversation I'd say.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #79
It can be rather hard to find out the gender of someone on a message board. Sometimes it's easy if the name is obviously one gender or another. In Nicothedes's case, that doesn't work. I was just as surprised as you guys were. I don't mean that there is anything worng with being a girl of course, it's just that I usually presume that someone is male on a board such as this because most of them are. I didn't even know Dareva was a girl until a recent Blades chat. Although that name is a bit more feminine, so I should have had a clue.

[ Wednesday, February 08, 2006 09:57: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #80
Wow. I would've placed money on the idea that Nicothodes was male.

...er.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #81
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

...er.

I'm sure a lot of member would've placed all their money on the idea that you were female. I, on the other hand, am never trick :P . I always thought Dareva was a girl, maybe since I'm hispanic I tend to relate most names ending in the letter A as females, there are exceptions of course.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #82
Wow. I'm 18, but I feel old now.

And hey, who knew that Prometheus was an illithid? Doesn't this violate the OGL?

--------------------
Prometheus: The Early Years:
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=32
(OotS Rocks!)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #83
Originally by Selima:

quote:
I'm sure a lot of member would've placed all their money on the idea that you were female. I, on the other hand, am never trick[ed]. I always thought Dareva was a girl, maybe since I'm hispanic I tend to relate most names ending in the letter A as females, there are exceptions of course.
So what gender is Dikiyoba?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

And hey, who knew that Prometheus was an illithid?
That was TM's form on 2/6/2006 at 9:20pm board time. It may or may not be his current form. Careless speculation can leave you unprepared for the horrible truth.

--------------------
quote:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Selima:

quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

...er.

I'm sure a lot of member would've placed all their money on the idea that you were female. I, on the other hand, am never trick :P . I always thought Dareva was a girl, maybe since I'm hispanic I tend to relate most names ending in the letter A as females, there are exceptions of course.

I seem to remember Lady Davida going by some other, David-based, masculine-type name, but that could just be something brought up from my fevered imagination.

Dareva does have a masculine form (just stick an n on the end). I've always thought I wrote like a female, though, so that would have given me away.

I must add to the chorus: a good-looking bunch, all in all. Would it kill you people to be a little older, though? I feel positively geriatric.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #86
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Selima:

quote:
I'm sure a lot of member would've placed all their money on the idea that you were female. I, on the other hand, am never trick[ed]. I always thought Dareva was a girl, maybe since I'm hispanic I tend to relate most names ending in the letter A as females, there are exceptions of course.

Given that I don't think of Dikiyoba as a name, I'd have to say I think your gender is male. I could be wrong though, I mean I'm sorry but I can't really tell from your posts.
As per the age thing, most of the people I talk to in the forum are around my age, so I don't care as much. Nevertheless, given that a high number of members are younger than 16, I guess I'm with the adult group.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #87
quote:
Originally written by dareva:

I seem to remember Lady Davida going by some other, David-based, masculine-type name
He went by "Sir David" for a while.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #88
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Yea... I finally got around to taking a picture.
IMAGE(http://myspace-325.vo.llnwd.net/00444/52/36/444426325_m.jpg)

Yes, I'm in the bathroom. But I'm not USING the bathroom, I just loved to stripes for my artistic styles.

Are you standing on the toilet or something? Because that room is damned small, and there's definitely not a door in the half of the room the camera is facing...

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #89
quote:

Would it kill you people to be a little older ...?
Some of us are old enough that yes, yes it just might.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #90
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Selima:

quote:

Actually, what does 'Dikiyoba' mean?

--------------------
-ben4808
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #91
Dikiyoba was wondering when someone would ask that question. Dikiyoba has used it for so long Dikiyoba can't remember exactly what it means. It's an acronym (of sorts) and it has something to do with dinosaurs. But the exact meaning is forgotten.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #92
quote:
Originally written by Polyester:

quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Yea... I finally got around to taking a picture. [deleted]
Yes, I'm in the bathroom. But I'm not USING the bathroom, I just loved to stripes for my artistic styles.

Are you standing on the toilet or something? Because that room is damned small, and there's definitely not a door in the half of the room the camera is facing...

I thought I made that clear, oh well. Yes, I'm sitting on the toilet. However, my pants are on, I haven't the urge *to*, and the toilet seat is *down*.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #93
As long as you're explaining, I've got a question that's bothered me for a while. What's a genious?

—Alorael, who can accept the existence of Erwin Rasputin.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #94
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

And hey, who knew that Prometheus was an illithid?
That was TM's form on 2/6/2006 at 9:20pm board time. It may or may not be his current form. Careless speculation can leave you unprepared for the horrible truth.

It has now been TM's form on 2/6/2006 at 9:20pm board time. What it will have been tomorrow or was going to be yesterday, nobody can know.

(Cue RW theme music)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #95
David changed his monikers for a while. The only ones I remember now are Sir David and iDavid (him being a mac user :P )

I've often wondered about Lady Davida, especially since it seems to be a permanent moniker, unchanged for the last year or more.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #96
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar the Grey:

I've often wondered about Lady Davida, especially since it seems to be a permanent moniker, unchanged for the last year or more.
Yes, that confused me for a short while too... particularly once I saw him on Polaris as Sir David.

Ack, Aran double-posted! The end is nigh!

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #97
So they say...

I think Dareva's made her femininity quite obvious through her posting style. Of Dikiyoba I am not so sure, but I'd assume that he's a youngish teenage boy.

As I explained on some other thread in conversation with Ben, I changed Sir David to Lady Davida during one of our name-changing crazes, one obviously centered around gender-bending, and have left it ever since. I like the look and the sound of it more than Sir David, and anyway, it's kind of fun to confuse newbies. I tried to change it back once but could not, for some reason, and I'm happy enough with it not to change to iDavid or something else.

Is anyone surprised that I'm male? Personally, I thought it was pretty obvious from my general tone, I've only seen a few people refer to me as "LD" or whatever, and none as "she" or "her". It's amazing how much we can sometimes get from something as simple as typing style.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #98
quote:

quote:

I seem to remember Lady Davida going by some other, David-based, masculine-type name
He went by "Sir David" for a while.

Thanks, Kel. Nice to have some verification that I'm not completely crazy after all.

Though I do tend to associate it in my mind with Lady Godiva, and well, that is probably not good.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #99
quote:

Though I do tend to associate it in my mind with Lady Godiva, and well, that is probably not good.
Don't worry. You're not the only one. My mind does the same thing.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.

Pages