Soon I Shall Be Rich

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Soon I Shall Be Rich
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
FROM THE DESK OF MR.ABBA JACOB.
LLOYDS BANK DU BENIN PLC.
NORTH-WEST REGION.
REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN.
E-Mail:mraj50@go2.pl,mrabbajacob1@yahoo.com
Date:12/01/2006
Attn:Dear Friend,
My name is MR.ABBA JACOB, and I work in the International Operation Department in a Bank(Lloyds Tsb) here in Republique Du Benin.
On a routine inspection I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a Balance of $6.524 Musd (Six Million,Five Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand United States Dollars) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has long since passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to the account.
The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the account was a foreigner and from Iraq in particular and I am certainly sure that he is dead, and nobody will come again for the claim of this money. A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder, therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction.
I will provide the necessary information needed in order to claim this money, but you will need to open an account where this can be transferred. If interested send your private Telephone No. And Fax number including full details of the account to be used for the Deposit. I wish for utmost confidentiality in handling this transaction as my job and the future of my family would be jeopardized if it were breached.
I want to assure you that the transaction is without risk if due process is followed accordingly. Finally,I will give you 50% for your corporation. Contact immediately for more information through my private mail address: mraj50@go2.pl
Sincerely,
MR.ABBA JACOB.
Email:mraj50@go2.pl
Date:12/01/2006.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message

So who else gets these almost constantly?

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:50: Message edited by: Capt. Obvious ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Been there, done that.

Really, the only things worse than pointless threads are pointless threads that get repeated a mere year and a half later.

Edit: Seeing as the above link will stop working in 2 days, here.

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:06: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
One of my favorite old Desp topic titles: OMG I AM TEH CITI BANQUE.

(Heading a thread about messages like these.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by MR. ABBA JACOB:

Finally,I will give you 50% for your corporation.
Laughable... simply laughable. If these scam artists ever learn to spell, they might be a threat one day. Unless the recipients actually own a corporation...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #4
Wow. I believe that is the least believable one I've ever seen.
I especially like him risking his job to help you, the random foreigner. :rolleyes:

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #5
Wow were both going to be rich... I got the exact same one absolutely amazing :rolleyes:

ROM THE DESK OF MR.ABBA JACOB.
LLOYDS BANK DU BENIN PLC.
NORTH-WEST REGION.
REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN.
E-Mail:mraj50@go2.pl,mrabbajacob1@yahoo.com
Date:12/01/2006

Attn:Dear Friend,

My name is MR.ABBA JACOB, and I work in the International Operation Department in a Bank(Lloyds Tsb) here in Republique Du Benin.

On a routine inspection I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a Balance of $6.524 Musd (Six Million,Five Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand United States Dollars) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has long since passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to the account.

The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the account was a foreigner and from Iraq in particular and I am certainly sure that he is dead, and nobody will come again for the claim of this money. A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder, therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction.

I will provide the necessary information needed in order to claim this money, but you will need to open an account where this can be transferred. If interested send your private Telephone No. And Fax number including full details of the account to be used for the Deposit. I wish for utmost confidentiality in handling this transaction as my job and the future of my family would be jeopardized if it were breached.

I want to assure you that the transaction is without risk if due process is followed accordingly. Finally,I will give you 50% for your corporation. Contact immediately for more information through my private mail address: mraj50@go2.pl

Sincerely,
MR.ABBA JACOB.
Email:mraj50@go2.pl
Date:12/01/2006.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message

Isn't this world amazing we are both "random foreigners" hehe

A few days ago i got one for the third time no less one about a "widow" giving out her late husbands money or something no it was she was trying to move to the USA and she needed someone to "discreetly as possible" take all her 20 million dollars and put it their account until she gets here or something.... Hilarious simply hilarious
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
This is the only kind of spam I ever read. It's pretty funny sometimes.

Aran, enough. Honestly. There's a point at which pompous, affected harassment of newbies ceases to amuse and begins to irritate.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
There's also a point at which newbies should no longer be treated with special sensitivity. 300 posts is well past that point.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing and just let the topic go quietly into the second page of General.

—Alorael, who has nothing nice to say.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #9
The topics that I make tend to get everyone to hate me so I shall take a week or 2 off from posting here to let things cool down abit and then after that I got no idea....

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
You realize it's not "hate." See, that would take effort, and you've already wasted my time by posting something that I've already seen, heard discussed, and put into my "automatically ignore" category.

There should be a list somewhere of topics that aren't really topics. Discussion of utterly ridiculous and transparent phishing expeditions is on that list. Attempts to delist the listed topics will be met with ridicule and criticism.

*this message sponsored by a festering mass of karma/title topics*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Scams are bad but at least they have a point. The scammer obviously wants to get rich. But what is the point of glurges? "True friends are blah, blah, blah..send this to five people and you'll get good luck. If you don't pass it on, you will have bad luck. If you don't send this back to the person who sent it to you, you aren't a true friend, etc., etc."

Dikiyoba takes great pleasure in hitting the "delete" button before Dikiyoba even reads them.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
I'd like to see a study definately disproving the occurence of bad luck upon the deletion of chain letters. Nobody believes it anyway, though. Well, maybe the person that sent it, but anyway.

300 posts? That's all it takes to stop being referred to as a total newbie? :P

*looks at post count*

--------------------
-ben4808
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
Well, after a few hundred posts, a person stops being a newb, but a person can be a n00b forever. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #14
1337ness comes from within, man. It's mind over matter. n00bness has nothing to do with posts. Forget the material things; you stop being n00bful once your attitude stops being n00bful.

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 20:19: Message edited by: Robert the Fourth ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Scams are bad but at least they have a point. The scammer obviously wants to get rich. But what is the point of glurges?
Their point is to identify which of your friends or relatives are gullible idiots. Strangely once they have established this status, they seem to want to keep reinforcing it. They also get quite offended when you send them links to websites debunking the idiocy in which they believe.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, after a few hundred posts, a person stops being a newb, but a person can be a n00b forever. :P
The ones who bang out a few hundred posts in a couple of days are usually the ones who stay n00bs for a long time.

—Alorael, who hastens to point out that there are always exceptions. Like himself, of course.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
Maybe if he was rich he wouldn't come to SW...

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #18
Does anyone have any good information about the original, dangerously criminal, version of this scam?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #19
I read in a book(it was about how people dealt with their pet peeves) about how this one guy started responding to those scams with weird characters. At one point he pretended to be Don Quixote. The scammer never caught on, even near the end when "Don Quixote" was traveling to meet him and complained about not being allowed to bring his horse on board the airplane. :P

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Well, nobody said criminals were smart. They just have to be smarter than the dumbest segment of society that has money and be just smart enough to not get caught immediately.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #21
It's funny - Yahoo's usually really good at keeping this carp out and I'd never had one of these on it, but the other day, I had four or five, when I checked it.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Aran, enough. Honestly. There's a point at which pompous, affected harassment of newbies ceases to amuse and begins to irritate.
It was a joke. The "a mere year and a half later" should have given that away...

The one email account that has stood up to many months of being posted online without becoming unreadable is my Gmail account. So far I can count the spam messages it has delivered to the Inbox on one hand, and the actual messages it has classed as Spam on the other. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

The one email account that has stood up to many months of being posted online without becoming unreadable is my Gmail account. So far I can count the spam messages it has delivered to the Inbox on one hand, and the actual messages it has classed as Spam on the other. :)
Same here. Switching to Gmail was the best decision I ever made.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
I just got my first piece of Gmail spam. I think they were spam, anyway. They weren't really selling anything and contained no intelligible or unintelligible communication. I just got what appeared to be an entirely random string of characters followed by a word.

The least spammed address I had before Gmail was a Hotmail address. Yes, that sounds crazy, but I think putting multiple underscore characters in a row frightened the spam spewers away.

—Alorael, who misses his excessive underscores.

Pages