If I Could Make My Own Fantasy Game...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: If I Could Make My Own Fantasy Game...
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #50
Coldstone the game creation engine is very finnicky from what I have gathered.

At any rate: Percinator, double posting on this forum is not permitted. Please read the code of conduct.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #51
quote:
Aaaaaargh, as Ephesos said, your posts are getting more and more difficult to understand. Ever heard of the words grammar and spelling? probably not. And another thing: the creatures you said where in sci fi series that already existed before you were born. that is, if you are not a person in his mid-thirties or mid-twenties, which i doubt, as you spell like an eight year old.
i am 8

and dikiyoba thanks you actually liked it!!!!!!
(my topic)

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #52
hey the establishment could you please not ban me
:D :D :D :D :D
(completely seperate post! :)

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #53
STOP DOUBLE POSTING!!!

In all honesty, someone's going to ban you if you keep this up...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #54
And it's generally uncommon to refer to people by their title or rank, Journeyman. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

Hey, The Establishment, could you please not ban me?
*fixes*

It's Stareye. Get it? Becuase the '*' and the 'i'?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #56
Stop picking on the newbie, you'll scare him away.

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
I think that would be what they are trying to do now, since arghhhhhhhhh has never shown any inclination to improve his posting skills.

Dikiyoba politely asks arghhhhhhhhh to start heeding others suggestions, especially since they just want you to follow the code of conduct that everyone else follows. If you follow the code of conduct, you won't have to worry about being banned. It's better to use the system to your advantage than to try and beat it.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by Every Man For Himself:

Stop picking on the newbie, you'll scare him away.
I wasn't picking on him, I was letting him know that it was Stareye, and why.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Apprentice
Member # 6623
Profile #59
I doubt sometimes that my ideas for a game could fit into an Avernum/Geneforge system, as clever as they are. I'm looking into becoming some sort of creative director for video games once I get out of high school, so this might be useful to explore.

I've been spending the holidays in London, England, going to movies at Picadilly Circus, exploring downtown by the tube... every time I walk around tall buildings, I always wish I had the power to jump to the top of them in a single bound. To me, self-propelled flight is a wonderful thing to implement into games, and the idea that you could just catapult yourself into the air from a ground level sprawling with human beings makes me smile.

I wouldn't want to build a game around that concept alone, though, but it would be something I'd want to implement. Perhaps the idea of a brooding modern city filled with tall buildings and supernatural phenomena has been turned a bit cliche by other genres, but I still like the concept.

I also like working with characters. It's why I like roleplaying so much, getting into character and working with other people's ideas to give my own idea outside experience and whatnot. I'd want to make a story revolving around a strong cast, not just one with no dialogue outside the text conversations with NPCs.

At the moment, though, I'm still thinking up concepts more than actual storylines and games. Any of you have any ideas you'd like to contribute?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #60
You know, there is this one thing that I always wanted to see, and that is an adventure of some sort in the human body. Know I have started plaaning this concept for a BoA scenario which will someday be released. something else (which I also started planning for a BoA scenario), is that things start to go wrong for no obvious reason. At a certain point somebody discovers a second dimension. paralel to the Avernum world, but linked with portals. In that second dimension everything is ruined. Everything is filthy. People are ill and dying. before things will be settled in your own world, you should fix the problems in the second dimension. That is something that always intruiged me.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 02:23: Message edited by: Thralni, chicken god prophet ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
At a certain point somebody discovers a second dimension. paralel to the Avernum world, but linked with portals. In that second dimension everything is tuined. Everything if filthy. People are ill and dying. before things will be settled in your won world, you should fix the problems in the second dimension. That is something that always intruiged me.
There's a BoE scenario called The Nature of Evil which touches on these themes. Well, sort of.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!

Pages