INTJ? ESFP?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: INTJ? ESFP?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
It's been a while and the membership has changed some. Also, my knowledge of how this all works has greatly increased. So let's find out...

What's your type?

I tested as INTJ again, even the same percentages. However, the percentages really aren't very important.

Many find the descriptions that are linked to to be uncannily accurate, though some find only a few points really seem to describe them. Reasons for this and a short description of what those letters really mean once we have had some people give their types.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I've taken this test and others like it too many times to give meaningful results. I'm presumably still INTJ as well.

—Alorael, who feels a warm tie of kinship with the man who can create Art with a capital A. Heck, maybe it's even Arte with a gratuitous E!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #2
INFJ, although the majority were in the "slightly" category.

edit: out of the 16 categories, I am a 2% minority as a Counselor Idealist.

Hooray for minorities. Bring it AWN.

[ Thursday, December 08, 2005 13:15: Message edited by: kuc ]

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
INTJ is my typical ranking.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
Well, I answered all the questions and it came out as O+. Did I do something wrong?
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #5
mine came out as ISTP ...im too antisocial

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #6
I came out as ENFJ. Also the description said something about a teacher, but I couldn't be bothered reading it. It's really pink as well, did I get something that questions my sexuality?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #7
INFP.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #8
I did the questionnaire again and I came out as RSVP. I'm definitely doing something wrong...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
I am apparently INFP as well. A "healer idealist," or so it seems.

I can live with that. I think I've taken this quiz before, because the result looks familiar.

EDIT: Well, if you come out as MVP, you'll have a decent contract in the future.

[ Thursday, December 08, 2005 15:28: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #10
I've always come out as an INTJ. I agree that the percentages aren't all that important

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #11
Every time I take the test, I always come out as ISTJ.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #12
Good ol' Jungian personality typing. I test again as an ENFJ. Kingy, we might get along splendidly. NF's in general "get" each other. I'm strong on the N and F much moreso than the E and J, and on F most of all (50).

Percentages do matter. Being mild or close to center on the scale can be very different from being extreme on it. The idea is that you can/want to move along these scales through your life closer to the centers and to become more balanced and versatile in time. A fellow student in my psych program was in her 60's and had successfully done this in her life, having shifted significantly in her test results over the decades.

Other ENFJ's: King David (I wonder how they figured that out, but I like it), Abraham Lincoln, Sean Connery (yay!), Johnny Depp (yay!).

Having less than two letters in common with someone means you will likely have extra challenge in the relationship—not that it is not possible, but it will take more work on both person's part to make it work.

P.S. - I'm looking forward to what you have to say about it, Alex.

P.P.S. - This must explain why I like to get so "teachy". I'm a mild E though, so my pursuit of being a therapist is closely related.

[ Thursday, December 08, 2005 16:24: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #13
INTP for me plz
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
Icshi: According to your O+ blood type, you are robust, ambitious, and self-confident, which makes you a natural leader. Just don't let yourself slip into ruthlessness, arrogance, vanity, or insensitivity!

—Alorael, whose blood type is C++.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
OPEC

opinionated
puzzling
exasperating
conscious

*this message sponsored by the "make your own" personality company*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #16
INFP here too.

Mary, mother of Jesus
St. John, the beloved disciple
St. Luke; physician, disciple, author
William Shakespeare, bard of Avon

Cool.

Lisa Kudrow ("Phoebe" of Friends)

Darn.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #17
Your Type is
ESTJ

Extroverted 11%
Sensing 12%
Thinking 62%
Judging 56%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
 You are:
slightly expressed extrovert
slightly expressed sensing personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Sensing
Thinking
Judging

[ Thursday, December 08, 2005 20:26: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #18
Hmm, I remain INTP, as for many years, but quite a bit less pronounced T and a bit less pronounced P than before. I've heard it's typical for people to move more to neutrality as they age.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #19
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extroverted (44
Intuitive (25)
Thinking (12)
Judging (11)

I think I got that last time I did the test.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #20
I'm ISFP. No-ones been that yet, have they?
Introverted 11
Sensing 1
Feeling 12
Percieving 33
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex' Poll:

Your personality sucks

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #22
The tests are too broad and subjective to be of any real use, you're aware of that, right?

Someone asks you to fill out a Myers-Briggs or other such test as part of a job, politely find the door: they're willing to rely on specious methods to manage human resources and are probably not destined for great things.

Someone takes these tests as gospel, well, take their advice on anything else with a psychological component.

I'm not even telling you mine, because whatever I tell you you'll start stereotyping me as anyway.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #23
I disagree with your statements as long as these tests are taken with the appropriate caveats. Of course these tests cannot be used as a sole indicator of success in particular jobs.

However, they are useful in getting a broad idea of what sort of jobs might appeal to a person more and the general manager-employee interaction. A more introverted person would generally prefer jobs where they are given a task and they alone work on it which tends to be the opposite for extroverts. Some personality types are more apt to lead than others.

Is it perfect? No. A simple questionaire cannot hope to fully categorize something as complicated as a human personality. However, behavioral science has identified statistical trends with these tests. There is no answer this group of questions this way and you will be good at a certain job; however, there are trends that can be established so that on average they would have a decent amount of accurracy.

I would refine your statement to say that if an employer uses Myers-Briggs or any other personality test as the sole indicator then I would be worried. If it were used as just a component and applied with knowledge of its limitations, then it is a useful tool.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #24
I took an employment test in Psychology. If I remember right my final score was a "Never Hire". Supposedly I was a drug addict and prone to stealing money from the register, mhh.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.

Pages