INTJ? ESFP?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: INTJ? ESFP?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
The personality tests/psychological profiles done on prospective NFL draft picks are some of the most scarily accurate predictors of success that I've seen.

I fall somewhere along the ENTJ/ESTJ line.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 03:57: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
INFJ

Introverted 89
Intuitive 62
Feeling 12
Judging 1

Edit: I just remembered I came out P the last time I took this, not J. But it's a weak J.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 05:05: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #27
I seem to be borderline INTP/INTJ. Every year or so when I decide to take the test again, I end up getting a different result.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 05:26: Message edited by: CPeters ]

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #28
*I has already started my explanation. Human beings are far too complex to be completely described by a few paragraphs. The point of personality typing is to identify some of the basic characteristics of the way people tend to do things and look at the world.

I say the percentages don't matter, because this is just some online test and not necessarily completely accurate. To Synergy, there is a reason your friend was closer to the middle now that she's in her 60's. Though before we get that deep into the discussion, first we shall have the letters!

-------

How this all works:

The four letters represent four of the basic elements of personality. As I have said above, there is a lot more to people than these four things can describe, however, these four elements do describe some of the basic characteristics of a person.

First of all, these particular letters and the words they represent can be misleading. Judging, for example has nothing to do with being judgmental nor does being Perceiving necessarily mean you are particularly perceptive. The meaning of the words are as follows:

Extraversion and Introversion:

Extraversion and Introversion, as they apply to personality typing, describes some general preferences for the way/amount you interact with others. Obviously, everyone needs to spend some time interacting with others and, likewise, everyone needs some time to just be alone now and then. However, people do have some natural preferences.

Extraverts tend to feel energized by being around other people; often the more people the better. Spending very much time in solitude tends to make them feel a bit drained and it’s not long before they are looking for someone to talk to. Introverts, on the other hand, don’t often enjoy being completely surrounded by people. They usually are more comfortable in smaller groups. Even then, extended periods of time with others often really start to tire them and they start looking to be alone for a while so they can relax.

Keirsey uses the terms Expressive and Reserved. He found that extraverted people tend to be more talkative and sociable. Their general preference to be with groups of people rather than alone is why they can be said to be more gregarious and outgoing. Introverts, on the other hand, tend to be more Reserved in their preference for spending time in more solitary activities and keep more to themselves even when spending time with others.

Again, everyone has times when they are feeling more expressive or more reserved, and different people may be more or less intense in their tendency to be one way or the other, but it is usually not too hard to determine a general preference for spending time with groups of people or spending time alone.

Sensation and Intuition:

Sensation and Intuition refer to where you tend focus your attention. Sensors spend more time noticing and paying attention to what is going on externally. They tend to be much more concerned with the concrete, the things they can see and touch and hear and sense. Intuitives spend more of their time focusing on internal things, the world of thoughts and concepts and feelings and potentials and things that are otherwise abstract.

Once more, everyone spends some time both ways, but most people clearly spend much more time paying attention to what is actually occurring/has occurred/will occur out in the physical world or to the abstract things that take place only within themselves and others.

Thinking and Feeling:

Obviously, everyone has thoughts, and everyone has feelings, but some pay more attention to one and others pay more attention to the other. This is better described as a tendency to objectify or personalize situations. Thinkers are much more likely to step back from a situation and try to look at it from a more logical, unbiased outside perspective. Feelers, though, tend to step in to a situation and try to have a more personally involved perspective. Those who are looking at something objectively are much more likely to pay attention to what they think about the situation whereas those who have personally involved themselves are more likely to be paying attention to how they feel about it.

By now you know, both ways describe a general tendency not an absolute.

Judgment or Perception:

These two are best described a preference for making decisions or leaving your options open. Judgers usually prefer to have things decided, to look at the options and just pick one. They prefer having a decision so they can begin to plan how to incorporate it into what is already there. Perceivers, on the other hand, often feel restricted when everything has already been planned out. They prefer to keep their options open so they aren’t tied to just one thing in case a better option comes along.

------------

The results of this test may or may not accurately reflect your personality. It is, after all, an online test and is not infallible.

Lastly, while the description of your type may or may not seem particularly accurate - as people, even of the same type, do vary in their behaviors - you will probably see many similarities between yourself and the personalities that share your temperament (the *S*J Guardians, the *S*P Artisans, the *NF* Idealists, and the *NT* Rationals). However, temperament is a separate, though related, discussion.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 08:18: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #29
I've always been an INTJ, as well.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
ESTJ this time; I believe I might have scored ESTP in the past.

Extroverted...33%
Sensing........50%
Thinking........50%
Judging.........a mere 1%

The description really doesn't seem to fit, but then again, neither do any of the others.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 11:21: Message edited by: Stugri-La ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #31
I don't think I've taken thisbefore, but I might have forgotten.... Any way, I am

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 62 38 44

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #32
I know from long experience that I'm an ENTP.

It's not altogether too surprising that this community seems to be almost exclusively "J"

--------------------
Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Spiderweb distributions versus general distributions would be interesting to look at. Just at a glance I can see that the INTJ population is extraordinarily large. Actually, I think it may be the most common reported type right now, and that's not proportional.

—Alorael, who is sure that there is a plan behind it. A master plan. Get it?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Logalot^2:

I know from long experience that I'm an ENTP.

It's not altogether too surprising that this community seems to be almost exclusively "J"

Well, it was 1% in my case and that because I find criticism useful.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #35
For those that are low in their percentages or don't really seem to match the description, you should look at the list of what the letters mean and see which one sounds more like you. Just because the test says you are one type doesn't necessarily mean you might not actually be another.

Alorael: I've looked at many varying statistics and INTJs tend to average about 1.3% of the population, giving us a high concentration of them even given the high *NT* ratio of the boards and even if we simply report the most.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #36
INFP

Introverted 56
Intuitive 50
Feeling 62
Perceiving 22

quote:
You are:
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

[ Saturday, December 10, 2005 07:45: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #37
I - 67
N - 44
T - 38
P - 78
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #38
Through rather informal and unscientific surveys, I've found the percentage of NT's on "sophisticated" boards tends to be a fairly consistent 50% most of the time.

On more unsophisticated boards (say, boards devoted to first person shooters or something) you'll find that they're a small minority.

--------------------
Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
We're not the majority of Spiderweb's customers, though. That seems to be young boys and those famous septuagenarian Eskimos.

—Alorael, who would like to see a Myers-Briggs analysis of, say, Ambrosia and Battle.net boards. That would be enlightening.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages