Calling all "Piss Heads"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Calling all "Piss Heads"
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #0
I like to drink, sometimes alot sometimes not.
But more importantly I have a few good reasons for drinking, and one has just entered my head, if a man cant drink when he's livin, how the hell can he drink when he's dead.

Words of wisdom. (this should spark a few opinions)

--------------------
jackoooo
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
My advice: Avoid message boards when intoxicated. It leads to unpredictable results.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
YES I LIKE RAUNCH

BUT GOLLY, MISTER, HOW DID YOU KNOW???

augahghuaghuaghaghuaghuaghaughaughaghuaghuaghu

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4478
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Atrus:

My advice: Avoid message boards when intoxicated. It leads to unpredictable results.
Concur!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Detta:

quote:

Concur!

zing

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #5
Whether or not you like to drink is your own business. It's your body. However, if you start drinking and driving, it becomes other peoples' business, as you are endangering everyone on or by the road.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Yes. It's similar with drinking and posting, except no one can get killed.

I wonder if we are ever going to see cars with a built-in breathalyzer that locks down when the driver is drunk.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #7
They should also automatically call a cab to your location, and have fingerprint scanners on the wheel, so it'd be difficult to steal.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

They should also automatically call a cab to your location, and have fingerprint scanners on the wheel, so it'd be difficult to steal.
Please explain. Are you actually serious or is this some joke? Aside from the loss of personal freedoms inherent in your statement, there are many practical problems.

*this message sponsored by room 101*
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Do I realy have to say that was a joke? Wasn't it quite obvious?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #10
Joke.

But what personal freedoms would you lose? You could make the cab calling optional. I can see technical problems with the cab calling, but the fingerprint scanning wouldn't be too hard.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #11
No more valets or lending of cars. Keys are easier. Try making the sentence for auto larceny more than a slap on the wrist and one night in jail. Don't purchase used parts (chop shops) or buy 3rd party vehicles. In other words, make theft less of a financial incentive for the thief.

Drunk driving? It's legal if it is on a private road or property, at least here, but it really is a matter of public education and alternatives. The state alcohol authorities should be working harder on this, and there needs to be a turn-around in public perception. There is NO right to purchase alcohol, the seller can always refuse, and more often that should be the "case."

Now, that was a pun.

*this message sponsored by the lobby*
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #12
That makes sense. I never knew drunk driving was legal on private property anywhere.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #13
quote:

I wonder if we are ever going to see cars with a built-in breathalyzer that locks down when the driver is drunk.

:) nice idea but feasible? A breathalyzer (e.g. on the wheel) would measure every breath inside the car, thus shut it down when the driver isn't drunk but somebody else. >_> If you could link it with the fingerprint-sensorics though ...

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #14
What the hell man?

--------------------
jackoooo
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #15
hey your right that is my business, but who the hell is talking about drink driving???? YOU!!!!

--------------------
jackoooo
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #16
They already have cars with breathalyzers. The driver must blow into it and have it read below the legal limit for the car to start...though I suppose that won't stop them from drinking mid way...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
There are also a number of cases where a drunk driver has gotten a sober person to do the breathalyzer part, then zoomed down the road.

Grote, please don't double post. Use the "Edit" button and add whatever changes to your original post.

—Alorael, who won't touch any sissy alcohol. Real men drink fluorescent orange beverages!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #18
quote:

That makes sense. I never knew drunk driving was legal on private property anywhere.
You'd be amazed what you can get away with on your own property. Just don't go digging around behind that fir tree by the shed.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #19
I don't think we have to worry about grote lul drinking and driving...yet. His grammar should be a clear indication.

Anyway, I drink occasionly, but in a couple of weeks, on my school camp, occasionly will change.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 13:30: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
—Alorael, who won't touch any sissy alcohol. Real men drink fluorescent orange beverages!
Hooray for Orange Gatorade!

Personally, I refuse to drink alcohol as well. It's nasty, and negatively affects your thinking. Plus it makes you clumsy.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 15:52: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #21
quote:

quote:
Hooray for Orange Gatorade!

Personally, I refuse to drink alcohol as well. It's nasty, and negatively affects your thinking. Plus it makes you clumsy.

I think that a big factor on drinking is that it affects your thinking. Sometimes people just wanna forget, and drinking presents a fancy getway. I'm not saying is right, but it works momentaraly. I, for example, think toooo much about the consequences of my actions (not post, we all know how dumb those are). What if this happens? or what will they think, and what about this or that. So drinking, mostly on vacation and with a fair amount of control on my drinking, just allows me to have fun. Plain innocent dumb fun, just to be a teenager and not think for once.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 16:27: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Sometimes people just wanna forget, and drinking presents a fancy getway.
Except sometimes, instead of forgetting, you remember, and you're more likely to act rashly on your depression, anger, etc.

Actually, I think it would be more fun to mess with drunks than to get drunk. Like hiding in the woods and saying things like "Come to me and hear my wisdom. I'm the oak on the left," and watching their reaction.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 17:10: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #23
Don't tease the bears. Some of them have aggressive tempers.

*this message sponsored by s&w*
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
I was talking about something a bit more addictive than Gatorade, but that fluoresces a fair amount as well. It's probably just as likely to melt your intestines, too.

—Alorael, who respects everyone's right to consume alcohol for many of the same reasons that he supports a right to euthanasia. If you choose to die by liver failure, you are entitled to that choice. If you're a ditherer who just drinks enough to raise the risks without guaranteeing death, well, you should be more decisive!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages