Calling all "Piss Heads"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Calling all "Piss Heads"
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #50
I can't post a reply under this ignoble heading, nor do I want to spend many words in this thread so off topic-ly, so please look for the new thread for my response.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

I can't post a reply under this ignoble heading
You just did. Besides, you don't need to inform us that you're creating a new thread; chances are that we would probably notice.

Edit: damn, I manage to screw up almost every quote.

[ Tuesday, October 25, 2005 06:51: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #52
Am I the only person who, coming from a country in which 'piss' is an uncommon way to refer to beer, finds the name of this topic astoundingly funny?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #53
I don't think beer is called piss anywhere, except maybe very bad beer, but pisshead is a UK term for a frequent drunkard. It's based on the British slang "pissed" for drunk.

—Alorael, who supposes this could provide cultural problems. If you fight with your boss, your neighbors, and some random people on the street and complain that you're really pissed, Americans will understand and Brits will question your method of handling frustration.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #54
Amazingly enough, I find myself with a little something to contribute to this thread on its original topic. It's my very favorite line from the James Herriot books. If I recall correctly, Siegfried takes a look at his younger playboy of a brother after a particularly late and revelrous night of excessive beer consumption and declares, "Tristan, your eyes look like two piss-holes in the snow." Somehow that line amuses me greatly: crass, but oh, so picturesque.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #55
To Belisarius : Ai man it's a very common expression for us. So do you indulge in natures nectar? Or am I the only one here that requires the stimulating effects of my one true passion to have a bit of craic (craic meaning fun).

--------------------
jackoooo
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #56
You're not the only one.

Alcohol is a fine social lubricant, and when taken in moderate quantities it can really break down social insecurities and nervousness and allow for some very good times. Of course, these affects could hardly be appreciated by those interested only in communicating with fellow humans through internet message boards. But for those of us that require actual human contact on a regular basis in order to be happy, booze can be a great asset.

When taken in larger quantities the effects are not so positive, but I can testify that being obscenely drunk is rather fun in its own way. Except when you end up passing out on lawns and spraining wrists, that is. :P

And enough water before bedtime will usually blunt or prevent a bad hangover.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #57
"Pissed" isn't common here, but it's not unused to the point where it's comedic.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by Anomen:

plus alcohol gives the painful sideaffect of a bad hang over in the morn
Bah. Hangovers are for amateurs.

--------------------
AIM/Yahoo IM: Cavanoskus

Scary artwork and Bad Poetry
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #59
I've never had a hangover.

...I've never been drunk either, so that might explain it. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #60
:) Welcome back, Cavanoskus!
Where have you been? :P I hope not in a hangover ...

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #61
Well, in my experience, being drunk is only fun when people can tell that you're drunk. With me, it's apparently not apparent, as B informed me after a night of experimentation in that area. Neither he nor I are obvious drunks. We become random ramblers, which is very much like our usual condition. The only difference is that we like to stay in one place because that keeps the room from moving strangely.

Party animals, we are.

[ Thursday, October 27, 2005 23:15: Message edited by: dareva ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #62
I'm glad I don't need alcohol to talk to people or to have fun. Like I said earlier, if other people are using alcohol around you, you can have some fun without drinking a drop.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #63
Well, I've had fun at parties without drinking before. I don't mess with drunks, though. Rather, I mesh with them and in so doing absorb some of the infectious looseness of inebriation.

Perhaps my response to grote lul was misleading. I am more than capable of enjoying myself in a non-drinking situation. But parties are damn fun too, and not just for alcoholics. I couldn't possibly count all the amazing people I've met and spoke with at parties that I would never end up interacting with walking around campus.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #64
I would drink a bit for fun, but the last time I had alcohol, it tasted horrible. Plus there are the negative side effects that I don't want to deal with.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #65
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

:) Welcome back, Cavanoskus!
Where have you been? :P I hope not in a hangover ...

Thanks :D I've been all over the place, with no computer and unreliable internet access, but now that those problems are solved, I should be around a lot more. No hangovers for me. ;)

By the way, the key to avoiding a hangover is to drink one glass of water for every beer, mixed drink, or shot. It sounds like a bigger deal than it is. The water might feel a little uncomfortable going down since you are already filling your stomach with liquid, but since alcohol dehydrates you (this is what a hangover is), the water you drink will be quickly absorbed, and you won't feel any different, you'll still be drunk, but the next morning you'll be perfectly fine. As someone who goes to weekend heavy metal festivals where I get little sleep, no quiet, and a lot of beer, I have to utilize this trick. ;)

Of course, there's nothing wrong with not drinking, so if you don't want to, don't. Personally I can have just as much fun sober as I can in an altered state. It just depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm in the mood for alcohol, just as sometimes I'm in the mood for pizza, Mountain Dew, chocolate milk, wonton soup, Spaghetti-Os, or what have you. It's just another choice in the wide world of consumables. :D

Edit: typo.

[ Saturday, October 29, 2005 14:05: Message edited by: Cavanoskus ]

--------------------
AIM/Yahoo IM: Cavanoskus

Scary artwork and Bad Poetry
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #66
This seems to be a friendly party with enough of social lubricant to attract such rare members as Dareva and Stugie. I revive the topic just to say hello because they did post nowhere else anymore.

:) Happy Diwali, Stug, don't sprain your other wrist. I still hope you won't leave us forever ;_;

Dareva, are you married yet? Will you announce your marriage on these boards? Post a picture? ^_^ Nice to see you back from time to time.

*opens a bottle of champagne and hands also to Cavanoskus a glass.*
:D Cheers!

+_+ Strange: everybody's post here seems to be the last post; even grote lul is silent now.
Hey, where are you? Have you dislocated the party without telling us?

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #67
quote:
Sometimes I'm in the mood for alcohol, just as sometimes I'm in the mood for pizza, Mountain Dew, chocolate milk, wonton soup, Spaghetti-Os, or what have you. It's just another choice in the wide world of consumables.
Very true, except that I'm always in the mood for Spaghetti-O's and Pizza

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

Dareva, are you married yet? Will you announce your marriage on these boards? Post a picture? ^_^ Nice to see you back from time to time.
Not yet. We've already scandalized most of the family on both sides by declaring that we're not getting married in a church, but beyond that we have no clue what we're doing.

I never really know when I'll post. I've changed a lot of my habits in the past year or so, and obsessive board posting is one of them.

Pages