Everyone's a Comedian

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Everyone's a Comedian
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #25
An orchestra is giving a performance of Beethoven's ninth symphony. During the interval between the third and fourth movements, the two double bass players decide to sneak out. They drop their instruments, which hit the two cello players in front of them. The cellists are unconscious for the remainder of the concert.
The bass players go to a bar and meet their friend, a European nobleman. They all get drunk and after a while, the first bassist says to the second, "Shouldn't we be getting back?"
The other guy says, "No, we've got plenty of time. Right before we left, I tied up the conductor's music with a piece of string. It'll take him a while to untangle it."
When it's finally time to start, the conductor looks really nervous. A member of the audience whispers to his friend, "Why is the conductor so nervous?"
His neighbour replies, "It's the last of the ninth, the score is tied, two men are out, the basses are loaded, and the count is full."

--------------------
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #26
~LMAO!~

Brilliant!

[Edit:]

Okay, I know this is long, and many of you have probably seen it, but since we're going for puns, I simply couldn't resist. I nearly die every time I read it.

(We take you now to the Oval Office.)

George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?

Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.

George: Great. Lay it on me.

Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.

George: That's what I want to know.

Condi: That's what I'm telling you.

George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?

Condi: Yes.

George: I mean the fellow's name.

Condi: Hu.

George: The guy in China.

George: The new leader of China.

George: The Chinaman!

Condi: Hu is leading China.

George: Now whaddya' asking me for?

Condi: I'm telling you Hu is leading China.

George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?

Condi: That's the man's name.

George: That's who's name?

Condi: Yes.

George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of
China?

Condi: Yes, sir.

George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the
Middle East.

Condi: That's correct.

George: Then who is in China?

George: Yassir is in China?

Condi: No, sir.

George: Then who is?

George: Yassir?

Condi: No, sir.

George: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.

Condi: Kofi?

George: No, thanks.

Condi: You want Kofi?

George: No.

Condi: You don't want Kofi.

George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then get me the U.N.

George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.

Condi: Kofi?

George: Milk! Will you please make the call?

Condi: And call who?

George: Who is the guy at the U.N?

Condi: Hu is the guy in China.

George: Will you stay out of China?!

George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U.N.

Condi: Kofi.

George: All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone.

(Condi picks up the phone.)

Condi: Rice, here.

George: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too. Maybe we
should send some to the guy in China. And the Middle East. Can you
get Chinese food in the Middle East?

[ Sunday, October 09, 2005 13:38: Message edited by: Muji ]

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #27
Very nice, but all I really wanted to know was, "Who's on first?"

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #28
No, Hu is not at first base. Hu is in China.

This joke is from Funny2.com:

Boss's fast new CD burner needs the right media, so tech assistant asks the office secretary to order some recordable CDs rated at 40X. "Imagine my surprise later in the day," assistant groans, "to hear the water-cooler discussion about my trying to acquire 40 X-rated CDs for my department!"

And another joke I have heard, and I have hardly grown tired of it:

Our top story tonight: Convicted hitman Jimmy "Two Shoes" McClardy has confessed to being hired to beat a cow to death in a rice field using only two small porcelain figurines.

Police admit this may be the first known case of a Knick-Knack Paddy-Whack.

[ Sunday, October 09, 2005 18:39: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Muji:

Chicho, good translation. ;)

really or sarcasm?
anyway if i write things like:
habia una vez un cura viajando en un bus, justo se sube una monja y se sienta al lado de él.
pasa un rato y el padre le toca accidentalmente la pierna en la rodilla, la monja se enoja y le dice: padre acuérdese del salmo 69.
el cura se disculpa y el viaje prosigue.
al cabo de una rato el cura le vueve a tocar la pierna, ya no tan accidentalmente un poco mas arriba de la rodilla...la hisoria se repite:la monja se enoja y le dice que se acuerde del salmo 69...el cura se disculpa..
luego de un rato pasa lo mismo pero ahora le pasa la mano cada vez mas arriba!lo mismo de antes.
luego el cura llega al convento y va corriendo a ver el salmo 69, y casi se muere al ver lo que dice:
-sigue subiendo hombre que arriba estará la gloria...
:D
in that case then no one would understand i, maybe Marlenny does.
the double sense that this joke have violates severily the CoC so maybe i will see the Canned title very soon...

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

Marlenny: you naughty girl! I saw what you did....and I laughed a lot...and then it was gone. I saved the evidence however. I'm sending my associate "Guido" over to collect your first extortion payment.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have a couple more, but I'm afraid they would be breaking the CoC as well. However, you can pm me if you want me to email them to you.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
I think even the Puritans will have to let that one go, but I'm curious as to which Psalm 69 is cited.

—Alorael, who has a truly great bar joke: a termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bartender here?" Say it out loud.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

really or sarcasm?
No, I'm serious. :)

I know how hard it is to translate things, especially a joke.

You managed to get the punchline across, and I think that's all that could be reasonably expected.

quote:

in that case then no one would understand i, maybe Marlenny does.
the double sense that this joke have violates severily the CoC so maybe i will see the Canned title very soon...

Unfortunately, my Spanish is extremely rusty, so I didn't understand that. And even if the mods are fluent in Spanish, I doubt you'll get canned for it.

At worse, if it's really offensive, they'll probably just give you a warning. And even then, I doubt it immensely. ;)

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.
I smell a pun, but I don't know the original phrase it's based on.

quote:
No pun in ten did.
I never believed people when they claimed puns could cause physical pain. :P

quote:
I saved the evidence however. I'm sending my associate "Guido" over to collect your first extortion payment.
I must not ask. I must not ask. I must not ask.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 03:52: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Atrus:

quote:
Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.
I smell a pun, but I don't know the original phrase it's based on.

The US National Park Service has a cartoon mascot named Smokey the Bear, whose catchphrase is "Only you can prevent forest fires."

Here's mine:

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
Nacho cheese!!!

Aran, your new moniker has me all Mysty-eyed!

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 04:23: Message edited by: Drew ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #35
A guy goes up to the Pope and says "Hey, I have a great Pollock joke." The Pope says "I'm from Poland, so maybe you shouldn't tell me." The guy replies, "That's ok, I'll go slow and repeat the hard parts."

This one's better when done out loud.

How did the Canadians choose the name of their country? They put a bunch of letters in a hat and drew them out one at a time. "C, eh?" "N, eh?" "D, eh?"

IMAGE(http://images5.theimagehosting.com/lamejoke.GIF)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #36
I have here another Jewish joke, which I didn't find all that good, but here ya go anyway:

A man goes to the rabbi.

"Rabbi, maybe I'm getting paranoid, but I think my wife is trying to poison me. Could you please speak to her and maybe find out her plans?"

The Rabbi goes to his wife and comes back after several hours. Then he says:

"I have talked tp your wife... for THREE HOURS!!! My advice: TAKE THE POISON!!"

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 05:39: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

I have here another Jewish joke, which I didn't find all that good, but here ya go anyway:

A man goes to the rabbi.

"Rabbi, maybe I'm getting paranoid, but I think my wife is trying to poison me. Could you please speak to her and maybe find out her plans?"

The Rabbi goes to his wife and comes back after several hours. Then he says:

"I have talked tp your wife... for THREE HOURS!!! My advice: TAKE THE POISON!!"

Some would argue that if you changed "Rabbi" for "priest/doctor/neighbor/friend/anything", you could easily change the category from "Jewish joke" to "married man joke"... ;)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #38
quote:

Alorael: proves once again that there can never be too many lawyer or engineer jokes.

You know there is only one lawyer joke.

All the rest are true.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #39
How many lawyers does it take to shingle a roof?

It depends on how thinly you slice them.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #40
I really have nothing against the Poles, but this joke is really funny:

How do Poles change a light bulb?

Five: One stands on a chair and hold the light bulb, and the rest hold the chair at the legs and start turning the chair around.

There's another one like this:

How do feminists change a light bulb?

One stands on a chair and replaces the light bulb, while an other yells at the other "ITS NOT FUNNY!"

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #41
A young man went to visit his grandmother and took one of his friends with him. While he was talking to his grand- mother, his friend began to eat the peanuts that were on the coffee table, and finished them off.

As they were leaving, the friend said, "I'm sorry, I ate all of your peanuts." The grandmother replied, "Oh that's all right sonny, I can't eat them. Since I lost my dentures, I can only lick the chocolate off of them."

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #42
quote:

[quote=Muji]
[qb]
Chicho, good translation. ;)

really or sarcasm?
anyway if i write things like:
habia una vez un cura viajando en un bus, justo se sube una monja y se sienta al lado de él.
pasa un rato y el padre le toca accidentalmente la pierna en la rodilla, la monja se enoja y le dice: padre acuérdese del salmo 69.
el cura se disculpa y el viaje prosigue.
al cabo de una rato el cura le vueve a tocar la pierna, ya no tan accidentalmente un poco mas arriba de la rodilla...la hisoria se repite:la monja se enoja y le dice que se acuerde del salmo 69...el cura se disculpa..
luego de un rato pasa lo mismo pero ahora le pasa la mano cada vez mas arriba!lo mismo de antes.
luego el cura llega al convento y va corriendo a ver el salmo 69, y casi se muere al ver lo que dice:
-sigue subiendo hombre que arriba estará la gloria...
:D [QB][/quote]lol, niceeeeee.
Edit: Chicho- yeah, that's where I got it from.
Edit2: took out the joke. It wasn't so funny, and everyone has heard it before. Damn me for taking jokes out of forward messages.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 10:36: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #43
buena loca, aunque igual me lo sabía por que una vez me llego por correo como cadenai gual es entretenido

=
i have readed it before but always is fun

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 09:03: Message edited by: chicho ]

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

You know there is only one lawyer joke.

All the rest are true.

It's funny 'cuz it's true, Jewels. My uncle, a retired divorce attorney, told me this one once:

—What do you get when you cross a lawyer with a pig?
**No one knows. There are some things even pigs won't do.

CHICHO and MARLENNY: Minus ten points from Hufflepuff for writing jokes I can't read.

DREW: I have a nice "mystery meat" deli sandwich here as your prize.

ALEX: Thank you for the cartoon fix. You do not disappoint. It afforded me as good a laugh as I've had here yet, and I am happy to report that my withdrawal symptoms of twitching and sweating have subsequently disappeared.

ZEPHYR: Those were just plain painful. But it hurts so good.

ERIKA: Most excellent. My kind of dumb pun-ishment. As your reward... (Atrus should appreciate this one too if we can tear him away from Myst III long enough to read it)...

—A couple of tourists are walking through a graveyard in Vienna. They begin to hear what sounds like backwards music and become puzzled. They approach the groundskeeper and ask him, "What is that weird backwards-sounding music we keep hearing?" The groundskeeper replies, "Oh, that's just Mozart decomposing."

THRALNI: This one's for you, because you earned it:

—A man runs into a police station in Warsaw and frantically shouts, "Officer, officer, my wife's trying to KILL me!" The officer replies, "Now settle down and tell me why you think that's true." The man declares, "Because I found THIS in her purse!" as he pulls out a bottle of Polish Remover.

ALORAEL: Hee hee hee. No sig joke required after that.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 10:32: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
I've seen that joke in English, too.

A better Jewish joke: A young man calls his mother and says, "Mom, I know you'll be disappointed in me. You sent me to years of religious school and Hebrew classes, you were so proud when I was bar mitzvahed. But Mom, I just can't be Jewish anymore. I've found Jesus and he changed my life. I've been going to church every Sunday and everything."

His mother doesn't know what to say or what to do, so she does what she always does in times of trouble: she calls her rabbi. "Rabbi, I need help!" she tells him. "I raised my son to be a good Jewish boy, but now he's converting to Christianity!"

"Funny you should mention that," the rabbi replies. "I also have a son, as you know, and I also raised him as a good Jewish boy. I thought he would follow in my footsteps and be a rabbi too. But just a few days ago he called and said that he was converting to Christianity!"

"You, too?" asks the mother. "What did you do?"

"Well," says the rabbi, "I did what I always do when I'm in trouble. I prayed to God. And you know what? He answered me!"

"God answered you? What did he say?"

"Well..." the rabbi says slowly, "He said, 'Funny you should mention that. I have a son, and I raised him to be a good Jewish boy, and...'"

—Alorael, who has no more sig-sized jokes to share.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #46
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally written by Jewels:

[qb]
THRALNI: This one's for you, because you earned it:

—A man runs into a police station in Warsaw and frantically shouts, "Officer, officer, my wife's trying to KILL me!" The officer replies, "Now settle down and tell me why you think that's true." The man declares, "Because I found THIS in her purse!" as he pulls out a bottle of Polish Remover.

HA HA HA!! No, I mean it. That was the funiest joke I saw on this thread! But, really, I don't have anything against the Poles, really, I mean it.

Now I'm just curious: Was that joke meant as an insult, or did you really like the jokes I posted? (No, I'm not annoyed or angry, just curious :) )

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #47
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Now I'm just curious: Was that joke meant as an insult, or did you really like the jokes I posted?
Insult? Well, no, that wasn't my intention. I'm more a poke fun at people kind of guy, myself included.

Soooooo....let's see...I enjoyed the Rabbi joke which reminded me of the joke I just included for you. I think you managed to dredge up the very first lightbulb joke (there are probably millions now). The second lightbulb joke I'm not entirely sure I understand, though I am sure it must be funny. Right?

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 11:06: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Muji:
Unfortunately, my Spanish is extremely rusty, so I didn't understand that. And even if the mods are fluent in Spanish, I doubt you'll get canned for it.

Well to your delight. I've decided to translate it all for you. Here it is:
Once upon a time there was a priest traveling in a bus. A nun gets on the bus and sits right next to him. As time goes by the priest accidentally touches her knee. The nun gets mad and tells the father: you should remember what psalm 69 says. The priest apologizes and the travel continues. A couple of minutes later, the priest, again, touches not so accidentally the nun's leg (a little bit above the knee). Well, history repeats itself; the nun gets angry and repeats the father to remember the words of psalm 69. The priest apologizes yet again. The same thing happens once more time just that the priest goes a little bit upper, but the nun repeats her saying. After a while, the priest gets to the convent and runs to see what psalm 69 says, and almost dies when he reads it.
"Keep going up and you'll find the glory".

Edit: fixed the quote.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 11:17: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Hands and Minds:

I've seen that joke in English, too.

A better Jewish joke: A young man calls his mother and says, "Mom, I know you'll be disappointed in me. You sent me to years of religious school and Hebrew classes, you were so proud when I was bar mitzvahed. But Mom, I just can't be Jewish anymore. I've found Jesus and he changed my life. I've been going to church every Sunday and everything."

His mother doesn't know what to say or what to do, so she does what she always does in times of trouble: she calls her rabbi. "Rabbi, I need help!" she tells him. "I raised my son to be a good Jewish boy, but now he's converting to Christianity!"

"Funny you should mention that," the rabbi replies. "I also have a son, as you know, and I also raised him as a good Jewish boy. I thought he would follow in my footsteps and be a rabbi too. But just a few days ago he called and said that he was converting to Christianity!"

"You, too?" asks the mother. "What did you do?"

"Well," says the rabbi, "I did what I always do when I'm in trouble. I prayed to God. And you know what? He answered me!"

"God answered you? What did he say?"

"Well..." the rabbi says slowly, "He said, 'Funny you should mention that. I have a son, and I raised him to be a good Jewish boy, and...'"

—Alorael, who has no more sig-sized jokes to share.

That may just be my favorite yet... definitely top 5!

quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Well to your delight. I've decided to translate it all for you. Here it is:
Once upon a time there was a priest traveling in a bus. A nun gets on the bus and sits right next to him. As time goes by the priest accidentally touches her knee. The nun gets mad and tells the father: you should remember what psalm 69 says. The priest apologizes and the travel continues. A couple of minutes later, the priest, again, touches not so accidentally the nun's leg (a little bit above the knee). Well, history repeats itself; the nun gets angry and repeats the father to remember the words of psalm 69. The priest apologizes yet again. The same thing happens once more time just that the priest goes a little bit upper, but the nun repeats her saying. After a while, the priest gets to the convent and runs to see what psalm 69 says, and almost dies when he reads it.
"Keep going up and you'll find the glory".

Edit: fixed the quote.

Yay! Translation!

And an excellent joke it is. :D

--------------------

Pages