how many levels...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: how many levels...
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
well men, exactly how many poster grades there is in this forums (im a journeyman :( )cause i was wandering in the FAQ and i found something that there is just 9 kinds of grades but i have seen at least 15, by the way, any people can close-move-delete other people topics or only mods and ads can do it?

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #1
There are called User Titles, and there are only 9 as mentioned in the FAQ. On the other hand,what you are probably talking about are called Custom Titles, special/unique titles given by the adm (Drakey) to users who have contributed to the community in some type of way. and also, mods receive the title of Blademasters and adms of Triad Mage.

Edit: And to your other question, only mods and adms can do it.

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 18:54: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #2
oh well,they are user titles and there is a lot more like "a very important date" and "110b...(something) and "canned" etc

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
Hof course canned is what we all strive for.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
Canned is not like the other custom titles. It is given to people as a warning for constant spam/constant minor infractions of the CoC, and is one step away from being banned.

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 19:06: Message edited by: Sunset ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

a very important date
Arancaytar has that title.

quote:
110b...(something)
Thuryl has that title, and to be more precise, its '...b10010b...'.

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 19:30: Message edited by: Johnno ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

... to users who have contributed to the community in some type of way...
I think some people would be able to successfully debate that point. I do like the open interpretation of your words, meaning that even one post is a contribution, however banal.

*this message funded by contributions from our sponsors*
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
You get a special title by being a noteworthy member of the Spiderweb community. That can be in a good way, like by making scenarios, in a noteworthy way, like being a "personality," (i.e. being chummy with Drakey), or in a bad way. If it is a very specially bad way, you will be Canned or Banned.

—Alorael, who does not get a special title because his post titles are (so far) unique and Drakey likes it that way. Or so he says to console himself.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #8
Alorael does not get a special title because he is so very, very special that no special title could do him justice.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
We should hold an election to select a special title for Alorael, to be granted some time after the Pizzabella thing has grown old. This would not be binding on the adms, any more than the other recent elections were; but it would still be fun. Being even more inconsequential than the General modship, it might generate even more pointless bitterness. This would be even more fun.

I propose the candidate " ": a blank title to represent the inadequacy of any title. It's elegant and concise. It's the brashly over-the-top ne plus ultra in understatement: shibui to the max, and you gotta love that. Like poetry, it nothing affirmeth. It satisfies all constraints vacuously. It's a single-character koan. It's the custom title everyone wants, whether they realize it or not, but at most one member deserves it.

[ Saturday, October 01, 2005 05:30: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
For a custom title, I'll probably always go for "Mighty chicken god" or something like that, but that's probably just me.

--------------------
"remember, children, that chickens are your friends. you must only eat them when you've the appropriate oven and gardening supplies."- As said by Benjamin van Soldt himself.

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #11
The surest way to not get a custom title is to want one.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

The surest way to not get a custom title is to want one.
Even more so than saying something unsavoury about the practices a certain member's mother participates in? I ask only out of curiosity.

Besides, it seems to me that making it to Veteran is a good enough reason for a title these days... Drakey's really let himself go.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

Even more so than saying something unsavoury about the practices a certain member's mother participates in? I ask only out of curiosity.
Oh, that's a perfectly good way to get a custom title. It's just that it'll get you a custom title you don't want.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #14
:) Wow, new custom titles for SoT and Salmon. Congratulations!
It seems I missed a lot in my absence +_+

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #15
stuff :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :confused: :cool:

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

Oh, that's a perfectly good way to get a custom title. It's just that it'll get you a custom title you don't want.

Several members have already complained of getting titles they don't want after practicing acceptable and polite behavior. The real difference is that you won't be able to complain about it if you start bringing mothers into it.

—Alorael, who once again feels invulnerable. Drakey seems determined not to give him a title, which means even mothers and mangos are no danger.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #17
I think everybody with member numbers under 1,000, and still active, should get a custom title. That goes for the unfortunate people that had their original accounts eaten too. But then iz it that impotant?

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #18
I think that everybody should ask for a custom title. That way, Alorael WON'T be unique, since somebody (like a next generation Ben...) might theoretically reach a hundred billion posts, or whatever Alo's at right now.

This will lead to Alorael getting a custom title, and (hopefully) ticker tape parades, cheerleaders, and peace in the Middle East. (And maybe even some kind of unmeltable ice-cream.)

I'll start.

Drakefyre, I hereby ask you to grant me a custom title. Preferably something with the word "Fake" or "Helium" in it. It is to be funny, catchy, and a craze in Japan. Thanking you in advance, SupaNik.

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #19
How about "Fake Pojo Like Dancing Helium"?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

How about "Fake Pojo Like Dancing Helium"?
I don't see any problems with that. Lets see what the establishment thinks (not referring to *i).

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #21
There is another one for the Not-Getting-A-Custom-Title list.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Johnno:

There is another one for the Not-Getting-A-Custom-Title list.
'Cept I did it deliberately. And to make a point. And to eventually be the Alorael of tomorrow. Without the humour, wit...

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #23
Have fun trying, you're down by almost 9000 posts :P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

Have fun trying, you're down by almost 9000 posts :P
Sure, but Alorael is old, senile, and constantly under threat from Stuggie's ferrets. I, on the other hand, am young, good looking, and relatively safe from small rodents. At the moment. Plus, I have an amazing talent at writing worthless drivel. I've done it 700 or so times, and nobody noticed. :P

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.

Pages