Does anyone remember

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Does anyone remember
Apprentice
Member # 6265
Profile #0
Does anyone remember a game...its old....u start at the beginning of the game as a farmer and a man comes running and dies infront of u and u go off on your quest.....the demo ends at a locked tower right after exiting a tunnel/cript...in the cript u destroy a huge bat.
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #1
How old is the game? And you might want to give some deeper details.

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
I don't know the game, but that sounds like an intriguing concept. One could create a very interesting game just from this plot idea.

It could be used as a "Pearl Contest" challenge, if that contest is repeated. :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Apprentice
Member # 6265
Profile #3
more detail...lemmie see......the magic inf that game are books.......the healing potions look like test toobs and it is red.......depending on how much health u need thats how much of the potion goes away...if u only need half the potion then u get to keep the other half......and your inventory is by blocks....a potion takes up a block...other items might take up two blocks or three....u have to move the items around to have the maximum amount of space for other items.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
I believe that is Dungeon Siege. The demo ends once you reach the locked tower.

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Apprentice
Member # 6265
Profile #5
there we go...finally...yes!!! thanks a ton...i would say i love u but thats out of line....ive been looking for that game forever and no one knows what i'm talking about.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Dungeon Siege was released in 2002. That's old?

—Alorael, who must be playing games that are truly ancient. Well, okay. Angband can legitimately be called ancient, and 3 in Three is getting there. He didn't think Nethergate was quite "old" yet. More "aged" in a good way.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #7
I guess I should take my Atari to the museum, huh?

--------------------
Solberg- Who is a greater Archmage than me? Noone that's who.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
midget...ellipses... are...not...a... replacement...for... punctuation... :rolleyes:

The oldest game (by concept) I have yet played is likely to be Pacman. It was on a PC, however, and a very new actual implementation of the game. The oldest actual game would be either the first version of Exile 1 (including lousy graphics) or ADOM.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
The oldest game I've ever played is the original Pong. The oldest game on a computer I've ever played was Oregon Trail for the Apple IIe.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
The oldest I played was Dark Castle. its a lovely and beautiful game. it only works on an old 68k Macintosh. however, the game is really for better and nicer than you would think. Here is a site where you can read about it:

Dark Castle information and screenshots

(Note that this is a color remake of the game. The old was exactly the same, only in black in white).

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

midget...ellipses... are...not...a... replacement...for... punctuation... :rolleyes:
No... but if used well, they are okay. Even fun! I use ellipses a lot. You'll all probably be aware of that though...

Anyway ( :P ), the oldest game I played was probably ADOM too. I miss that game. I loved it at the time. The oldest (by concept) is maybe pong. The newest is GF3.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

No... but if used well, they are okay. Even fun! I use ellipses a lot. You'll all probably be aware of that though...

Yes... but you're not using them to such an extent. Writing thoughts as they come to you is one thing. A whole post written as a stream of consciousness is another, and far more annoying. ;)

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
But that doesn't even come close to as annoying as a computer screen that looks like this:
:P :rolleyes: ...

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #14
oldest game ive played was probably castlevania from 1970 somethin
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
That's an impressive feat! The first Castlevania was released in 1986.

—Alorael, who hasn't recently played anything older than 1985. Pong doesn't really count.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #16
1986? maybe i confused games or years i have a horrible memory

alls i remember about the game is it was text based and was black and white

[ Tuesday, September 13, 2005 16:56: Message edited by: ill_nino ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
Maybe you mean, I dunno, Adventure? :P
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Benny Boy:

Used in this way, an ellipsis carries a great deal of expression... :P

But actually, since an ellipsis is supposed to mark content that has been left out, it is incorrect to use it as a pause in a stream of consciousness. Maybe that's why it sounds so wrong.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

The oldest game I've ever played is the original Pong.
Yea, that hand held game is awesome. My friends dad owns that although I still haven't seen it be used. It sorta sits in his room as an antique.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

The oldest I played was Dark Castle. its a lovely and beautiful game. it only works on an old 68k Macintosh. however, the game is really for better and nicer than you would think. Here is a site where you can read about it:

Dark Castle information and screenshots

(Note that this is a color remake of the game. The old was exactly the same, only in black in white).

Sure, Dark Castle was nice but also very difficult. I think I managed to fix one orb or whatever it was you now was supposed to do. The only problem with the game was that it was designed to be used with <i>three hands</i> and that mostly caused trouble. Fortunately, you could customise the controls but there were still too many keys to keep track off.

Anyway, the oldest game I have played was "Castle Run" from 1978. Made in BASIC for IBM or Amstrad. Does anybody remember how huge, frail and clumsy those old 5-inch floppy disks were? Old floppies are so difficult to save. I have already lost 1/4 of all my old games for my AmstradPC1512! Fortunately, I got a bunch of back-ups.

Hmm... has anybody missed me? Hehehe!

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
Yes, I remember the truly floppy floppy disk well. The oldest game that I still have in its original form is Loom, which I first played from a floppy disk on an old IBM. The version I have now was on the newer hard floppy, but it's the same code. The same can't be said for Rogue and its derivatives.

—Alorael, who was somewhat surprised to find that Loom runs perfectly well in OS 9.2 and decently on OS 10.4, although the music gets progressively more out of sync with itself somehow.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #22
My god you people are old. The first time I played a computer game was around 1995 when my big brother deigned to let me have a try at whatever he was playing.

And isn't an ellipse this: ". . ." ? Rather than this: "..." ?

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 13:39: Message edited by: Not I ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
What on Earth is the difference? Some people prefer to write it with spaces...

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 13:41: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #24
An ellipse is an oval. An ellipsis is this: "…".

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages