Statistics Keep the Turtles Happy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Statistics Keep the Turtles Happy
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #25
Yippee, I'm the...

...54th?

God, I'm such a ridiculously slow poster.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #26
I posted sixty times since the previous time the forum statistics were shown? I expected an infinitesimal number.

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 07:08: Message edited by: Repellent ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #27
:eek:

Uh-oh. I know I have spammed quite a bit last month, but I didn't think it would be that bad. At least Thuryl shoud've beaten me.

Anyway, I must be slow to recognize that the forum was slowing down while my posting was not.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #28
33... Advanced 4 places since last time...

Howda 'eck did I get to be 14th in May? :confused:

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:53: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #29
Heh, how interesting. Merely posting ten times would shoot someone from 294th place all the way up to 90th. Not bad for fifteen minutes of work.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #30
Amazing, some people post in a month almost as much as me in a year!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #31
EDIT: I quoted my self instead of prssing the edit link. Sorry.

EDIT2: I didn't do it on purpose. Plus I had my mind on other things (i.e. testing the prototype game a friend of mine is making).

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:03: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
That's why. And also why you have a Canned title.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #33
#46? How did I manage that? :eek: I must owe it to the need to avoid sunlight I've been having since my friend bit me.....

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #34
I seem to be consistently in the 20's.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Three questions:

1. Why does everyone care so much about the statistics? Granted, everything generates discussion on Spiderweb, but this has stayed on topic for a while.

2. How long will it be before people start caring too much and beg Aran to falsify results?

3. How much will that cost?

—Alorael, who asks for purely academic purposes. He has no bribe money whatsoever.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #36
I usually don't pay attention to these monthly statistics, but took a look this time and was rather amazed to see my name coming in at #27. I expected to come in at maybe #284 or so. I had no idea I've been jabbering that much!

I seem to have a cycle around here. There's a long period of no activity beyond reading a few threads—this can go on for months—then there are other times when I seem to post, post, post; this can also go on for months. I guess this is one of those post, post, post times.

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by ArtNOW ArtWON ArtOWN:

Three questions:

1. Why does everyone care so much about the statistics? Granted, everything generates discussion on Spiderweb, but this has stayed on topic for a while.

2. How long will it be before people start caring too much and beg Aran to falsify results?

3. How much will that cost?

—Alorael, who asks for purely academic purposes. He has no bribe money whatsoever.

1. It is about them (them being the interested folks). There is little more interesting to an individual than anything concerning himself. The numbers also are a grading of their actions, and everyone loves to know how well they are doing.

Following this theory, I would expect that if someone did a statistic to rank people according to how much time they spend in the bathroom, that would be a popular topic as well.

2. and 3.
I am interested in those answers as well. I could use some extra income. :P Or perhaps make those statistics pay-per-view? ^_^

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #38
Wow, I am so surprised to be #26 on the list. Not only was I on vacation, but I really thought that I posted way less. I guess the forum has been quite slow the past month. I mean, the person on first place has almost always manage to get more than 400 posts, while this month Ben was in first place with only 281 posts.

I congratulate all of you in the list. I mean, With four more post Ben would've manage to post in a month the same amount of posts I've done in four. Btw, I've been here for 4 months??? WOW, cannot believe it.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #39
That's something for you to be proud of, Marlenny, not Ben. Aran, what have you done...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #40
I am pleased to have not appeared on the infamous ten list. I can understand Drakey and Alorael on it, because they spam like crazy :P , but for the rest of us it seems to be expended effort to remain off the list.

I think I hit the lull side in my posting, as work and fishing seem to occupy much of my days, and it is difficult to keep up with some of the threads as they wander around.

And of course, congrats to Ben for the double this month. #1 spammer and you reached 2k. It almost looks like a pattern.

*this message sponsored by 1993 and 1994*
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #41
#87, with ten posts... hmmm. I wonder if anyone else would find it funny if I went on a spree and aimed for 1000 posts in a month? :P

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #42
I highly doubt I will stay in the top 10 next month, as I will be going to Queensland for 14 days on the 9th. I might be able to get one the computer a couple of times up there, but I doubt I will.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #43
My goal is be at least #19. I'm not sure if I want to aim for the the top 10 or not. Hmmmm....

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
In order to reaffirm my initial purpose, perhaps I should rename the "Top Ten" into "Hall of Shame"? Or wouldn't that help?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by For Tomorrow Is Always A New Day:

#87, with ten posts... hmmm. I wonder if anyone else would find it funny if I went on a spree and aimed for 1000 posts in a month? :P
It should be to try to get as many posts as possible while still avoiding canning. Hope you have some good new topics in mind.

Why do we like statistics? Because it shows us how far behind everyone else we are and how much more we should be posting to get up to pace. (Well, this month I'm not really the ideal spokesperson for that point of view, but anyway.)

Also, the lure of all that information and seeing who posted how much lately and just an untimate quest for knowledge.

However, I insist upon keeping all the statistics free. I also insist on the constant free upgrading of the stats program to include more features. MORE!!! :P

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #46
I have a few, but most are for contemplation when I'm less shatteringly tired. After all, I don't think it would be fun for a second round of that. I'm not even intending to spam. Merely to post alot, hopefully, with much relevant information and discussion.

The problem is that whatever you call a leaderboard, it's always going to be a leaderboard, so people are always going to try and be on it. Even if it's the top ten axe murderers.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
I have a confession to make.

I, Alorael, have been making posts in Galactic Core and deleting them immediately. Many times. Many, many times! My post count is the Enron of Spiderweb. If you bought stock in it, you've lost out.

To all those who have counted on my posting insightfully, entertainingly, or even insipidly, I'm sorry. To those who think Drakey should have the highest post count he's earned, I'm sorry. To those who blame me for the current crisis in Nigeria, I'm not really responsible, but I'm sorry.

To everyone else, I don't care.

—Alorael, who can't really explain this post. It would be spam if it were a few lines longer, but it's far too long for easy spam. The only category left is drivel, which this must be. Oh well.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #48
I guess the temptation was just too great...

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Drakey hadn't done that, before. Christ, I'm pretty sure that most people, if they really cared about post count and were in the position to do so, probably would. :P

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #49
*Looks at Alo's last 50 posts. Sees none from GC. Is hesitant to believe Alo.*

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages