Drakel and Eraserhead

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Drakel and Eraserhead
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

This is a 10-day ban if he adheres to it.
I believe that that largely suffices. Although he offended me as well a few times, his behaviour never disturbed me enough for me to want him banished.

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 08:31: Message edited by: Detestable ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #26
Well, it would have a lot to do with all the fairly constant borderline stuff he posts as well as his willingness to troll.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #27
Yet spammers roam free.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #28
I think we should keep about five or six people like Drakel and Eraserhead around at all times, just so we can belittle them. Eventually, they'd understand that we're mocking them and just leave, to never troll again.

Of course, we'd have to block images from them, but the extra programming hopefully would be worth the laughs.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
Between spam and spam that also contains profanity and insults, guess which one gets punished?

TM was warned that he would be banned if he continued to treat RWG as he did. He continued anyway. He was banned. He really has no cause for complaint, although that has never stopped anyone from complaining before.

—Alorael, who would like to point out that by precedent, this makes a whole lot more sense than banning someone for citing the dictionary definition of an inoffensive word. Granted, that's not a precedent worth having, but it exists.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
It does strike me, though, that he's been guilty of quite a lot "worse" in the past. It's not as though he's been acting out in any particular fashion in recent times. Why ban him now after letting him do his thing for so long? It seems inconsistent to me.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #31
TM...banned...wow. I knew it was coming, and will most likely happen again.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
There's an expression: "The straw that broke the camel's back." I believe it applies here.

—Alorael, who would guess that it's more significant that TM ignored an explicit warning than that he acted up. As others have remarked, TM has never not acted up.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #33
I personally found TM amusing and he was comic relief, something that is good to have on these boards. Even Erasorhead, and dare I say it, Drakel were at least a slight distraction and provided some amusement.

This is of course ignoring the images which I now refused to believe exist and I don't want to dig deep in my memory because no-one wants to see that.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I personally found TM amusing and he was comic relief, something that is good to have on these boards. Even Erasorhead, and dare I say it, Drakel were at least a slight distraction and provided some amusement.

This is of course ignoring the images which I now refused to believe exist and I don't want to dig deep in my memory because no-one wants to see that.

"Comic relief" is denigrating. I think TM is somewhat of a lonely genius: Doomed to be unable to get anyone here to understand his ideas, he holds most of the rest of the board in contempt and takes refuge from its stupidity by producing BoE/BoA scenarios with deep philosophical messages that no one beside himself gets. Who should wonder why he is a little grumbly on occasion?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #35
:( WAAAHHHH!!! :(

I weep for the demise of the object of my esteem. I have been gone too long. But I have brought back a quote just for you. My love and prayers span time and space to encompass you in your absense.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #36
Perhaps TM tried hard years ago to get people to understand his ideas, and became disgruntled only after prolonged failure. In my short time here, though, I haven't noticed him trying very hard to explain himself. If he would, I for one would be quite prepared to give him a lot more respect.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #37
His scenarios keep getting better and better. He's also one of the very few who give time and thought to really good and innovative graphic design.

edit: I haven't played Mad Ambition. But I hear that it is one of the best, if not the best scenario that's out so far.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 08:02: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #38
Yeah, I've got to agree that TM has always sounded a little angry... and though Mad Ambition is infinitely better than RoR, it's still got that angry, preachy feeling to it. I sense a lot of unresolved anger issues...

Hopefully, he'll cool off a bit eventually...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 6052
Profile Homepage #39
Yes I can spell three letter words. Congrats to me. All this attention is so gratifying though, so thank you all, especially the person who said lets keep people around like me and drakel around 'belittle' us for laughs.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:23: Message edited by: Rubberskull ]

--------------------
Boobies
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #40
So you are EraserHead.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #41
Yeah, not feeding the trolls is an idea.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #42
Heh, Erasorhead/Drakel(/TM?) is quite persistant. One of those 3. Or possibly 2 if Drakel and Erasorhead are one and the same. Whats the chances they'll just show up again and post. Did their IP not get banned then or something?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Perhaps TM tried hard years ago to get people to understand his ideas, and became disgruntled only after prolonged failure. In my short time here, though, I haven't noticed him trying very hard to explain himself. If he would, I for one would be quite prepared to give him a lot more respect.
I started replying here (to Aran as well), but ended up deleting it as it was turning into a rather ugly rant againt TM and all things pertaining to him.

We have tried repeatedly to get him to explain himself clearly... to no avail. Apparently, he honestly doesn't understand that what he means when he says something isn't blindingly obvious to everybody.

My personal opinion of the supposed deepness of TM's scenarios is very low. In his occasional forays into the world of coherency, I haven't seen him put together a story that stands up to logical scrutiny (or even a casual glance). His stories and characters are the same as back in the days of Unbalanced Accounts and Echoes, it's just that everything else has stopped sucking.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
Ah, see, but we can never really know if it's because his ideas are shallow or he can't explain them to us properly. When in doubt, I always assume the best of people.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 01:54: Message edited by: Vote Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #45
He did tell me once that he deliberately makes things hard to understand. Draw your own conclusions.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #46
I do wish he would make himself more accessible at times. But he's nowhere near as venomous as some seem to think. And his scenarios have depth and are genuinely interesting, if not always completely comprehensible.

And, as to Alo's camel analogy, that damn camel would have died a thousand times over before now if TM spamming up RWG was enough to break its sorry back. :P

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #47
I haven't played his scenarios for years and even then I skipped most of them. I would say this, however. Being unnecessarily verbose is not the same as being the next Goethe.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

He did tell me once that he deliberately makes things hard to understand. Draw your own conclusions.
Actually, he's said this to me as well. "Purposeful obfuscation" I think he calls it.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #49
What part of "It was not the RWG spam" do you not understand?

It was repeated obscenities in posts (he likes to slip them in a lot in more 'intellectual' threads) after repeated warnings.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages