What are you addicted to?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What are you addicted to?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #50
Yeah, the Dutch have versions of those horrible salty-sour balls too. I tried one once, and it was by no means less abominable than it sounds.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:57: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #51
Hidrogen dioxide, dihidrogen monoxide, close enough, at least for here. You knew what I meant and that's what counts. I hate it when I can't check these boards. At the rate they move you miss too much in even a day.

Edit: After rereading those last few sentances, I figure I should probably add these boards to my list of addictions.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 13:34: Message edited by: EviL_TiM ]

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #52
If you were truly addicted to these boards, you'd be checking them so often that you'd think they move too slowly. (Only 5 new posts since the last time I've been here?) :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

If you were truly addicted to these boards, you'd be checking them so often that you'd think they move too slowly. (Only 5 new posts since the last time I've been here?) :)
That's actually what happens when I can check the board at my preferred rate. Yesterday I was unable to check the boards.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #54
The average is still near 85 posts a day for General alone. So while it is not a pleasant feeling to be addicted to a board, you may be relieved you are not alone. :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #55
Being addicted to these boards means feeling really bad if you have to miss a day for one thing or another. Even though I only check the boards once a day, it's still a top priority as far as my computer turn goes.

I still manage quite a few posts, though, if you've ever noticed. :P I post on many of the topics other people would consider to "spammy" *cough*Drakel*cough*. :D

Needless to say, I am confident I will be ranked quite a bit higher in Aran's monthly post report coming up in about a week. Hopefully not too high though. It usually means overspam, except in the case of Thuryl, in which it means overrevealing of confidential but neverending knowledge. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #56
I rank between 2-3, and it feels like I am here that much. There are however several topics I don't post in, nor do I post constant inane spam.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #57
Any addiction to spiderweb I have is probably minor, as missing a day merely made me feel annoyed. Oh, and 2-3 what, posts a day, or visits a day?
Edit: Now that I think about it, posts a day doesn't make sense with your post number and registration date.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 15:44: Message edited by: EviL_TiM ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #58
Second or third on the list of most rapid posters.

Wow, your post count has really soared, now that I notice, Dolphin. Just about tomorrow I'll be congratulating you on reaching 1000. :eek:

Oh, yeah, speaking of posts, I noticed that my post count has crawled past the number of member that have joined since me. Not many people can say that. I'm quite proud. :)

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 15:52: Message edited by: BF7 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by EviL_TiM:

Any addiction to spiderweb I have is probably minor, as missing a day merely made me feel annoyed. Oh, and 2-3 what, posts a day, or visits a day?
Edit: Now that I think about it, posts a day doesn't make sense with your post number and registration date.

2-3 on the list of biggest spammers, as my post average is between 15 and 20 day on a good day. If I have little too say I post as little as nine or so a day.

Edit: Same time.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 15:51: Message edited by: Azul ]

--------------------
Nena
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Azul:

I rank between 2-3, and it feels like I am here that much. There are however several topics I don't post in, nor do I post constant inane spam.
I have to congratulate you. You registered on January 2005, and already have 940 posts and most of your posts are far from being spam. Something that is rarely seen.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #61
Posts that are not spam are rarely seen, or so it seems at times. Yes, I am a curmudgeon.

—Alorael, who is not at all addicted to these boards. His post count is an unfortunate accident.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #62
I have to admit I'm rather addicted to the boards myself. If my job wasn't such a drag, the story would likely be different, though. As it stands currently, I almost never post on the weekends or in the evenings, when my time is my own. :)

EDIT: <sips on Diet Coke with Splenda while posting this at 9:19 a.m.> :D

EDIT 2: Holy Cow. I just tried the new Coke Zero. I don't know quite how they've done it, but it actually tastes almost exactly like my cherished Coca-Cola Classic. It looks like I'll be leaving DCw/Splenda in the lurch from now on - I've found a new love!

IMAGE(http://fitnessnews.org/wp-content/cocacolazero.jpg)

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 07:43: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #63
Alorael is almost as addicted to these boards than skribbane itself. His post count is an "unfortunate" consequence. Since he's much older than us, he actually has all the time in the world to post, however, or so it seems.

I fail to believe that a pop can have 0 calories. What is it? Flavored carbonated water? Oh yeah. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #64
I am addicted to my post-count of 1,300. Which is low for my member number.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #65
Since I ate it yesterday, strawberry ice cream.

--------------------
Nena
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #66
AC/DC, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2, and most of all, food in general (if I don't eat like every hour or so, I start get uncomfortable), psipog.

Not addicted to (ie: refuses to use): new Rock bands, diet foods, sports games, Skribbane

[ Friday, June 10, 2005 21:02: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #67
IMAGE(http://www.nihon-fr.com/musique/images/sorties/TOCT-24942.jpg)

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #68
I'm addicted to TM. Isn't it cute how he pushes past the boundaries to see how much he can really get away with? It's a stage in life that usually starts at two and ends at the age of reasoning. :P

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #69
He posted an inoffensive picture. Where's the problem?

Besides, there is no such thing as the age of rationality on the internet, because the consequences for actions are negligible.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #70
He never did post offensive pictures. But just posting a picture with no rhyme or reason (or explanation) is another act of image spam in my eyes. I can see no connected meaning to this thread with an empty teacup.

EDIT: Unless, of course, if TM is addicted to collecting teacups. In which case I would retract my statement and love him all the more.

Edit again:
quote:
Besides, there is no such thing as the age of rationality on the internet, because the consequences for actions are negligible.
So says the 'Voice of Reasonable Morality.'

[ Saturday, June 11, 2005 06:14: Message edited by: Jewels of the Forest ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #71
TM's last image is a Japanese album cover. I haven't the slightest idea what this music is like; I just googled the .jpg file name. Deliberate obscurity isn't spam to me, though it may be indistinguishable from it at first glance. Deliberate obscurity is half the fun of a thread like this. Ya gotta have faith.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #72
If you remove everything from the link after the .com, it will take you to a website, which I'm assuming too be Japanese. I can easily think of one or two Japanese addictions that TM has. The image above isn't image spam at all.

[ Saturday, June 11, 2005 09:02: Message edited by: Azul ]

--------------------
Nena
Apprentice
Member # 5881
Profile #73
Addiction: education,games,tea,manga/anime/comics,and umm... confusing people about what I am talking about.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by Jewels of the Forest:

So says the 'Voice of Reasonable Morality.'
Have you ever read the stuff he has there? If 10 Reasons to Shoot a Child doesn't prove that the Internet carries no consequences, I don't know what does.

[ Saturday, June 11, 2005 17:40: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages