Summer jobs anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Summer jobs anyone?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
What's your job this summer, or, more generally, what's your job, non-school?

I'm currently doing construction with my dad.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #1
None, thank God. Last Summer, I worked at a Quizno's, and that, for lack of a better term, sucked.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
I am or will be a full time student. My mom's rule is go to school or get a job, so I don't have to get a job right now.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
My parents are making me get a job for the summer, as well.

A friend suggested I get a job at the local mall, but doing what?

Gamestop just bought out EBGames, so maybe I can hit up a job there.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
I'm going to Dom. Rep. for summer vacation. Sadly, I'll be back to my Customer Service work on the fall.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
I continue to be a legal assistant full time, though I'll be going back to school in the fall. Yeehaw!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #6
I'm currently trying to balance summer school and doing maintenance jobs on a landlady's home.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I'm teaching SAT prep for The Princeton Review, which I do a little during the school year and substantially more in the summer. I'm also hoping that I'll get around to working on my Latin and Greek, but I haven't done much of anything yet.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
I'll screw around all summer pretending to work, but no one ever checks up on me, so it's cool if I just work in the garden or go fishing. Gonna remodel my house too, so that will take away from any potential I had for being remotely interested in working.
On the other hand I need the paycheck to pay for that other fun stuff, so I guess another summer will fly by with me wishing I could be having fun instead of work. Of course, on the other hand, since I have three hands, my job rocks and I regularly work at home so I could be gardening and "thinking about work stuff" at the same time. Actually, that sounds much more interesting than working and "thinking about gardening stuff."
So that's what I'll do this summer. Except in July, when I definitely will be salmon fishing in the Pac Ocean. :D
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
Still full-time student/programming apprentice, and will probably continue to be so for another two years. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #10
It's winter for me, and I will continue doing the same job I do all the time.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #11
I'm not old enough to get a job this winter, but I will be during the summer over Christmas. It seems I've got a spot at Burger King with my name on it, but I think I'll aim a little higher for my first job.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Thurylandon:

I'm also hoping that I'll get around to working on my Latin and Greek, but I haven't done much of anything yet.
Done the Aeneid yet? It's a pretty fun time, not too rough, but you'll still manage to learn a lot. Gotsta love the Augustian propaganda!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
Just don't double-post it here again.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
That was a pretty breathtaking thread though - a true piece of work. :D
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
I read a bunch of the Aeneid for class last semester. My plan was to read Book 6 and maybe some of... uh... something from the second half this summer. And probably some Cicero.

And for Greek, I'm probably going to try to read part of Plato's Apology.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #16
Cicero is good fun - the Catalinian conspiracy is a classic (no pun intended). O tempora! O mores! The righteous indignation is thick. :)

Other fun (though a bit tricky) Latin stuff is Suetonius' account of Caligula. Avoid Caesar like the plague - it's pretty dull. I didn't mind Livy so much.

I cut my Platonic Greek teeth on Crito. The Apology is probably more fun though. If you're a masochist, you could always go for Thucydides. Very tough, from what I recollect, but worth it for Pericles' funeral oration. If you're tired of the optative mood, you can always go Greek NT.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 07:41: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
I sort of remember liking Caesar a bit. The military history was pretty cool, straight from the horse's mouth. You had to try to remember that it was all spin for the Senate, but it was hard to because it all seemed so straightforward and matter-of-fact. Which was either good writing or good spin, or both.

By now that's all faded away almost totally, alas; I can barely recall the odd line.

I don't want the whole Aeneid, but I'd actually really like the opening dozen lines or so, if anyone can provide them. I always wanted to memorize them but never really got around to it.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
I suggest the Perseus online text.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #19
Lordo, don't make me think about summer jobs, I have enough to do this summer...

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #20
I going to try to finish a good book I started - The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene. Anyone else read that one? I think it's better than Greek and Latin or whatever, but imho, I guess, so go for it, Kel!

Other than that, I'd rather not go without a summer job, even though I have a choice. Money! @_@

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
I had my first day of summer classes on Tuesday. Ugh, Physics. Apparently it'll be my last bit of school for a while, though, seeing as I've managed not to meet my probational GPA and will be forced to stay out of college for at least a semester. :( Currently, plans are in the making for working full time in Champaign during the next school year, so as to still live in the house me and a bunch of pals signed the lease for last fall.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 5881
Profile #22
This month on the 27th, I go back to summer classes in college. Going to do two classes: Intro. To Computer(which is pathetic for me),and Networking I. Can't wait to get out of college. lol
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #23
For me school begins on the 20th of this month, and I am eager to start :)

I'll be taking Psychology (and maybe Astronomy) in the summer and Anatomy and Anthropology in the fall.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 12:41: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #24
Save your money and don't take anthro, unless it's very archaeology-oriented. Otherwise, it may as well be called subjective-ology, because there's no way culture can truly be objectively analyzed.

Attempting to understand other cultures is not without merit; pretending that the process is a science is.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 12:59: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]

Pages