Awfully Quiet

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Awfully Quiet
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Is it just me or are the boards awfully quiet? They're meant to get noisier in the weekend, not quieter!

P.S. And if anyone says that I'm spamming... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

P.P.S. Have a nice weekend :D

EDIT: CURRENT PEOPLE HERE:

Spiderweb Software Boards Recent Visitors: 13
Archmagi Micael, Princess Ruth, and 11 wanderer(s)

EDIT 2: 5 minutes later, one of the wanderers vanishes, and becomes a new member! CONGRATS! WELOCOME TO SPIDWEB BOARDS darkhero!

- Archmagi Micael , who thinks that adopting Alo's thing might actually be fun. Oh, and welcome darkhero. I wonder if you'll be another invible newbie, or actually post.

[ Sunday, May 22, 2005 03:40: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #1
quote:
- Archmagi Micael , who thinks that adopting Alo's thing might actually be fun. Oh, and welcome darkhero. I wonder if you'll be another invible newbie, or actually post.

IMAGE(http://www.crosshair.cc/217/images/motif01.jpg)

Your life is numbered in seconds, boy.

[ Sunday, May 22, 2005 04:52: Message edited by: PoD person ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #2
Personally, I would never even want to be on a forum 24/7.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
People just leave the page open. They aren't really always here.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
It's not the silence on here that gets me. Rather, out of the posts that are published, it is the currently huge percentage of crap. Frankly, if some of the crap got cut, I wouldn't care if it had to get quieter for that.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #5
It is not that quiet. It is the quiet before the stormy storm. There are two contests that are coming up. One for Blades of Avernum and another for Blades of Exile. I think the Blades of Avernum contest has room for ten prizes. With no contestants entered as far as I know, if you get your scenario in, you may win a prize just for entering.

So please get your scenarios ready for testing. After looking at scenarios in development there are three that should be coming out this weekend-- Undead Valley, Mad Ambition, and Magi. It looks like there is some fiddling going on.

The Blades of Exile contest is going to possibly be the last contest for Blades of Exile. So, it should be interesting.

There are numerous people who are fiddling trying to get their scenarios going Supanik, Dahak, and a few others claim to be almost done with scenarios... Please get them out for testing, untested scenarios in contests don't do as well.

I think this evening we might see a few things coming out.

Also, it is almost summertime-- Geneforge 3 for windows I think is also being betatested.

Another thing to consider is that people are all on different time clocks being from all over the world. Posting occurs very early in the morning and in the evening. Not a lot of mid day posting.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:

Is it just me or are the boards awfully quiet? They're meant to get noisier in the weekend, not quieter!

... I suppose everybody is beta-testing Undead Valley now :)

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #7
Yeah. I got Version 9.4 to send you!

It's slowly plodding along. I'm not on here 24/7, it's just as Dolphin said, I leave the page open while browsing other sites (and making UV).

- Archmagi Micael, who really wonders if Alo even cares he's doing this.

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
He does. Unless he decided that he doesn't anymore, which is unlikely. You'll find out soon...

The boards have been known to routinely catch a stretch of rapid posting and a bunch of new topics, but then routinely go back to normal. That doesn't mean they're slowing down. This isn't the first topic like this, either.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #9
The most recent one being like this is the one that Frozen Feet made, is it not? I can't think of the name, however.

EDIT: 555...

[ Sunday, May 22, 2005 22:50: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
quote:

- Archmagi Micael[/i], who really wonders if Alo even cares he's doing this.
You know, there is an accepted way of doing the fabled Alorael signiture, and you, my friend, are doing it wrong.

quote:
Originally written by 405:
Moniker Not Allowed:
It's not the silence on here that gets me. Rather, out of the posts that are published, it is the currently huge percentage of crap. Frankly, if some of the crap got cut, I wouldn't care if it had to get quieter for that
Yeah, what is it with the newbies, and others, posting continuous crap? What with the constant barrage of mangos, kids falling out, and a thread about Coffee and Tea, sanity in Spiderweb Software has never been thinner on the ground.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
The crap is what makes it all fun. I mean, who wants a message board where all you can do is serious discussion? Would you just like to talk about politics, religion, and environmental problems all the time? It would get boring after a while.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

The crap is what makes it all fun. I mean, who wants a message board where all you can do is serious discussion? Would you just like to talk about politics, religion, and environmental problems all the time? It would get boring after a while.
You can talk about less serious topics without saying things that have no reason to be said.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #13
The shortage of people is probably due to nearing summer. Schools are letting off all over right around this time. It's sunny and warm out. A lot of the younger members are probably going on family vacations.
My guess is mid summer will bring back a lot of absent members.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #14
Summer???!! HA Its bloody freezing here :P

You forgot about me, :( i was here most of the weekend but Australia's weekend is a day different to USA. It's only 7.30pm on Wed here

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by dreamqueen:

You forgot about me, :( i was here most of the weekend but Australia's weekend is a day different to USA. It's only 7.30pm on Wed here

I'm in England, not in America!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by dreamqueen:

Why, what days are weekend to you? Or are you just referring to the 12 hour time****?

Edit: I meant timeshift, of course. This is too funny to edit out.

[ Wednesday, May 25, 2005 03:25: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #17
It's interesting to note that seasons are opposite in Australia than what they are in America.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
Though I would consider that common knowledge, it is, nonetheless, interesting.

[ Wednesday, May 25, 2005 15:12: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #19
yep when we have summer USA has winter. Just out of curiosity what season is it in Merry old England?

Oh btw at present its 9.15pm at night here may 26th for anyone interested in working out the time difference.... i just could not be bothered :P

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

[quote=Archmagi Micael]
[qb] - Archmagi Micael[/i], who really wonders if Alo even cares he's doing this.

You know, there is an accepted way of doing the fabled Alorael signiture, and you, my friend, are doing it wrong.
[/quote]There is
:eek: !

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #21
It's just about summer, here, too. It's to do with the hemispheres, rather than anything else.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
Yeah, you see, at the equator it's, like, summer all year round and it rarely ever gets cold enough to freeze anything unless your on top of a high mountain. And the northern hemisphere has the opposite season as the southern hemisphere to varying degrees the further you get from the equator and of course at the poles it's, like, winter all year round and you can go months and months without ever seeing the sun. I learned me good in school 'ya know...

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

quote:

- Archmagi Micael[/i], who really wonders if Alo even cares he's doing this.

quote:
Originally written by 405:
Moniker Not Allowed:
It's not the silence on here that gets me. Rather, out of the posts that are published, it is the currently huge percentage of crap. Frankly, if some of the crap got cut, I wouldn't care if it had to get quieter for that
Yeah, what is it with the newbies, and others, posting continuous crap? What with the constant barrage of mangos, kids falling out, and a thread about Coffee and Tea, sanity in Spiderweb Software has never been thinner on the ground.

Well being a newbie myself i do admit that i have been posting "continous crap". Nevertheless, i think that at least it keeps us (the newbies) posting and active on the site. Besides, its not really hurting anybody. Though i agree that the whole tea or coffee thing was kinda boring.
Apprentice
Member # 5849
Profile #24
Over here, in this remote town (not city) we're having summer and its about 100 degrees right now.
(ummmm... insert graemlin on fire here)

--------------------
And you see...
with everlasting love...
and gratefulness to last an eternity...
that somebody...
set up us the bomb.

Pages