Capitalism ho!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Capitalism ho!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
What is your total savings worth. I thought it would be interesting to see the spread of spiderweb members. Please be honest.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 20:45: Message edited by: VCH ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 40 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=oKhEPXjOQYpT"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=oKhEPXjOQYpT"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
I put my personal savings rather than my family's, and being that I am a 21-year-old student it's not all that much.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 20:53: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Same here. The spread is really badly done. I'd be very surprised if anyone has more than 600,000. Most are either college students or highschool students, and they'll have something in the range 0-10,000 if we want to be broad.

Perhaps a more logarithmic scale would be better. You know. 0-100, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-2500, 2500-5000, 5000-10000, 10000-50000, 50,000-100,000, +100,000.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
I was thinking about a smaller scale. But its too late now. Feel free to make another more comprehensive one. Oh, and some people in college have quite a lot of money.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #4
I am terribly lazy, I've neve applied for a job in my life and my job pays below the legal rate.

So all in all, it's pretty impressive that I have $30,000+.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
$28 and a dream, my friend. $28 and a dream.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #6
Ash: Below the legal rate? Is that legal? Why do you let this happen?

Custer: Eh? Is this a saying?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
$8.42c. Not much, I know.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #8
quote:
Most are either college students or highschool students, and they'll have something in the range 0-10,000 if we want to be broad.
quote:
Oh, and some people in college have quite a lot of money.
$10,000? No one I know in college has that much money! Less by a factor of 10 at least! In fact, I believe most of us actually have less than no money.

quote:
Ash: Below the legal rate? Is that legal?
Uhm... I think by definition it's not...

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #9
I am in high school and I could never get anything over 10,000$ unless I went and became a prostitutor which I would never do. I don't know how much I got in the bank but I think my parents have putted 300$ in it that I can use when I am finally 18. In my little cash box I think I have 80$ or something, I am not sure since I went and shopped up 50$ yesterday.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #10
I have savings worth of 125.67 ?. Whee, I'm rich :D !

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by cfgauss:

Uhm... I think by definition it's not...
It was a joke :rolleyes:

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #12
quote:
It was a joke :rolleyes:
I hope so.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 22:33: Message edited by: cfgauss ]

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #13
What?

--------------------

E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by An Upright stranger:

Ash: Below the legal rate? Is that legal? Why do you let this happen?
Officially, I'm employed at minimum wage for a certain number of hours (not sure how many, but not many), and the rest of my time is volunteer work. In practice, I'm working about 50 hours a week for less than you'd get working part time at McDonalds.

I let this happen because I absolutely love my job. :)

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 23:23: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
Really? What job is that?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
Radio personality.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #17
I'm either the Program Director, Music Director, or Operations Manager, or possibly a combination of the three. I'm not really sure. Either way, being a 'personality' is only part of what my job is. I'm very close to the end of a 13 hour work day at the moment, and only 4 of those hours were on air.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Media magnate, then.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #19
This is pretty meaningless if you don't count debt. I have none, but I bet that most have more debt than the savings they have listed. Plus, even if they have money, if they have no rent (a house) , many could come out ahead of the 200,000-300,000 in real terms.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #20
Several college students I know actually have quite a bit of money saved up. It really depends on the school you attend. While I'm racking up debt up to my eyeballs, most of the other students have parents who can afford to pay for their schooling. So they don't have to spend a dime of their own savings.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #21
I have a fair amount of savings currently, but I'm gearing up for it to be syphoned away into law school, along with about a zillion dollars in loans. Yeehaw!
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #22
$300 in my savings account... all other funds come and go pretty quickly.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
Ínteresting. It appears that about two thirds of us are in the lower range, then a big gap, and then the rest. Distribution of wealth, eh? ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #24
You have to remember the type that play the game, too.

First there's people who are still in school and if they have a job it's for spending cash.

Next there are people who are out of school but haven't quite gotten out of the 'job for spending cash' rut.

Then there's a big jump where people realize that if they want to make money they have to spend their time doing more productive things then play computer games or replying to forums.

And on the other end of the spectrum there's people who have lived their lives, saved their money, and now have pleanty of time on their hands to play games with. (This group is small though)

A few scragglers may not fit but these are the basics.

I'm right on the edge of the second and third category, actually I've already made the realization, I just haven't changed my behavior because of it.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive

Pages