Capitalism ho!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Capitalism ho!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #25
Actually, the big thing is to learn to live below your means so you can save, and DON'T DON'T DON'T get into credit card debt at all. I've learned this the hard way, and finally dug myself out of debt. I owe much of this turn around to encouragement from my fiancee, who has helped me become a very cheap person! :)

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 06:52: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #26
"'Tain't earning now, it's saving does it, you may lay to that." -- Long John Silver

And he was in a high-risk, high-margin industry!

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #27
It is a far better idea to get a loan and deposit it if you need extra money than to get a credit card; the interest rates are about 10-15% better.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #28
Most importantly, money shouldn't be borrowed for purposes of mere consumption. A college education, a house (an investment), or a car (for transportation to work, say) are justifiable reasons to accrue debt; a new computer to play games, unfortunately, is not.

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 08:31: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #29
And I am 14, so my savings are worth $65. Enough to get 1 minute of college.

--------------------
Most Important Questions:
Why does one sock go missing?
What is the purpose of meaning?
What is the purpose of girls?
What happened to the other one?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #30
IMAGE(http://i.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/news/041220/mstewart.jpg)

Capitalist ho.

As a side note, if anything, what capitalism exactly does not encourage is savings.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #31
Lol yeah I now. But lets not define what Capitalism is. I just used it as a snappy title. I want to now who has 200-300,000. They either lied or are quite a bit older. I guess I'm lucky having a family business which I could work at from a very young age. It pays only 10 dollars an hour and I only work there in the summer. But I've managed to accumulate 45,000. Being that I'm 19 and this was my first year of college I'm sure it will begin to decrease.

Are there any stock market players here? I mainly use GIC's for investment. Still really pitiful rates of interest 3% or lower. I've heard that like 15 years ago interest rates in basic savings accounts were close to 11%. Now that's return.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #32
My private stockpile is not large and not enough for college. Not that I have to worry yet; I'm only a freshman. A few summer jobs and a few scholarship ougtta do the trick (or most of it anyway).

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #33
I have just enough savings to pay for my second year of university.

7500 CAD is a painfully hefty fee.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

...quite a bit older.
Who is the oldest person on SpidWeb, other than Jeff and Marian? I would be one of the youngest (13 and about 4 months)

On topic: I'm not what you would call a stock market player but I do have shares. Shares in my dad's work, and some shares in Coles Myer, which is big in the stock market over here. I'm not allowed to even touch them 'till I'm 18.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

Who is the oldest person on SpidWeb, other than Jeff and Marian? I would be one of the youngest (13 and about 4 months)
Alorael is at an undisclosed age somewhere between 50 and 70. I believe he is older than ef, but I am not quite sure.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #36
You really shouldn't mislead the newbie, you know.

Alorael's exactly 54 years old, and he has been for the past two years.

In all seriousness, though, there are at least a couple of people frequenting these forums who we know to be over 60.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

You really shouldn't mislead the newbie, you know.

Alorael's exactly 54 years old, and he has been for the past two years.

In all seriousness, though, there are at least a couple of people frequenting these forums who we know to be over 60.

I would have mentioned the age of 54 if I did not know about the "two years" bit. Being that I'm a gullible sort of person, I believe him when he says he's over fifty, and that's why I mentioned an "undisclosed age". And beyond ef, who I'm not sure is over 60, I don't know whom you mean.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #38
I believe Ahbleza and My Quasimodo are both getting on in years.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #39
I'm really old, in July I'll be 21! I can't believe how unbelievably old that is! :P I really need to get working on that immortality potion...

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #40
I am one of the youngest who actually post. There are probably 10 years olds who have registered. Anyway, I am 13 and 3 months, 13 days. Jeez, 3 is a popular number.

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

I am one of the youngest who actually post. There are probably 10 years olds who have registered. Anyway, I am 13 and 3 months, 13 days. Jeez, 3 is a popular number.
I don't know of anyone currently younger, though some have joined at a younger age. I think Rosycat arrived here at 12, and Zephyr at 11. Order Mage too, roundabouts.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by 403:
MONIKER FORBIDDEN:
Alorael is at an undisclosed age somewhere between 50 and 70. I believe he is older than ef, but I am not quite sure.
I think it's safe to assume that Alorael is older than time itself. How else do you explain the amazing wit, the sparkling personality, and the way in which people endlessly suck up to him?

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #43
Hawk King is most likely about 12 - 13. His grammar suggests that.

--------------------

Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #44
There are way too many kids in here... Now I feel old, and I don't even turn 19 for a couple months! >_<

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #45
i have 'bout $200 in my wallet and none in the bank
it is kind of hard for an 8th grader to find employment

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
ALO, HOW OLD R U?!!??!1!??//?? Had to do it. ;)

I'm still younger, but am aging very rapidly. I just turned 15 a couple of weeks ago.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #47
50-60 I didn't think we had anyone of that age here. Wow!

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #48
I invest in the stock market, because it provides extra income. I would rather not, but I do need the money and I really cannot work two jobs right now. It requires vigilance (checking every day), steady nerves, a willingness to cut your losses quickly, and a real hard nosed streak sometimes.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
I'm a day less than a month shy of my 56th birthday.

A poll conducted when polls were new and shiny on Spidweb showed that I was timeless, but "older than the bottom layer of grease on the movie theater floor" was a close second. Who am I to disagree with the voice of the people on my age?

—Alorael, who would never lie about a thing like this. No, never. Well, hardly ever.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages