Really, really, really non-good.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Really, really, really non-good.
Apprentice
Member # 5666
Profile #0
Dun dun dunnnn... My grandma is here for a week. She is a Gucci-wearing, judging, high-class... THING! No TV. No computer (She's out at the moment) No entertainment, other than reading lame books on history. Fortunately, I do get to go on the computer to do homework. Just so I have an excuse to be on here longer, send many random emails to me. Please. I'm dying here. *stabs self* (I expect this to get canned. Meh) :( :( :(

captain.ackers@gmail.c-o-m

(hyphens ommited.)

--------------------
"I died. Give me a lot of money." -Guybrush Threepwood

\m/(O_o)\m/
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
LOOKS AS IF SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KINDLE ROMANCE

ON THE INTERNET

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
I sympathize, but I can't relate.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Custer XVI:

LOOKS AS IF SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KINDLE ROMANCE

ON THE INTERNET

Hey, I'd be up for it if it weren't for the small matter of the Pacific Ocean separating me from most of the rest of the SW community.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
It feels good to be in computer science.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
*feels glad he's not Captain Ackers*

No going over to friends' houses and playing computer there? BtW, did you sneak this post in too? :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
What she doesn't know doesn't hurt her.

—Alorael, who will leave it at that. How you deal with your family members when they hold diametrically opposed views is your own business.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #7
You could always poison her.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
The Young Poisoner's Handbook deals with a young man poisoning a number of people. It's based on a true life event.

Maybe you can research a way to appear to be dead, that might take you out of the house (it might have some problematic side-effects, though).

Does your house have a fire alarm system? No, wait, that wouldn't work and might get you into trouble.

Maybe you can repeatedly bore your grand mother to sleep (or grand mother naps) and sneak away and use your computer for fiendish uses instead of homework.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by bogus standard candidate:

Maybe you can research a way to appear to be dead, that might take you out of the house (it might have some problematic side-effects, though).
Synchronicity, huh?

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #10
You poor fella. Pretend to be asleep. Send yourself 3,000 emails. I could give you some more excuses, if you want.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Google for "subscribe to spam mail".

There are plenty of people who would LOVE to send you email.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
Plenty of auto-mated email senders, don't you mean.

If you want to avoid your granny, run. Most old people are slow.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
An internet connection, however, is usually available only from one specific place (unless you're going wireless), and it's hard to run while using a laptop, let alone a desktop PC.

Mh... if you don't particularly like her, why don't you try (subtly of course) to piss her off just enough so she's all huffy and offended and won't want to talk to you for the rest of the visit - but not so much she'll complain to your parents and get you grounded. Some old relatives think it is a horribly cruel punishment if they just ignore you. Enjoy. Perhaps use that time to go online (subtly, again, of course). Voila.

No guarantees for any harm sustained while trying the above advice. ;)

[ Monday, April 25, 2005 00:32: Message edited by: Teste David cum Sibylla ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
That's also illegal, if you get caught. And with today's lazy thiefs, with their calling cards and what-not left lying around, it'd only be a matter of time before the feds come.

I have an idea. Go to the library. ad use the internet there. In the UK, libraries have to guve you access, so you can tell your gran you'll be "learning" whilst being online. Voila.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #16
How about reading a book? Or doing anything else? A world exists outside of the computer, you know.

[ Monday, April 25, 2005 04:19: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #17
My humble suggestion would be to commit suicide.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #18
I like the idea of reading a book. Drawing or writing would be good as well. There is also the option of spending some time with your grandmother. Are you able to go out? If so go for a lot of walks, or got to the park.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
As a longer-term sort of suggestion: Take up a sport. I started rowing in college because I wanted to get in better shape (not to mention that I was afraid I was too big a gaming dork - I will probably always remain a chronic closet gamer - and so felt I needed to justify this by doing something "normal" and "cool" like something athletic. I know - it's a little pathetic...).

The benefits of this decision, outside of the impact on my gamer guilt, were manifold - I was in the best shape of my life, healthier than I'd ever been (allergies that had been a problem before seemed to disappear), I lost a bunch of weight, and I met all kinds of people. Not to mention the sense of accomplishment.

My only regret? Not looking into doing anything athletic sooner.

EDIT:

quote:
Originally written by Mind:

My humble suggestion would be to commit suicide.
Dude, cool out.

[ Monday, April 25, 2005 08:33: Message edited by: andrew miller ]