Moderator Board - What are they up to?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Moderator Board - What are they up to?
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #0
Just because I'm really, really bored, I'm gonna start this somewhat pointless topic which will probably lower my karma by quite a bit. Or not. Can't say I care.

Have any of you guys ever wondered whats goining on in the Moderator Boards? They've got as much topics as the Geneforge forum, and more than the Richard White and Subterra forums. It's not much compared to the rest of the forums, but it makes you wonder what they are talking about in there. Any Ideas? (I've heard some suspicious rumours that the Nephilim vs. Slith topic has been reincarnated there!)

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
They're secretly having great orgies, I have heard. Tentacle orgies. But you didn't hear that from me. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
I think this pretty much sums it up: http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~eet23/modboard.jpg

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #3
Granted, but that still doesn't explain why the moderator boards have as much topics as the geneforge forum. Or do the moderators just go on random posting frenzies? And how did a wanderer get in there ?

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
The CoC mentions a few things that the moderator board can be used for.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
The moderator board is rarely pruned. Thus, topics there date back to July 2004.

EDIT: If you try to go to the mod board and are told "you do not have permission to access this area!", your name still shows up on the visitors list.

[ Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:29: Message edited by: Imban ]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
I've seen the mod forums before. And now I know why our catch phrase is "leave your sanity at the door".

I doubt I'll ever be the same...

/me moves to corner and whimpers

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by :Slash::
...Have any of you guys ever wondered whats goining on in the Moderator Boards? ...
They have coffee parties with fresh cookies from Saunders. I saw at least once her invitation, long long ago ...

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
They get free pipes in the Mod Board.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
TM's Krazy Kwilting Korner lives on!

—Alorael, who will say nothing of hidden smoky compartments in smoky rooms where the conspiracies behind conspiracies are planned.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Tierra, humo, polvo, sombra, nada:

—Alorael, who will say nothing of hidden smoky compartments in smoky rooms where the conspiracies behind conspiracies are planned.

Conspiracies behind Conspiracies?!

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by [b:
]Slash:[/b]:
Granted, but that still doesn't explain why the moderator boards have as much topics as the geneforge forum. Or do the moderators just go on random posting frenzies? And how did a wanderer get in there ?
Wanderers can be members. Just set your status to "invisible". As for what they're up to, I agree with the orgie part :D Either that, or abusing their powers by eating donuts just like cops. :eek:

Also, closer look reveals "show topics from last 10 days". I guess they're having orgies on private messaging.

[ Friday, April 15, 2005 13:00: Message edited by: Canned ]

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
Do mod board posts show up on recent topics still? I thought that was fixed.

—Alorael, who doesn't want anyone to know the secrets of the moderators. If revealed, they could have dire consequences on Spiderweb, nay, upon the entire world! Maybe.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #13
I think there's this ***secret*** way of getting into the mod board. Can't you find a mod and if he was last sighted in the moderator forum on a topic, can't you go there and save the link so you can go there whenever? If not, I've wasted six good stars for nothing.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
The funny thing with a database and a php page accessing it is, no matter where the link is and how you got it, if it leads to a forum you're not allowed into, it won't lead you in.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Tierra, humo, polvo, sombra, nada:

^_^

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #16
They have parties where they drink jolt coca cola and forty ouncers and eat ding dongs and twinkies and play computer games until four in the morning.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
I'd rather not be associated with "eating ding dongs", thank you. >>
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #18
Prefer twinkies :P

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 08:38: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #19
maybe jeff doesnt exist!
that board is for mods to decide what fake "Jeff's" new move should be. they are trying to take over our minds!

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #20
Didn't we just get a new member called "jeffsdeboard"?. Looks like the replacement is already here.....

I bet Alorael is secretly behind the whole "SpidWeb is Jeff" theory. It's a gigantic conspiracy I tell you!

EDIT: Woo-hoo! 777 posts! Hoo-ra for me!

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 08:52: Message edited by: 'Da Holiest of all Toenails ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Annuit Coeptis:

Conspiracies behind Conspiracies?!
There's a reason that this chatboard is on the homepage of the Scorched Earth party.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #22
Not only does Jeff Vogel not exist, but in the moderator board they are secretly modifying people's brains, causing them to believe what Jeff has said incorrectly was never said (such as that idiotic myth than Geneforge was going to be sci-fi) and that if Jeff says something, it is automatically true, despite past evidence. All "memories" that contradict what is said by Jeff and Spiderweb Software now are obviously incorrect and should be dismissed.

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Toasty Warm:

They have parties where they drink jolt coca cola and forty ouncers and eat ding dongs and twinkies and play computer games until four in the morning.
Aww, so they're just normal people? And I had my hopes up.

Incedently, i believe that the lone wanderer shown on that picture was me, checking if you could actually get in into the moderator board before posting this topic and making an über fool out of myself.

It really surprises me that this topic still lives. This is the first topic that I've ever started that has lasted more than ten or so posts. And it was because of that that I checked the mail-when-someone-posts checkbox, and got my inbox flooded with twenty e-mails that I rapidly deleted.

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 10:47: Message edited by: :Slash: ]

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #24
I'll bet they mostly argue about who to can, who to ban, and who to give a custom title. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages