What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
I haven't been out to the movies lately. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is coming out in theaters on April 29, 2005 and I would really like to see it. Hopefully it will be very good.

I am waiting on seeing the movie version of Frank Miller's Sin City; I found the graphic novel to be a bit excessively violent even for my tastes. I liked 300 however by Frank Miller. I will probably wait until I have a bunch of free time. I think I'd be cross eyed after watching it for an hour or two.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #1
there's nothing coming out soon that I want to see. but I caught Danny Deckchair last night. Not incredibly funny but as good a romance as I've ever seen.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #2
I saw Sin City this weekend, and really enjoyed it, but man, was it violent! It certainly pushed the "R" rating to the fullest extent possible. If you see it, I can promise you won't look at Elijah Wood the same way ever again. :)

I'm actually looking forward to Episode III, though I have great misgivings after Episode II.

[ Tuesday, April 05, 2005 04:30: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #3
i tried to go to sin city but the guy selling the tickets didnt let me he was like ur not old enough so that sucked

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #4
I can't wait until Star Wars III comes out. I've been waiting for years, and the time has almost come.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
I'm waiting to see Sin City.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by [b:
andrew miller[/b]]
I saw Sin City this weekend, and really enjoyed it, but man, was it violent! It certainly pushed the "R" rating to the fullest extent possible.
Is that movie black and white? It looked like that in the trailers/previews.
quote:
Originally written by [b:
andrew miller[/b]]
If you see it, I can promise you won't look at Elijah Wood the same way ever again. :)

Isn't he the guy that played Frodo in LOTR?

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
IMDB, motherfscker. Do you use it?

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #8
I'd like to see Sin City, the new Star Wars, and probably Hitchhiker's Guide.

I'm also wanting to see I, Robot, because I hear it is kinda cool. And friends say Constantine is good, too.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #9
I loved I, Robot. It has some flaws, but it's a great movie. I think that you should see it. (It's already out, but you probably already know that.)

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #10
Van Helsing 2. Yeah, don't roast me, I loved that movie. Fast faster, faster, fasttterrrrrrrrr!

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
I'm waiting for Team America *World Police* to come out on DVD. I could'nt go see it because of the rating.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #12
I'm waiting for Harry Potter 4, because it was my favorite book in the series so far.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #13
I'm waiting for Harry Potter 4, because it was my favorite book in the series so far.

EDIT:Sorry about the double post. I got disconnected in the middle of sending it and wasn't sure if it came out right. :D

[ Wednesday, April 06, 2005 01:20: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #14
I haven't seen many movies for a while, so I've a bit of a list of things I want to see, foremost among them "The Incredibles", "I, Robot", and the new "Sin City".

--------------------
XXXIII
Not hear? When noise was everywhere! it tolled
Increasing like a bell. Names in my ears
Of all the lost adventurers, my peers -
How such a one was strong, and such was bold,
And such was fortunate, yet each of old
Lost, lost! one moment knelled the woe of years.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #15
I really like Team America, it was funny as. Has any one here seen Bad Santa? Another good and funny movie.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists
drugs being conviently available for all the kids

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our takes paying
For your wars against the new non rich
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #16
x-Men 3.

That is all.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #17
I didn't know Hitch-hiker's was coming out this month. Nobody ever tells me these things. Still, I'm a fan of the books, so I'm looking forward to it, plus Harry Potter 4.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #18
I, Robot is pretty cool. I wish they made a jackass the movie 2. The first one was hilarious. :)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #19
(tons)

Kingdom of Heaven. Because. Just because. (and also I've been hearing/reading about this project for years and it's good to see Ridley Scott do it. I don't care if it's not faithful, it a bloody flick (they'll claim and boast all sorts of things, as those braggarts usually do. meh. Sets. Costumes. Jeremy Irons. Tons of extras and pixelated people swarming upon each other claiming to do it all for this god or that or this honour or that. Yes. Please. For reality and what actually happened during that time I already went to college for. I want action and blood and melee fights up the wazoo. It satisfies my very simple taste.

Sin City. Gods. Movies like this make be very spiritual and believe in god (I'm kinda serious) because if so, then maybe there is a Heaven (or Hell, whichever) where I can go and spend more time watching movies like it.

I've been a fan of Miller since. . . longer than the cockroaches have been around. I almost got a tattoo of Marv, but a friend of mine already had one, so there.

Robert Rodriguez has been falmboyant and fun enough as a director that I've enjoyed all his flicks, some more, some less (From Dusk 'Till Dawn is a fun Vampire massacre film, and it's got a very cool and eclectic cast (the weak link, Mr. T, gets killed soon, thank the gods, excellent director, cruddy actor))

Sin City will come to this country some day, but I can wait. I'm almost certain I'll think it's a brilliant master piece.

Also, as a very, very neat note: RR left the Guild because they refused to accept Miller as a co-director. This movie, from what I've been told by my friends who saw it and the preview is not an adaptation. No. This is The Comic on Celluloid (or digital). Pretty much. Man. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Episode III. Thirty years, nearly. Had to put up with Jar Jar. Had to put up with seeing Lucas turn so many of his fans away. It all comes to this. All of it. Finally. Finally after May 19th my life would have had a meaning (I'm a little more serious about this than I should be). The rumours say that the final battle is anywhere between 8 and 12 minutes.

Holy Hannah (and her sisters)! Imagine an average, 9 minutes. With the intensity those Jedi fought back then (and I love the Vader/Luke dances, even the Obi-Wan/Vader dance in IV) But like this. It's even going to get, very likely, a PG-13. All Jedi die (except Yoda and Kenobi) Vader gets to kill a few of them himself, hand to hand, in the movie (take a look at the trailer you can see him doing so) I've seen that trailer too many times (three times a day as a dead minimum)

Batman Begins: Please. Please. Mr. Director sir, your Memento was excellent and brilliant. Your Insomnia was not bad at all. The trailer looks like Batman bloody well ought to have been and may finally be. Please. Please.

Hitchiker's: Meh. Loved the first three books. Trailer looks pretty and loud. More than that? We'll see.

Fantastic Four: Oh, crap. One of my favorite comic tiles (specially the first one hundred or so, brilliant, brilliant stuff. Absolutely) ever and. . . I suppose hoping to see Galactus is too much. I get Von Doom, but he lives in New York (it just keep getting better, and better) The guy who plays Johnny Storm sucks rotten eggs as an actor, but, again, Johnny is flamboyant prick, so he may be able to pull it off. The Thing looks okay. Smaller than he should be, but I am glad they went with make up more than CGI

(League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: may have sucked on many levels, but its Hyde was better waaay better than Van "please stop making movies mr. Sommers, The Mummy was you masterpiece and let it end there" Helsing.)

King Kong. My man. My monkey. My Jack Black. Mine or I help you not. Sorry. Anything that Peter Jackson has ever done has rocked my world. Since the first I saw by him (BrainDead, yes indeed. Indeed!) to his early ones to his serious one (Heavenly Creatures) to his mighty Epic popular ones (LotR) to one of the Most Awesome Mockumentaies Ever Made (Forgotten Silver) He cannot screw this up. Sorry, he simply can't. If he does, kiss reality goodbye.

Hong Kong Shuffle and seeing Warriors of Heaven and Earth on the big Screen. And anything cool that comes from those awesome filmakers from the East. For years and years they have been making movies like next to no American person even dreamed possible or could possibly imitate. It's good to see them still releasing phenomencally cool stuff.

Terrence Malick Movie: Because, in spite of Colin Farrel (he just ain't that great, sorry to say it) it is done by Terrence Malick. Not many enjoyed his Thin Red Line, I did.

Charlie and the Chocolate Company: You betcha. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, cool. Big Fish redeemed Burton after that crappola of a movie that I shall not mention that had talking monkeys in it and Mark Walhberg. And Tim Roth. Among others.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith: I just hope this loud and big and fun. Emphasis on the last one, please. The first two are way too easy. Besides, as cliche as this may sound, Jolie is in it.

War of the Worlds: Because I loved the book, and the 50's version, and every time this pops in cool projects (like the second League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, or a very, very cool Anthology: War of the Worlds: Global Dispatches and many other things here and there) and I can't wait for it to either suck and complain how the old one was better, or heck, be the first actual good disaster film of the last whatever eons.

The Island: There's gotta be a Michael Bay movie I like. Please. Another Dystopia in a movie, I never get tire of these.

The Brothers Grimm: Terry Gilliam.

Corpse Bride: Two Tim Burton films in one year. Danny Elfman galore.

Wallace and Grommit Movie: Yeah!!!

Land of the Dead: Oh man. Finally. About frelling time. I had thought the name would be Twilight of the Dead, but I'm nitpicking semantics. Romero. Zombies. Thank you. (now if Mr. Raimi can give us the frelling Evil Dead 4 he has promised, one way or another for so long)

V for Vendetta: Let's see. April saw Sin City (Miller) Now, the Warchowski brother have penned this Awesome comic by none other than Alan Moore. Please don't suck. Please.

Chronicles of Narnia: I hope they don't infantilize this with some modern Hollywood idea of infantalization (okay so that word doesn't exist. sorry. I'm going to grammar hell already)

Underworld: Evolution: Cool beans! The first one surprised me. It was a very neat B movie. Very neat and cool. I'm glad to see this one. And it has nothing to do with Kate Beckinsdale. Really. Honestly. Bah, I'm a big fat liar. Vampires/Werewolves/Beautiful woman in leather. I'm simple.

And many more.

(Lots of Independent/European films, most of which I don't keep track anymore since we just don't get that many of them over here, so it's way too frustrating. I go to the rental place once in a while and just rent a bunch and am happy)

That's about it. Sorry I didn't control more my film geekedness.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #20
BSC, have you seen Bad Taste, by Peter Jackson?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #21
I just (literally) got home from seeing Sin City and I must say...

I'm very impressed.

Being only "familiar" with the graphic novels, I wasn't always sure who everyone was. All three stories had a protagonist that spoke to me, personally.

If you are 17 or older (here in the States), go see it. High violence, lots of sex themes, and grisly, yet touching, tales of heroism in a world of darkness.

I give it a 95/100.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #22
PoD: Yup. That's a cool film (like all the stuff PJ does). Great car (the Beatles in their Sgt. Pepper's customs is just too cool). It's also nice to see him without the bushy beard. You know, films like that, or the Evil Dead series or some of the stuff by Full Moon, Hammer, etc, just go on to show that you can make some darn fine Horror films for the price of a shoe-lace (well. . . almost) and make it funny and cool (and sometimes even horryfyingly scary).

Sin City: Man. You U.S. Citizens/Canadians are so lucky. I have no clue when it will come here. While you guys are watching that, the newest pre-release here (midnight show) is a Mandy Moore flick from 2003 and "Hide and Seek" (which at least came out this year back in the States)

Sin City (2): From what I've been told, it's supremely faithful to the Comic in plot and feeling.

(I can see how it'd be violent, in the first Graphic Novel, "Sin City," Marv gets shot at, beaten, stabbed. It's wonderful because most of it has no dialogue and little narration, just he storming through the building (reminded me of the ending of Better Tomorrow II (John Woo!!! Make more good films again!!! Please!!!) And the last panel of the book, or one of the last, seeing him kneeling holding the little girl close to him. Damn, I'm getting goose bumps.)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #23
From what I hear, Sin City is virtually a shot for shot film version of the comics. Same angles and all that.

I won't see it. When a film contains multiple castrations, you know it's gone past the regular run-of-the-mill movie violence.

I will, however, see the Hitchhiker movie. I love the books, and the trailer cracked me up (The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy has this to say about movie trailers...).

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #24
Sin City would be a great title for a scenario. And yeah, the heroine wears again that sexy Phaedra-style :D

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.

Pages