How did you first find out about Spidweb's games and what is it first games you play?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How did you first find out about Spidweb's games and what is it first games you play?
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by [b:
This Glass Is Half Stugie[/b]]
The first SW game I played was A3, which I got from Download.com. It grabbed me immediately, and after playing through to the edge of the shareware barrier I proceeded to download A1, A2, GF1, Nethergate, and GF2 once it came out. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, but when I decided to finally register one, I chose GF2. After playing through it, I proceeded to register GF1 and A3 in quick succession, buying the Nethergate CD with A3. I registered BoA very soon after it came out, and I'll likely do the same with GF3.

EDIT: A late addition here- Right on, Zorro! Go Illini!
You should try the Exile series. In many ways, I like it better than avernum. You probably have to get used to the different style, though. Its graphics are outdated.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #26
I have tried Exile on several separate occasions. Every time, I've given up out of an inability to deal with the gameplay and interface.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #27
I like Exile better, still. I first got Exile, then I tried to play Avernum. After my 4th attempt, I got into Avernum, but I still played Exile a whole lot more.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #28
I like hunting games.

I know it is not on topic, but there are some good hunting games for PC (Mac and Windows) on the market.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #29
First SW game was Geneforge 2 because it was the only Mac role-playing game I could find at the time. I ended up really liking their games.

That made me remember, does anyone remember Duck Hunt for Nintendo. Sorry about that, just a childhood memory that sprung up.

[ Friday, April 01, 2005 21:09: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #30
I think I may of said before, but the only SpidWeb games I have played are the last two Exile games.
And no, Dolphin, I have not played Duck Hunt. Others may of, though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #31
I found Avernum 2 first via www.downloads.com. I couldn't believe how good it was. I found the site later on, and was subsequently introduced to Avernum 1 and 3 (both have been played, unfinished, and deleted repeatedly for no remembered reason). I loved the first Geneforge (Agent is my favourite class by far), haven't finished the 2nd yet, got a bit tiresome, am about to embark on Geneforge 3.

I also like BOA, but the Avernum series are getting a bit tiresome for me.
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #32
I first found Geneforge from RealArcade, which is a program you can download that gives you a wide selection of games to puruse. I remembering playing G1 for the first time and being in awe of how much fun I was having. I promptly gobbled it up. Then came G2, and I devoured that one as well. I have tried A1 and BOA, but they haven't caught me really.

--------------------
Most Important Questions:
Why does one sock go missing?
What is the purpose of meaning?
What is the purpose of girls?
What happened to the other one?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by This Glass Is Half Stugie:

I have tried Exile on several separate occasions. Every time, I've given up out of an inability to deal with the gameplay and interface.
Exactly that happened to me. Too stupid to play Exile :P

My first game was A2. I found it here. Then I got A3, BoA and recently A1. To complete the collection.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #34
Geneforge 1. I got it off a MacWorld shareware CD some years ago. I didn't play it for some time, and then went to Spiderweb homepage and found GF2. I downloaded A1, A2 , A3 and BOE demos didn't like 'em, deleted them, redownloaded them again some weeks later and found I liked them (apart from BOE). And then I went back and got BOA demo.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

First SW game was Geneforge 2 because it was the only Mac role-playing game I could find at the time. I ended up really liking their games.

That made me remember, does anyone remember Duck Hunt for Nintendo. Sorry about that, just a childhood memory that sprung up.

Duck hunt? Hmmm..... Oh yeah I remember playing it quite a while ago. :)

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #36
Was it the Duck Hunt that you needed the shotgun thing to play, or was it a game where you moved the analog stick to move the crosshair?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by 'Da Holiest of all Toenails:

Was it the Duck Hunt that you needed the shotgun thing to play, or was it a game where you moved the analog stick to move the crosshair?
I played Duckhunt using the shotgun thingy, but I told you that was quite a while ago.....

[ Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:28: Message edited by: Mr.knowitall ]

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #38
The only gun-played game I play is 'Point Blank.' I rather enjoy that game.
Apprentice
Member # 665
Profile Homepage #39
First game I played was Exile 1 from Galaxy of Games. I couldn't stand the interface. About 2 years later, my brother found Exile 2 on the disk, and I liked that much better. I registered Exile 2, and later registered, Avernum 2, and now BOA.

--------------------
"Only fools are quoted"

-Annonymus
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #40
E2 was played first, then E1, E3, and BoE. Once I had exhausted all the demos I caved and bought all four playing them in order again. I got the demos on a couple different shareware CD's.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by 'Da Holiest of all Toenails:

I didn't have the gun. You could buy one but you didn't need to. I was about four, so I just remember there was grass, and trees, and flying ducks you shoot.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5662
Profile #42
i downloaded geneforge1 trough RealOneArcade, and this was also the only game i registered.

i also played BoA, GF2 and A3 demos
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #43
You should try playing the exile series. They are pretty good as well, though take some time getting used to after you've played games like avernum. You also might not like it though, because it's got the same plot as avernum and avernum is at higher quality. But you might like it.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #44
I first found out about Spiderwed Software sometime in the late 90's. I was cruisin' for free game demos, and Spiderweb delivered.

I decided to try the Avernum demo and was hooked. I did everything in the demo, and prowled the edges of the demo in frustration, cursing that shareware demon, so I got off my ass and registered. My party had levelled up to about lvl20 in the demo alone, so I exploded out of there, and proceeded to kick ass all across the caverns.

Unfortunately, since I've been moving around and going to universities since then, Avernum 1 is not only the first Spiderweb game I've played, but also the only one I've played in full. :(

I will remedy this one day.

--------------------
XXXIII
Not hear? When noise was everywhere! it tolled
Increasing like a bell. Names in my ears
Of all the lost adventurers, my peers -
How such a one was strong, and such was bold,
And such was fortunate, yet each of old
Lost, lost! one moment knelled the woe of years.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #45
The first Spidweb game I heard about was SubTerra. I was just searching on the internet for boulderdash clones and found it.
Apprentice
Member # 5666
Profile #46
So there I was, going through a stack of Shareware games CD's... when I came across... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN... Exile, Escape from the Pit. I sat there trying to play it, and wondering why my party suddenly died if I wandered around too long (starvation) This was in about '97 or '98, so I was little, and had no idea what I was doing. Dad registered it for me a few years later, but it had a spazz and deleted itself. Then I holepunched the CD. Then we ordered all 3 Exile games. The End.

--------------------
"I died. Give me a lot of money." -Guybrush Threepwood

\m/(O_o)\m/
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #47
I actually dabbled in my first Spiderweb software game (the first Exile) when I got my first Mac back in 1998. The MacAddict Demo Discs back then usually featured an Exile game to try out.

I was surprised by how well the games played as well as the overall length of the demos.
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #48
Not sure exactly how many years ago this happened but I'm glad it did.

I was home one Saturday, extremely bored when I decided to look for ANYTHING to keep me occupied online. I decided to look for "online games," and after searching through a tremendous amount of boring games found a link to Spiderweb.

It looked nice and what-not, so I gave Avernum 1 a try.

And guess what? I did not like it. So I tried Avernum 2.

And guess what? I did not like it. So I gave up on Avernum and tried Nethergate.

And guess what? I loved it. I beat it and some time later I gave Avernum 3 a try.

And guess what? I loved it too. Though I was terribly lost as far as past events in the world of Avernum, I could not stop playing. After I beat it I gave the other two a try. While I still like A3 much better, the other two are now much more enjoyable. Other spidweb games followed and I have enjoyed them all, thusfar.

--------------------
Part of me wants to say, "Well, it's good enough for me, and it's my damn scenario," but another part of me sort of wants to hold back. I've settled on this compromise. -Kelandon
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #49
My first spidweb game was Exile 3, and I stumbled upon it on a free CD-rom having all kinds of wonderfull share- and freeware games. Most of those games are still my favorites.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.

Pages