Cons?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Cons?
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #0
Anyone ever goto a con, or want to, or like the concept of it?

I've always wanted to goto a nice big con, it seems interesting, last year, one of my friends went to one of the californian animecons, they said it was great, and you can get lots of neat stuff.

Last year I missed Further Confusion, which throughly pissed me off, I might miss it again this year, though I sincerily hope I don't. There is supposed to be alot of fun stuff and activities. There is supposed to be a large gaming exhibition, as well as an area for tabletop games [I have jadeclaw, yeay! ^.^] and DDR [I man I suck at DDR, I have no rythm :( , though I know a few people who kick tail.] standup comedians, [they're supposed to have 2 *2 is the comedian's name* I think], writing workshops and various other things. It's likely going to be a veritable flurry of activity. [though I'll probably be forced to dance, or show off some of my other non-talents >.>]

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #1
I don't know what a con is, which means I probably shouldn't have posted in this topic. You caught my interest, however. What is a con?

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #2
"Con"vention ^.^

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #3
Aha... you are talking about game conventions?

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #4
blech... too many people in geekdom land... a little bit is okay... but more than a day is too much. There is something frightening about geeks hyped up on too much sugar and caffeine in funny costumes. This is especially true of star trek conventions.

However, there are a few exceptions. My favorite geeky convention so far is: http://www.moccany.org/artfest-main.html
Nothing but independent comics

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
I went to Gencon once. An event where all the "XXL" size tee-shirts for game masters are the first to run out. It convinced me to leap immediately back into the gaming closet.

Funniest thing I saw during Gencon: prostitutes propositioning hardcore gamers.
Apprentice
Member # 4900
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:

I went to Gencon once. An event where all the "XXL" size tee-shirts for game masters are the first to run out. It convinced me to leap immediately back into the gaming closet.

Funniest thing I saw during Gencon: prostitutes propositioning hardcore gamers.

LOL I loved that XXL one
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #7
heh, frigging stereotypes :P
The con I wanted to goto was a furry con, so feel free to stereotype me, you can bite me, though I wouldn't mind going to a gaming con, quite a few gamers I know aren't the fat, slow, lifeless entities most people mentally associate with the theme :P one of the people I know is a cute little furry gamer boi who can keep pace with me in RPGs, and puzzlers, beat me senseless in fighting games and "coordination games" [DDR, Parapa, etcetera], and I know quite a few others like him.

Though I know just as many stereotypical gamers, I knew this one big fat dude... who beat me to a bloody pulp in DDR... ON A DANCE PAD, oh the HUMANITY!

and for the record, I suck horribly at DDR, I have no rythm and coordination.. and I can't dance to begin with, my response to a request or challenge is to stand, cross my arms, and ignore it, because I suck :P

[ Friday, December 03, 2004 20:42: Message edited by: Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder ^.^ ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4970
Profile #8
I went to a Con a few years ago, and it was quite interesting. It was geared around Sci/Fi and comics, so I was in geek heaven. Saw Jeri Ryan, Lou Ferigno, Warwick Davis, and a bunch of comic gods of the time. They can be fun if you're into that sort of thing, but as someone already said, they can get a bit overwhelming.
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #9
I could imagine it would be so... hell if I make it to furcon, I'm probably gonna need ANOTHER week to recover from it... @, @ I'm a bit shy IRL, so I react in one of two ways to overwhelming social anxiety, paranoia or mania. I'm more than likely going to end up drunken and hyper. which will mean thing will take a turn for the worse :P

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
I've never had the opportunity to attend a con. I probably wouldn't if I could, anyway.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by [b:
Imban[/b]]
I've never had the opportunity to attend a con. I probably wouldn't if I could, anyway.
I concur. Conventions seem alittle overboard. Sure, I'm a big fan of video games, but not enough to go to a "thing" all about it. :)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
I attended an anime convention once. The whole thing struck me as a little pointless after a while. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more if, like certain people who shall remain nameless, I had an inordinate fondness for Asian girls.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
Ai ****ai-no, Rushiyen-chan~~

(Cross-lingual censorship is fun, especially when faintly appropriate.)

[ Saturday, December 04, 2004 18:02: Message edited by: Fear Uncertainty and Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
Ain't the verb "ai suru" rather than "ai ****e"?

t thuryl ^_^

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder ^.^:

boi
ETHNIC CLEANSING

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #16
Or, 'con', as in, pros and cons. Therefore, you have done something bad and it seemed interesting?

--------------------
Inconsistently backward.
SWOH. IM, PATF, ND.