To Slay A Dragon. (RP)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: To Slay A Dragon. (RP)
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #50
{IC}...waking up with a thumping head-ache. He groaned, feeling his aching head. There was blood on his hand when he took it away. What had happened? He remembered nothing since he had been walking back ot his inn. It must have been a spell - but one he hadn't felt ? He stood slowly up, wavering slightly due to his splitting head. Muttering carefully to himself, a gren fire crept over him, healing his numerous cuts and abrassions. He walked gingerly down a rock tunnel, until he came to a dead-end, and turned around.

What stood before him was a magical beast of outstanding power - A drake!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #51
The Cavern Knight Held her hand over her face, and a large portion of it became covered in a red forcefield of sorts. It appeared to be translucent, but already bits of what appeared to be blood were collecting in its bottom. A few curses later, she began running towards Darixen and leaped directly into the air and hit the ground with what appeared to be a shovel in place of her feet. Her arms were raised into blades after she had used her flexible nature to hurl Darixen their way.

Whether healed or not, Darixen was not immune to lacerations. He was sliced open on each pectoral muscle, causing him to stumble to the ground. He quickly regained his footing, but felt a searing pain all over his body. Slivers were emerging across his skin, particularly where he was forked prior. He looked at the blood on the ground and saw that it was emitting red motes of light. His skin was simultaneously not as illuminated as it was before. He was returning to normal- he had to not be hit again, lest he lose his powers and his life.

He charged at the Cavern Knight. His movements were slowed marginally, but simultaneously were his opponent's. The wench was still massively quicker than anyone else on the field, but her loss of Genuine blood had caused her to lose bits of her power. If there was a way to defeat her, this had to be it.

----

Adam stared over Meteus.

"Make your choice."

"I can defeat her on my--"

"Nonsense. You need my power- some of it, but not all of it."

"Some, but not all?"

"I cannot fight her. Only you enchanted mortals can fight her. I can no longer harm her. To kill her is your duty which you must accept."

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #52
Mugwump grasped the dragons hoard and began a long slow jog. He headed deeper into the caverns with the treasure.

He had to be alert at all times. It was especially dangerous in this area. He stopped for a moment and took out a small bottle. He rubbed the stink beetle musk on him to keep away the giant insects. His eyes smarted and he choked on the smell.

He jogged steadily forward taking quick darting looks around him. Giant mushrooms grew up between patches of lava. Red acidic rot dripped from the cavern walls. He could hear the rustling of giant ants and millipedes.

He saw the stone marker for the path up ahead.
Suddenly a giant grey wolf spider jumped at him knocking him to the ground. He thrust his trident between its jaws, then drove the mithril blade into its belly. The spiders leg scrabbled at him. He pushed the beast off him. Then he pulled the trident and sword out.

He started running as fast he could. He could hear the rustles of insects closing in on the corpse. Even stink beetle couldn't keep the teeming underground jungle from the smell of blood.

A living stalagmite fell barely brushing against him. Its cilia scraped at his legs. He ran deeper into the caverns.

He dared not stop, the bloody ichor of the spider had splashed all over him.

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a giant stag battle. Adrenaline pumped into him and he ran.

He could hear the clicking behind him. He kept running. Luckily he passed another marker stone. The jungle cleared into a paved road. The beetle was close behind him.

Then several arrows sprouted from the beetle. He saw a small tower up ahead. It was a thin spire of grey stone. The jungle had been cleared around the base of the tower. Braziers of smoking stink beetle flesh kept the insects at bay. He ran forward panting.

A line of eight troll bowmen fired into the teeming mass of insects behind him. Three huge burly ogres in spiked mail with massive swords stood in his path.

He kept running. The tower door was open. He pushed past them aiming for the door. Then he ran into a troll in black armor. A six legged alien beast was at his side.

A pile of giant insects lay behind him, methodically shot stabbed and shot to pieces.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #53
{IC} The Drake looked right back at him, intelligence blazing in it's twin orange eyes. Elohren gathered his strength, and began to prepare himself for use of the Druid fire, his first defense. As he did so, he could feel the Drake doing a similar thing, charging itself with the ground's power. It was hilarious, he decided, that he had come this far, only to come upon a land such as this one, and creatures such as the Drake still living. As he was studying it, the Drake attacked with a vicious orange streak of flame, impacting upon the druids' shield the staff created. Elohren whirled, and blue druid fire leapt from his hand, towards the Drake. It stood there, then brushed away the flames with a flame of it's own, and snorted.

They continued like this, orange flame against his shield, his fire against the Drake's flames. On and on they continued, never giving each-other a moment's rest. It was a dangerous rythm, each striving for superiority over the other. It was a deadly dance, fire versus fire, druid versus beast. Elohren changed tactics, using ice instead of fire, and the Drake responded with water. They continued countering each other, changing from element to element, hoping to catch each other out. But they never did. After a few hours, they were exhausted.

"Amazing." sniffed the Drake. "I haven't met a Druid for quite some time, let alone an elven one!"
Elohren smiled wearily. "Maybe you haven't been trying. After all, our kind did banish you from our realm."
"That was a stupid argument, many years ago."
" Your kind at the time didn't think so. There was fighting and death everywhere on both sides, your kind burned the tree-city of Lerallo."
The Drake glared. "And you Elves ," it spat the word with hatred, "destroyed a clutchery of our people. You are as much to blame as we are."
"Well, I don't think we stoped fighting each other so we could argue about long-forgotten wars. what did you want?" Elohren demanded.
"The Elven diplomacy seems to have degraded itself over the years." the Drake remarked.
"It's called Druid's diplomacy. We usually get what we want. now what did you want me for?" Elohren replied.

"There are foes abroad, ones with powerful magic at their disposal. I had to make sure you were not one of them, you are quite proficient in the Druidic arts. These foes come in every shape and size, form the "Crystal Knights", to unknown sorcerers and mages. The knights are lethal on their own, and the others summon fearfull monsters to their beck and call. And then there is the Dragon . I do not know which side it has chosen, for good or for evil, but I do know that it has some part to play in these trouled times, for good or for evil. The dragon is the key to all of this, I am sure, but I require help, help which has to come from an Elf ."

Elohren composed himself after the Drake had finished speaking. "Why an Elf? Why not a human?"
"Human lives are too short, and they die easily. Though I am pained to admit it, Elves don't die easily, probably because of their thick skulls."
"Human lives are too short ? They live for eighty to ninety years, even longer if they have skill in the power - isn't that long enough for you?"
"The Drake shook it's head. "No. The quest could last for a hundred years, or be finished in a week. I do not know, but I need a companion I can depend on. And as you're an elf, and I need an elf to help me..."
"You want me to come along with you, on this weird quest which you say could kill me?" Elohren asked.
"Yes."
Elohren laughed. "Well tehn, what are we waiting for? Lets go!"
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #54
Hidorian jumped back and landed on Phiz. Phiz was hurt enough that he let go. Hidorian ran over to the Cavern Knight."EAT CRYSTAL, FIEND!" Hidorian shouted. He then shoved an exploding crystal into the Cavern Knight's mouth. It exploded, leaving the inside of her mouth pitted and charred. She fell onto the ground. Everyone waited to see if she recovered or not. But before they could wait long enough, Hidorian let out an incredibly loud roar! The 4 serpents he summoned a little earlier charged into battle alongside Hidorian.

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #55
"Very well," Meteus answered. Though he knew the possible consequences of accepting his aid, he really didn't have much of a choice. He could only hope to come out of this with his soul intact.

With the wounds healed, and a new energy within him, he felt as if all the things he could not have done before could be done now. It seemed as if all the powerful men of old now had a part inside him - even the powers of Redman, the mystical forefather of House Rouge. "You'll be repaid someday, Adam," Meteus forced himself into thanking.

It is time to try some of these powers. Whispering some sort of incantation, he easily conjured a spiralling blade of red fire on his palm - a feat he could never accomplish before. Amazing.

He clenched his fist, and the blade disappeared. Instead, the warrior mage had something else up his sleeve. He retrieved his sabre, and set his boomerang ablaze. Clutching his flaming weapon, he kept running, dodging all sorts of spells and missed strikes from the Cavern Knight.

Darixen, after nearly pinning down the woman, was yanked away with superhuman strength. Fortunately, he sustained no further injury, and was only knocked out of breath. That lizard man, previously struggling with Phiz, had knocked the man off to the side and was about to finish him. He also happened to be in a perfect position, being somewhat behind the Cavern Knight in his position. Now, Meteus figured, was the time. Without warning, he hurled the boomerang, knowing her exact reaction to the flaming weapon.

Indeed, she dodged to the left, allowing the boomerang to swerve around, anticipating the backswing. As expected, she left her right arm unprotected. He saw the oppurtunity, and immediately after the boomerang flew past her, he lunged at her, using his right arm to twist hers around her neck. He conjured a new blade of fire with his other, and thrust it into an unprotected portion of her back, the flames burning into her...

"Darixen, now!"

EDIT: i've been writing this for so long, that FB got his post in a minute before me. i feel this is too long to delete, so take it as you will.

[ Tuesday, November 02, 2004 13:23: Message edited by: Wisemanism: the Religion ]

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #56
Fritti made the relative safety of the woods and stopped so he could manage to put at least a quarter of a mile between the camp and himself before dawn. Then he had a bad thought. A very bad thought. The kind of thought he usually only had when he was drunk(which was rare). Hidorian and the warrior were bound to be rich. After a short argument with himself, Fritti turned around and started back for the camp.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #57
IC:
Darixen leaped back onto his feat, adrenaline coursing through his body. Feelings and emotions fueled his fire as he entered a beserk state of strength. And then he saw his chance.

"Darixen, Now!"

He drew his mace as far as it could go, and swung a giant's swing right into the side of the Cavern Knight. Darixen looked on as his hearing soon grew silent, seeing in reddish eyes the Knight's surprised expression. She slowly looked down to see her torso completely missing, her legs nothing but a jumbled, crippled mass laying upon the floor. She uttered something Darixen could not hear, and her head went limp. Meteus let go as soon as she did, and turned around to find Phiz desperately trying to escape from Hidorian.

Meteus didn't even get a chance to react as Darixen raced past him, his bloodshot vision now taking full force. He clubbed Hidorian in the back of the skull as though the mace was the weight of a feather. Hidorian himself flew into a tree more than ten yards off, and landed into some underbrush. Four of his minions came around and surrounded both Darixen and Meteus, their slithering bodies not caring for Phiz.

His Rage was ending, too quickly, too soon. He could feel the pain coming back, the silence grow dim, his own vision blurring back to normal now. Darixen's body became even further drained as he struggled to keep standing, his eyes now drooping in exhaustion. He used the mace to prop himself up, but to no avail. He sunk unto the ground, slowly blacking out as the serpents came toward them. The last thing he heard was a shout from someone else.

Phiz thought Death was near. Very, very near. In fact, so near, he was playing a game of chess with Fate. Or cards. It still didn't matter to him, as Phiz watched the hero that protected him for so long slump down to the ground and nearly stop moving. The other hero was in a perilous situation, even if he was glowing red. Then a shout came from beyond the camp of a familiar friend; Phiz turned to see who exactly was charging into battle this time. It was Tados.

OOC: Er... what's the herbalist's name again? And what happened to Mahl?

Oh, and for the info, Darixen went into a beserk Rage; Merely every warrior's strength and weakness. Due to the severity of wounds, it was a quick Rage, and he blacked out rather quickly.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #58
(OOC: The herbalist is named Penny. And, I must reiterate, Hidorian basically can't touch the CK at all except for fake wounds that she can recuperate from instantaneously.)

It was a new pimp in a new bordello. No liberated whore was ever taught the ways of earning a living wage of the value of human dignity. Her eyes were focused on the cieling, shifting to the pillow or the side of the wall depending on the position. It was humiliating, but she was used to it by now.

No longer. The red mark on her chest disappeared, and her eyes glowed red as her entire body froze. The sailor was confused, as was expressed by his facial expression. (This did not stop him from comitting the act he paid good money to perform here, however.) Suddenly, the whore grew a bit taller; a bit stronger. Her skin turned white. A black fluid issued forth from her bosom and hip. The sailor tried to remove himself, but the black liquid surrounded his member and crushed it. The sailor stumbled backwards as the whore stood upright. She was reborn into a new and powerful being. She pointed at the sailor, and her hand turned into a black needle which pierced his heart in an instant.

"Who were those men, whose auras glowed as mine did? No, I cannot allow them to live, nor can I allow them to keep their abilities. Yes, they must perish. But how? Nevermind that, I must move quickly now."

She stormed out of the room she was in, retracting her finger and pointing it out into the hallway. It crept around through the wooden wall, piercing into every used room and killing those therein. She hadn't used all of her powers previously out of arrogance, and would not be outdone next time. The whores began to flee, and as they did, she waited for them at the exit and grazed all of them on their exposed bosoms as they left. They had not taken care to notice while her actions were so swift.

"I will not allow these deeds to be perpetrated."

----

Darixen laid on the ground, thoroughly exhausted. Meteus Rogue looked briefly at the body, but he found nothing but a red fluid. Motes of light had escaped from it, to what destination he could only begin to fathom. Adam had came and went, and now he had Hidorian to worry about.

Previously, Hidorian looked proud and mighty. His spells appeared to be fearsome. Now, however, new thoughts filled Meteus' head. No longer was the House Rogue to be intimidated by a serpentine punk. He created a blade of flame in his palm and leaped at serpent five feet away, dispatching it instantly and effortlessly. He did not want to risk death by pursuing the woman again, but she and her defeat remained in the back of his mind. Hidorian seemed to be less harmful and more of a fool. More of...
a nuisance.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #59
Once more Mahl woke from dreams of terror. It was now light out and the visage that had caused to faint was no where to be seen. The silly troll (Mugwump) apparently had not even seen him.

Mahl started walking back to group, believing that if anything had happened it should be over by now. Mahl picked up a piece of wood just in case however. He ran into Fritti on his way back and asked him why he was away from camp. The elf told him that he had heard some sounds from this way and had decided to investigate. Mahl blushed wishing that he had such a good reason to be away from camp. When Fritti asked him why he was away Mahl muttered something about having to take a dump.

Mahl walked faster than Fritti did and was well and seperated himself from the elf. He did not like others company when he felt so shamed. Fainted! He had fainted! He had to prove himself some how. If only he had that sword that he saw the troll carrying. Then an idea came to him- why not check the camp to see if everyone was there and if they were still alive, he could go check out the dragon cave. Arriving at the fringes of camp he observed that the two main warriors of the group were recuperating from some incredible fight. Mahl decided that they must have killed the dragon. Walking around the camp in the direction of the previous nights battle Mahl picked his way over to the cave and gingerly climbed into the darkness. Regretting that he had not a lamp or any other means to procure light Mahl stumbled along. As he made his way he became aware of a faint reddish light in the direction that he was walking. Hastening his pace he soon arrived at what seemed to be a tunnel made of fire. Mahl, who was still clutching his "club" immediatly had the bright idea of lighting it on fire as a means of exploring the cave. He did so, with some difficulty, and began to explore the cave. He soon came upon the dead dragon and also what appeared to be the parts of a mechanical demon of some sort. Curious Mahl examined the metal skull of the thing.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #60
OOC: Joining. Yeah, my character's weaponry is weird, but I've been reading stuff like it recently. Bottom line, so sue me.

IC: Karn slipped.

He had been quite happy, perched up the tree, watching the battle unfold. What an odd woman. He just thought about how it was going, admiring good attacks and parries.

He had slipped up there when the trouble began, halfway up the tree, on a sturdy branch. Quiet as a mouse. No-one noticed him slip up, that is, if they even noticed he was there, full stop.

He looked at the odd reptilian creature. Weak magic, odd creature. The summoned snakes were being quickly dispatched. The reptile was getting weaker.

Karn was confident that it was soon going to be over. He patted his chair, that he had perched next to him. It had served him well over the years. ....! A squirrel had taken it upon itself to gather twigs and leaves on his chair. Swinging the back of his hand at it, it jumped out of the way, overbalancing the chair.

Desparately grasping, he fell with the chair... right onto the reptile's head, chair first, solidly knocking it unconcious.

"Uhh... hello?"

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #61
Hidorian quickly recovered. He shoved the chair off him, and everyone screamed in fear of Hidorian's frightful appearance. The back of his head was bleeding intensely, and....he appeared to be melting! His jaw suddenly dropped to the ground, connected only by trails of thin slime. "KKKIIILLLLL!!!!" Hidorian yelled. He walked over to Darixen, stretched his melting arms and grabbed Darixen with one and Phiz with the other. His melting tail stretched out and grabbed Karn. "I will die and take all three of you with me!" he exclaimed. His mouth widened as he moved his three prisoners to his mouth. They all shook with fear as they saw his incredibly sharp teeth were about to tear them to shreds. They suddenly, he stopped. All three were thrown at a tree. Hidorian grabbed his head and let out an inhuman shriek. Then he whispered "The curse is broken...". He collapsed into a pile of goo. And out rose a spirit who looked just like Hidorian the reptile. He stared at everyone with extreme anger and burning hatred. Then the spirit screamed and fell through the ground. The goo then sank through the ground, leaving a human in Hidorian's robe and a pike with a diamond head. The rest of Hidorian the reptile's equipment disappeared. The un-cursed Hidorian laid on the ground, with all of Hidorian the reptile's wounds. The remaining serpents shrieked and disappeared.

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #62
Completely OOC:
i have never played an online rpg. how does the system work? for ex: what books do you guys use? dnd or some other, or something i'm unaware of completely? i would like to try one at some point in my life. if i wanted to join, how much of this one is left, how much would i have to read in order to get an understanding of where the party is (not everything it's done)

(don't worry, if i were to play my grammar would be much better)

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #63
OOC: Arrgh! I haven't been able to post for awhile and the story has moved alot. So I'll do the best I can.

IC:
Penny could vaguely recall the events of the night.

While most of the group had settled down to rest, she'd let Kitty out of the bag to hunt and perpared for slumber while one of the warriors guarded.

The next thing she remembered was the angry scream of a woman and the sounds of parrying blades and magic.

Almost-blind as she was, Penny stumbled away from the bloodshed with considerable speed. Not caring where she went.

Then there was that obstacle.

Bang.

Pain.

Blissed-unconciousness.

That was all she remembered. Penny had awoken some time later- she didn't know how long.

Gingerly she touched her head and felt stickiness. Whatever she had hit when falling down had caused a nasty injury.

She cleaned the wound with whatever she could and chewed on some herbs that were known to alleviate pain. Lucky I always have the herbs attached to me somehow. But I don't have any of the prepared stuff on me. Damn! she thought as she sat still.

Soon she let her sensitive hands feel around her. Letting the outside world make itself known.

Cool stone floor.

Rough stone walls.

After that it was all elementary.

....How did I end up in the caves?

OOC: Penny has entered the caves by accident from another entrance, not the main one.

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #64
OOC: There are over several hundreds of ways to play Online RPGs. The one we are doing are merely creating a character and a plot, and run along until the story comes to a (anti)climactic closure of a sort. This one is relativaly short, only going to about 10 pages at most.

Your free to join, since there are still some random NPCs with the main group.

IC:
The darkness cautiously swirled out as the sun beat down upon the warrior. Daylight had sprung, and the camp was cleaned. Darixen's head felt like splitting open; His chest was burning in agony, as his shoulders and legs. "Drink this," said someone he couldn't recognize. His vision still blurry from just waking up, he took the flask and drank in heavily. The taste made him gag for at least four minutes. The nausiating feeling it had while going down made him feel even worse, and the aftertaste made him retch even further. Whatever the tonic was, however, was working like magic. His pains and aches disappeared, the cuts and brusies vanished, and his splitting headache ran. His vision cleared up enough to see Phiz look down on him, an actual look of worry written across his face.

"Master, are you all right?" He questioned. He furrowed his brow and bent down to help Darixen up.

"Yeah, I'll be alright," Darixen replied, still not certain as to what truly happened last night. He looked around with comfort, seeing some other adventurers still here and eating, and some others playing cards. He also noticed Hidorian's cape laying tattered on the ground, and a pale looking man in a bedroll next to it.

"That man," Explained Phiz, "Is none other than Hidorian. He uttered something about a broken curse before he turned into a human." Phiz walked over to the pale man to tend to any wounds. He opened up Darixen's book to Chapter 9: Recuperation after minor battles. Darixen noticed one man, carrying a chair as a weapon talking to some other men he hadn't seen. And then the wood elf. He was standing there all alone, perfect for what he was going to do.

"Hey there!" Darixen shouted going as a slow stroll to Fritti. Fritti didn't even know what hit him, as he was sent sailing through the air with a punch from Darixen's gauntlet. "You thought I didn't see you run away?" Darixen quipped. "And then you come back to try to take the glory? Try reading my book again." He then prepared himself for the cave, completely oblivious that the dragon's heart was already at camp.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #65
"Elves are cowards," said a now-bandaged Meteus. Even if he may have been healed by that strange man Adam, that mage Hidorian still managed to give him a few scrapes with his magic. "I personally would've loved to use him as a meatshield."

Penny, the healer, somehow disappeared from the group, and it seems to have taken quite a toll on the other adventurers; they were lucky that none of the wounds are infected. "I'll be looking for the healer woman," Meteus announced, before heading off back to the cave. "With the kind of fighting just now, she should be hiding inside something."

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #66
Fritti lay where he had fallen on the ground listening to the others talking. Maybe coming back wasn't such a good idea after all. But then, he had known that already. Still, a bit of groveling, doing all the dirty work, that should make him welcome again. Or he could just run away again. He started waying his options. In the end, he decided staying was more worth it. He got up and decided to get everybody's real names.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #67
An elegant woman walked out of town towards the party of warriors. She stopped and spoke to the only one she could see who was not severly wounded. Her golden hair fell in front of her face as she spoke.
"What happened here?"

The herbalist spoke "A pitched battle. Much magic was involved. Apparently, a woman who was completely amorphous was slaughtering them, then just disappeared."

The woman's golden eyes lit up at the last sentence "Is there anyone who was involved I could talk to?"

"That man over there, Mateus, he saw her firsthand."

The woman walked over to the man the herbalist had spoken of.

"You are Mateus?"

"I am. Who are you?"

"My name is Enohra. I need to ask you about the woman you fought last night. What did she look like and wear?"

"Well, she was excedingly pale, wore very little. Black strips of cloth, pretty much."

"Are you planning on engaging her?"

"Yes, why?"

"I know that woman. I have sworn a vow to defeat her. I must travel with you."

"Very well. Can you fight?"

Without saying a word, Ehnora unfurled her wings and drew a shiming blade from her side in a fraction of a second.

"Yes, I can."

OOC: Ehnora is not an angel. Her fsther was human, but her mother was a celestial. This grants her most of the celestial powers, but she acn also be brought back to life if she dies, etc..

[ Friday, November 05, 2004 10:25: Message edited by: The Paladin Izzannor ]

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #68
The armored troll grabbed him by the arms pinning him. The black armored troll roared "What is the meaning of this", spittle flying from his jaw.

Mugwump tensed. He did not know what to say.

The troll stared into his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

Mugwump went "uhh, trying to stay alive."

Troll, "You are impinging on our border outpost. I should have you chained and put to work with the other slaves."

Mugwump raised his right hand. A large gold seal ring with the face of medusa was on his third finger. It was his invisibility ring unactivated.

The trolls eyes widened. "What is a noble of the house medusa doing wandering in the insect jungles?"

Mugwump, straightened. "Heading toward home."

The armored troll muttered under his breath. He thought it is bad to have troll nobility around. If anything should happen to this trespasser, he would by flayed then immersed in a bed of acid.

He said. "There is a patrol coming in with fresh slaves from the conquest of the Nepharim village of High Mousekin. I expect you to be leaving when it arrives. Is that clear. You may stay in the guest quarters until they arrive."

"One more thing, declare any contraband. Trolls have been bringing outland poison into our realms. The punishment is chaining on the work gangs for not less than six months. Do you have any gremlin wine, poppy shrooms, skribbane, soporific herbs, or pixie dust upron your person?"

The alien beast started sniffing at him. Mugwump looked at it from the corner of his eyes. It had five rows of teeth, six clawed legs, and huge red glowing eyes. A black serpentine tongue lolled from its mouth.

Mugwump said "no" picking up his sack and heading for a small room in the corner of the tower. He slid the invisibility ring on top of the sack and twisted it. The sack became invisible and he slid it under the raised cot. He closed the door, barred it and pushed a chair against it. Then fell into a deep slumber.

Outside the insect jungle lay in wait. The trolls cracked the whips on the iron collared nepharim slaves as they cleared the jungle around the tower.

Several guards stood at the top of the tower. Peering out in the darkness looking for signs of an imminent attack. Recently, the aranea had allied themselves with null bugs, intelligent fire ants, and giant intelligent mantises. They could come pouring out of the jungle at any time.

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #69
OOC: Eeeh...Penny isn't exactly with the party currently.

IC: Feeling her way along the wall, Penny made her way around the caverns. The passage she had ended up in was quite narrow and if she were two inches taller the herbalist would have hit her head at least ten times already.

The passage eventually opened out into a much larger cavern. The way she found this out however was when she reach out to grabbed the wall and found nothing but empty space.

Doing a frantic impression of a windmill Penny righted herself and froze. Although she was mostly blind she could tell the difference between light and dark and in the large dark of the cave was a patch of light.

And it was moving.

What have I got myself into?

<><><>

Meanwhile back at camp, Penny's cat had returned from hunting squirrels and found it's two-legger was no longer there.
Annoyed at these developments (It's two-legger had catnip on her person) Kitty sulked about in the way cats do and watched the funny bird-women show the other two-leggers her sharp pointy thing.

Boring the cat sniffed as it investigated the cooking pot.

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #70
"Well. I never expected this. But if those people wish to help me more than I had previously anticipated, more power to me, I suppose."

----

"Woman, you look like a vampire in that cloak. Why do you pray?"

The woman showed her pale white fingers as she pulled down the hood of her robe, revealing her pale white face. "Why are there no men here?"

The priestess canted her head and braced her waist with a frail arm and scowled. "Men hold nothing as being holy anymore. Is it weak of us to pray, ma'am?"

A frail being, lithe by emasculation and ematiation, skirted over to the two of them. "You know, I know how to change things. I can help you. I want to change things." The woman in black seemed shocked.

"You. You and I, we are of the same skin. I thought I was the only one." She reached out a hand to touch him. It stretched its hand out, but let her grasp it. It was neither an apparition nor a beast. It was a gentleman, thought she.

"My name is Rivartate. You, I presume, are the Cavern Knight?" She nodded in complete astonishment. It shook its head and said, "It is not a name fitting to you. You will be called Neumacht Josei." She scratched her head. It chuckled. "Don't ask me to explain. Just follow me."

She stopped and let go of him. "Are there any others like us two out there?" asked she. It nodded. "There is Adam." She nodded. "So that's the name of the one with the club." It raised an eyebrow in confusion. "The one with the club? Adam must want you dead badly to have created simulacra. And understandably so, since you have discovered yourself so early. I had always assumed that Daggerhome would not be so careless... But that's neither here nor--"

The priestess interjected. "What are you two saying? Please, inform me." Both of them turned towards her and took a good look into her eyes. Josei frowned out of pity, but Revartate smiled with ambition. "You. Are you skilled in the clerical arts?" asked Revartate. She nodded.

"Irony makes the sharpest edge. Come with me and men will be holy again." She nodded feebly. It put a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her before turning towards the exit with her in tow. Josei followed shortly thereafter. The Cathedral was closed.

----

"It is time to fight Daggerhome and defend history from the nihilists. All things will come to a circle, and when they do, I will be at its core. I will rule."

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #71
Mugwump snored deeply. Outside the slaves gathered the richness of the jungle floor. Healing herbs, greymold, and toadstools grew in abundance. Giant insect chitin was found occassionally which would shaped into bowls, boxes, and bangles. Some of the heavier chitin would be fire hardened, painted, and varnished then added as an outer layer to heavy chainmail.

Giant mushrooms and ferns were cleared from the path. Sometimes a darkwood tree would be felled, the chosen wood for troll bows. Occassionally a jewel beetle would be found and put in a small cage to be sold to troll children.

The slaves remained ever vigilant watching for giant insects coming from their jungle as well as their masters.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #72
OOC: Sorry, Milla, I haddn't read the post fully enough.

IC: "So, how much do you know about this woman?" Mattaeus asked Ehnora.

"Very little, save she killed my mother and sister. And..." Ehnora stopped. She was going to tell them that she was linked to this abomination somehow, but stopped.

"And what?"

"Nothing... I do know however, that she is nearby. How wounded are your companions?"

"Pretty badly, I'm afraid. Darixen, the one with the plate armor and mace, was raging last night, and he fought her while in his rage."

Ehnora went over and sat next to Darixen, who was in visible pain. His head had a large gash, and his chest was bandaged, though blood sept through and was easily visible. He turned his head to face this new companion.

"Who... Where... Wha-..."

Darixen's eyes were flitting around, trying to make sense of what he saw.

"Darixen, tell me what you fought last night."

"Who are you?"

"I am Ehnora Starbeam. Please, tell me what you saw."

"It... was a woman. She could morph her arms into anything she pleased. We cut her to pieces, but she just reformed."

"May I see the wounds on your chest?"

Darixen unrapped the bandages, and she could see black wounds. thye were bleeding profusely, and there was a blck, pulsing mass in each one.

"It's worse than I thought. Please sit still"

Ehnora closed her eyes and touched Darixen's chest. Her hands started to glow, and The black things wiggled out of Darixen. They formed into an amourphous, bubbling mass. Ehnora muttered something again, and they turned to dust.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #73
(OOC: Not to intrude, but you sorta don't know enough about the gal to be "linked" with her. If your character was any different, I wouldn't allow it, but as it stands, I'll let it go. And I can tell you for a fact that she would not have killed your mother or sister. I suppose it makes sense in this instance, but still... And BTW, Darixen's wounds ain't black, they're normal, except his blood is glowing slightly is all. This isn't a condition you can get rid of.)

----

The three, Rivartate, Josei and Seele the priestess, were walking down a forested path. "Neumacht..." said Rivartate, slightly irritated. It stopped.

"What is it?" asked Josei. She was perplexed at the sudden interjection, as was Seele.

It scowled and said, "You ejected it to become who you are. I know that you don't remember this, nor do you remember Daggerhome or Adam or anyone else, but it has regained consciousness and is looking to hunt you down. I pray you know how to defeat it, Neumacht."

Josei gave a look of confusion and scratched her head. "What do you mean? I ejected what?" she asked in befuddlement.

Rivartate shook its head. "We were traveling to hunt down Adam's simulacra, but with her there, we cannot possibly win. We must go north."

Seele interjected. "But nothing lies north of here, save for the endless plains of tundra and steppes! We will surely die."

Rivartate grinned. "Priestess, we will persevere, I guarantee it. We have free passage deep into the realms of Daggerhome."

"Daggerhome again!" shouded Josei. "What is this Daggerhome? Where is it? And why should I care?"

"The northern tip of the world is the top of a majestic tower. That is the gate which leads into Daggerhome. We will descend below the ice, below the floor of the ocean, and further into darkness where the only glow will come from ourselves. We will reach the core of the planet. We will find Adam's source of power and steal it, and we will rule fairly. Do you understand?" said Rivartate, fully aware that they did not and disappointed by it.

Seele stared absentmindedly. Josei nodded with an equally blank expression. Rivartate chuckled. "No use for you to know everything now," said it, "but we must adjust our course. This upcoming fork in the road will lead us north. We will privateer a ship in the port city on this isle's coast and we will make our way for the north pole."

The two women proceeded blindly with no idea where they were going, while Rivartate led them on merilly. Off they went to the not-too-distant city of Weldtgrenze in the province of Abbau.

----

"I must stop them. They will wage war on Daggerhome, and unless I can bring more strong men into my fold as quickly as possible, it will all be for naught. They will slay their dialectic dragon and prosper with its metaphysical spoils, but only if they move quickly. I must get as many as close to the core as I can before they reach it."

[ Sunday, November 07, 2004 11:54: Message edited by: Roger Fickmann ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #74
OOC: it's METEUS ROUGE! dah... oh, and Meteus should really be looking for Penny.

IC:
"If y'all will be fine, I shall leave," Meteus told the two. "If I'm not back in a while, go look around in the dragon caves."

Leaving Darixen et al in care of the strange bird-woman, he left for the cave, somehow sensing a disturbance in the forces of fire deep within. Apparently to him, it came from the far side, and on a hunch he went that way.

This unexplored cave was quite dark, but stable. With a flaming knife to light the way, he moved on.

Eventually Meteus spotted some figure standing in the distance as if stunned. He took a look forward, and saw that he was right - something strange was indeed cooking up inside the cave. Some creation of fire, that even he had not previously seen.

And some of it was slowly approaching the figure. On an impulse, Meteus ran forward to help - it was Penny, the herbalist! He threw his knife such that it would ricochet off the wall, and skirt across the floor to slow down the advance of the advancing spawn. The mage warrior grabbed her by the waist, and forced her onto the ground just in time to dodge an incoming wave of purely magical fire.

"You'll be fine," Meteus said to her as he looked up to make sure it was safe to get up. "It's me, Meteus. We have to get out of here as quickly as possible."

Nodding in the direction of the voice, the herbalist nodded, before being helped back up by Meteus. "Now run outside," Meteus shouted. "Quickly!"

She ran, not looking back, as Meteus looked on to make sure the path was safe for someone nearly blind like her. In doing so, he barely had time to brace himself for another wave of fire.

Upon hearing the burning sounds behind her, Penny looked back, dreading the possibility of the one that found her, burnt to death. Instead, there was only smoke rising from Meteus' body.

Purely magical spawns of fire... intriguing! Meteus acknowledged. Not wasting another second, he turned back, and ran out of the cave with Penny...

[ Sunday, November 07, 2004 13:05: Message edited by: Wisemanism: the Religion ]

--------------------

Pages