How to raise money?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How to raise money?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Can legally. Can't practically. Hush.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #26
Have you asked around at any of your local businesses? There has to be a job opportunity somewhere. Of course if all else fails there is always....BLACKMAIL! :)

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #27
Thanks for pointing that out I have had a bad day but still if you can't get a handle on "No one will hire me" the really don't deserve to live.

[ Monday, September 27, 2004 15:52: Message edited by: The rightful owner of 5000 ]

--------------------
Post count 446 + Current.
--------------------
I am Dolney, A guy with some level of grammar and The rightful owner of 5000.
--------------------
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather watch grainy video of cheerleaders being introduced to lesbianism." -Jeff Vogel
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #28
Dolney, TGM's comment was directed at zellie, not at you.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #29
Well quit whining and face it... there's no way to make money in this world without working for it.

(Save me the aristocrat answers... he's a 15 year old kid)

People don't just hand out money. If I had money to hand out, I would. But I don't. And not too many people do.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
DS, Dolney has repeatedly stated that although he's quite willing to work, he's unable to find any.

Be fat and pompous somewhere else, please.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #31
My friend and I are going to do tutoring We will probably get some business with both of us having 150+ IQs. We will do several car washes. We may also do some other fund raisers. Some of this or maybe all is a repeat so... yeah.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather watch grainy video of cheerleaders being introduced to lesbianism." -Jeff Vogel
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #32
1) If this is affiliated to a group you could set up a raffle. Buy tickets to win a prize. Proceeds are to help us go on a trip.

2) Second game. This is like a raffle. Buy tickets to get a guess. Get a large clear round glass candy jar fill it with gumballs. Sell tickets to guess the number of gum balls.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #33
I would like to point out that this is not a group activity its for school but no group. There for the charity type angle dosen't work. I may be able to have a raffle but what prize and where could I host it?

[ Tuesday, September 28, 2004 13:49: Message edited by: The rightful owner of 5000 ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by The rightful owner of 5000:

My friend and I are going to do tutoring We will probably get some business with both of us having 150+ IQs.
Are you going to advertise on the basis of your IQ? I'm sure that would go over well. :rolleyes:

Note that there isn't necessarily any correlation between IQ and tutoring ability.

[ Thursday, September 30, 2004 04:51: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #35
Not that there's much correlation between IQ and anything at all.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #36
No I wouldn't go by IQ was just a short way of saying we are smart.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
150+% IQ? Why do you still post here? I'm so dumb I've only 135, and even I wonder why I spend so much time on this board!

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #38
Probably because he's lying.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #39
150+ IQ qualifies you to genius status. I doubt there's any of those here.

Hmmmm, I wonder what a perfect score on an IQ test is.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #40
I was tested when I was six. In the parts I didn't fail utterly (the test bored me), I think I was ballpark of 200.

I continue to maintain that IQ is an irrelevant measure; it's like all tests in that doing well on it requires you to be both smart and good at tests. A genius who is awful at tests will do as well as a normal person who is great at them, which makes it an irrelevant measure of intellectual potential.

Vigorous IQ tests should not have a maximum; but I think the limits are somewhere around 300 and 50. 300s only, in statistical terms, come around once in human history or so, and much lower than 50 and you generally don't have the capacity to complete the test.

[ Thursday, September 30, 2004 14:43: Message edited by: Fear Uncertainty and Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #41
My IQ was about 200 when I was tested at the age of 10, although I've heard that very high IQs tend to decrease to saner levels with age.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #42
IQ means nothing in terms of intelligence.

But I say that only because I have a horrendously low IQ. Like, lower than most people I know. Like, people who wear trucker hats at 70 dollars a piece. <3

[ Thursday, September 30, 2004 15:00: Message edited by: Mewse ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #43
Well, keep in mind IQ is a quotient. The average will always be 100; if it isn't, then the value of 100 needs to be changed.

Thurly has told me several times that Goethe may be retroactively ranked as history's highest IQ, but that at the time there was simply less to know. How much knowledge makes you knowledgeable changes over the years.

As a result, someone with an IQ of 90 today might be better at certain intellectual operations (using a computer, for example) than an IQ 200 from 150 years ago. It's simply a measurement of your intellectual skill and breadth as compared to your contemporaries.

This is also why IQs often peak very high in younger people and trail off from there. If you're precocious as a 7-year-old, it's very easy to utterly outclass your peers, because the measurements are smaller. An IQ point for a 7-year-old represents much less than one for a 27-year-old.

IQ is not a raw measure of intelligence. Such a thing is probably not possible, because it's extremely difficult to measure intelligence in a way that accounts for different fields of expertise. In addition, tests can never show how well you apply your knowledge to life.

Genius isn't really properly measured with IQ, either. Genius doesn't mean "really smart" -- it's not an incremental change from regular intelligence.

Most definitions of 'genius' include the concept of creativity. It's not enough to know a lot of stuff. Genius is a trancendental skill which, combined with sufficient knowledge, has great creative power. To be a genius, you have to create, not just know.

I've never taken an IQ test, but I know a lot of people who have. Often, it results in 17-year-olds who, even though they're in remedial math, are still convinced they're great intellects because they scored 150 in pre-school.

[ Thursday, September 30, 2004 15:21: Message edited by: Andrea ]

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:

Probably because he's lying.
Actually I'm not we were tested with a real one. The ones you take on the internet aren't accurate I got a 168 on the emode one and thats supposed to be the most accurate.

85 - 114 Average Pupils at junior high school
115 - 124 Above average Pupils at senior high school
125 - 134 Gifted University graduates
135 - 144 Highly gifted Intellectuals
145 - 154 Genius Professors
155 - 164 Genius Nobel Prize Winners
165 - 179 High genius
180 - 200 Highest genius
>200 "Unmeasurable" genius

Oh yes and I wanted to add that yes the highest belived IQ was Johann Wolfgang von Goethe at 210.

[ Thursday, September 30, 2004 16:06: Message edited by: The rightful owner of 5000 ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
On what basis do you proclaim that Emode is the best? I know the site makes the claim, but I wouldn't trust a company's own advertising, especially on such a subjective matter.

Furthermore, I hope the rubric given isn't from the site. IQ tests don't measure your intelligence relative to everyone, you see. It compares you with others of your age. (That's the quotient part: mental age divided by real age, with real age stopped at an arbitrary number so adults don't become progressively stupider.)

And yes, children are able to reach ridiculous IQ levels. Differences in development speed mean that some children are very "stupid" for their age, while others are extremely "smart." This tends to balance out as everyone levels off at peak mental capacity.

—Alorael, who hasn't taken an IQ test and has no interest in taking one. If he finds that he has a high IQ, he'll be insufferably arrogant for the next few decades and everyone will hate him. If he finds that he has a low IQ, he'll lower his expectations for himself and be insufferably arrogant because he functions so well despite the handicap of stupidity. No, IQ is pretty much worthless in the real world.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #46
I've never met anyone smarter than me that I know of. but that is because I have forgotten everyone that I have ever met. One thing that I have noticed is that I tend to do things the wrong way.
That is to say, I do things in the fashion opposite of the accepted norm. For example, I work in contruction with my father, who is pretty smart. He has his way of doing things, and I think of better ways to do them, which he won't do, and doesn't want me to do. But I do them anyway.

I have taken an IQ test long ago, but I don't know what I got. I was enrolled in a gifted and talented program at school based on the results, but so where some other persons who are slightly smarter than lukewarm spaghetti. I thought about seeing about joining mensa, but what's the point? I'm not really accustommed to conversing with smart people, so I don't think I would fit in. I do know that I am better at taking tests than the average person, so that would probably affect the outcome of an IQ test.

(i do not count any of you persons as people I have met.)

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #15 Wash your hands!!

That's skrange.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP, cleanfast productions co, inc)(Dgjzxachk)(Lord Pibble)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #47
IQ tests have a short and disturbing history. They originated out of army placement testing (if you tested highly, they trained you to be a general, and if you tested lower, they trained you to be a grunt) and were adopted quite enthusiastically by the eugenics movement shortly thereafter.

Maximums and minimums depend on the test. The Stanford-Benet, for instance, has a maximum of 200, my mom informs me.

IQ after a certain point loses its original meaning. It is supposed to be your mental age divided by your chronological age as a percent -- hence "quotient." This makes sense for children: a child of age 8 with the supposed mental age of a 16-year-old would have an IQ of 200. But a person at age 20 with an IQ of 200 would have the mental age of... a 40-year-old? That makes little sense.

Standardized testing as a measure of intelligence is a bizarre and horribly problematic measure, anyway. Virtually all intelligence tests ever designed show statistical bias based on race, ethnicity, income, and gender, among other things, but there is no evidence to show that these results on standardized tests show actual differences in intelligence.

IQ tests then remind me of SAT tests, because the two are evil cousins, and I have a whole rant on them that I'll save you. Suffice it to say that I work for the Princeton Review teaching SAT prep classes, and the SAT is a horribly bad test. And the new SAT for March '05 and later is even worse.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #48
Conversing with smart people is very similar to conversing with idiots. It is people who perceive "class", who "talk different" and judge people based on it. These people are known as damnible fools.

The point of an IQ test is not what you answered to the questions, but instead, how you answer them. These "multiple choice" tests nowadays are just stupid.

And besides, some people test very well, some don't. It's no measure of intelligence nor IQ. All it does is promotes adversity and pointlessness.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #49
I'm saying IQ tests are "accurate" they just test a wide range of things. Also I though I herd that emode was the most accurate on a news program could be mistaken though.

I have always been gifted in the reading feild (except spelling) I actually got the school record on our standardized testing in 3rd or 4th grade.

You could never tell I was really smart on a computer though because like alot of people we pretend we are something we are not on the internet with out knowing it.

Perhaps I do well on IQ tests because I am exteramly good at useles trivia. Okay now if we could can we get to the money?

EDIT: Oh and also that could add to it I have never failed a test in my life unlike my friend who chokes.

[ Friday, October 01, 2004 12:21: Message edited by: The rightful owner of 5000 ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------

Pages