How to raise money?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How to raise money?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #50
Ahhhh, this topic might be evolving into a different subject:

What's everyone's average grade in school?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #51
School? What's this school thing I keep hearing about?

No, seriously, I don't know what the actualese speak is for the marking system my school (before I became Home Ed) had, but my grades would be somewhere around A2. First being achievement, second being effort. Practically speaking, maths, IT, psych and related subjects, about degree level, the rest is mixed between A-Level and GCSE areas. My reading and writing levels were off the scale last time I was tested. Sense no makes.

And Dolney, over here, it is nigh-on physically impossible to fail exams. They're too easy. Dumbing down really does exist.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #52
Pimp your sister.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #53

Browna powa.

I got a 100 in English last year. This means I am extremely good at writing charming paragraphs about acceptable interests and mounting them on project board. With illustrations. Of me and my pals skateboarding, or whatever. ^____^

[ Friday, October 01, 2004 16:09: Message edited by: Mewse ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by burglar ben:

Ahhhh, this topic might be evolving into a different subject:

What's everyone's average grade in school?

Two point four.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #55
I had a weighted GPA of 4.68 in high school.

In college so far (two years), I believe I'm at 2.87 or so.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #56
Don't talk rubbish, FBM. 30% of my year is not expected to get five A-C grades, and we're the best year the school has ever had. To say that the exams are nigh on impossible to fail makes me believe that you read the Daily Mail far, far too much.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #57
Generally, FBM's politics and quality of character suggests that he uses the Daily Mail as masturbatory material.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by Wholly Halfhearted:
I had a weighted GPA of 4.68 in high school.
:eek:

4.00 is the best you can get; its considering you always got A's in every class. Or did you mean 3.68?

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #59
Weighting for honors and AP classes increases that.

Not that you'd know.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #60
I generally loathe the older method of calculating high school GPA, namely weighting honors and APs with a full 1.0 grade point and usually (depending on the school) ignoring pluses and minuses. By that system, an A- in an AP class is a 5.0. By the newer system (weighting with 0.3 and counting pluses and minuses), it's a 4.0.

The advantage of the latter system is that it takes into account whether you took harder classes, but not so seriously that it skews your entire GPA. By that method, I had a 4.08 GPA in high school. By the older method, I had a 4.4 or something like that.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #61
well, GPA doesn't exist where i live, so my actual average (in %) in my last year of school was something like... 80, 81, 82... one of those. so yea, i'm much dumber than the rest of you academically.

EDIT: i BELIEVE this translates to A-, IIRC.

[ Saturday, October 02, 2004 15:35: Message edited by: Wisemanism: the Religion ]

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #62
Eh, my high school (in which any semester grade over a 90 is counted as 4.00 GPA) only offers 2 AP classes for the time being. Hopefully there's more by the time I'm a senior.

Anyway, I'm averaging a 95 or 96 in my first four and a half weeks of high school. Still got a long way to go.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Don't talk rubbish, FBM. 30% of my year is not expected to get five A-C grades, and we're the best year the school has ever had.
And the award for putting your foot in your mouth goes to:

I said that failing your exams is nigh-on impossible. A D is not a fail, muppeteer. If I remember correctly, it is either an F or G that is a failing mark.

So, in conclusion, Withoutabix.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #64
:eek:

G?!?!

I though the worst you could do was an F. Some schools are so weird. But then again, maybe its just the counteraction for overachievers who want more than a 4 GPA.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #65
I think this is just the Brits being wacky, ben.

[ Sunday, October 03, 2004 13:59: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #66
I don't think either Morgan or FBM are American. I also don't know what FBM is ranting about this time.

Up coherence levels and restate, please.

—Alorael, who is not a member of the Gas Processing Association. He can't help you with your GPA needs.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #67
I never finished high school, but then I have a masters degree. Figure that one out if you can. I think my IQ is 0 but it could be immeasurable. Lets get back to the topic of doing a raffle.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #68
FBM sort of speaks in his own language. I like to call it Blithering British Moron.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #69
I'm right at a 3.0, and my school doesn't have weighted grades.

Oh, how I wish my school had weighted grades. -_-

Rosy- are you even in high school? I wasn't sure that 95% averages were difficult to get in grades 1-8. (Not that you likely won't do well in high school- it's just that I got superhigh grades in K1-8, so I never had to worry about pesky things like homework or studying. And then came HS.)

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #70
While an E grade may technically count as a pass, FBM, you know full well that it doesn't actually count for anything unless you get C or above.

If you're going to follow those guidelines to pass rates, the only thing that isn't a pass is a U grade. More sensible people, of which Daily Mail readers do not count as, would generally agree that if you do not get one of the top four grades, it does not count.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #71
The mark may not count for anything, but it still isn't a fail, which was my point to start off with.

And as for the Daily Mail, while, to my limited knowledge concerning it, it does seem to print too many stories concerning the so-called "failing education system", I do not read it unless I am suffering from sheer boredom, in which case I would normally go for the Guardian first, nor does what it print reflect upon the people who read it. Even you should know that.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #72
Just because you've passed doesn't mean you haven't failed.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #73
L - 10
E - 9
M - 8
C - 7
B - 6
A - 5
I - 4

I think my average's somewhere between C and M.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #74
U.S. colleges will generally unweigh grades anyway, so I don't know that a weighted GPA does much for you.

I've had solid B+/A- marks throughout my academic career (maximum return for minimum effort), though a bit more on the A-side of things in my grad program. Now I'm trying to get into law school - the real world's just not for me, or at least not yet.

EDIT: My unasked-for advice to everyone still in school is to get all A's, if possible. Doing so will a.) open more doors in the future in general, b.) make college much, much cheaper, and c.) open more career doors, making it easier to find a job doing something you enjoy and more money while you're at it. If I could go back in time and change anything about myself, it would be that.

[ Monday, October 04, 2004 06:05: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]

Pages