Peaches and Ice Cream

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Peaches and Ice Cream
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #0
I am going to eat some Blue Bell (C) homemade ice cream for my midnight snack now. I would invite you all to join me for a bowl, but they don't sell Blue Bell where you're from. It is good stuff.

any regional deserts I should be on the lookout for in your regions?

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #15 Wash your hands!!

That's skrange.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP, cleanfast productions co, inc)(Dgjzxachk)(Lord Pibble)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Tim Tams are the best chocolate biscuit in the world. I believe they're available in America now, although possibly under a different name. Of course, they probably have corn syrup in them over there instead of real sugar, so it sucks to be you anyway.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #2
Well, I still have some Pocky left over from my visit to Japan this summer...

Wait, no. I'm keeping that as a memento so I can get it out when I'm fifty-something and it'll be all covered with mold, and...

On second thought, never mind. Commence the mindless self-indulgence!

*Is actually waiting to show off to his cousins, who will be soo jealous. ^.^*

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 21:09: Message edited by: Maveriq ]

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Warrior
Member # 3804
Profile #3
I second the tim tams all the way!
As for lending them to America, we have to give them something in return for oreos don't we? :P

--------------------
"This......is a TREE! What's it for?" -Exile III
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #4
I vote for Mammai (I think thats how its spelled I really have no idea) from Finland. I have never been to Finland myself, but my grandmother brought some over about 4 years ago. It looks like regurgitated (dunno about the spelling on that either) crap (literally, like poo) but its d$@# good.

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #5
It's called "Mämmi" here in the frozen tundra.

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #6
And it's horrible. ^^

Also, Jaffa-cookies all the way!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #7
Mustaa makkaraa ja salmiakkikossua perkele!

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
Berger cookies. Half inch of chocolate piled on a shortbread cookie. My sisters started(and all of the rest of us followed) calling them crack cookies because they're really addictive.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
Huckleberry pie.
Cheesecake.
Frosted Sugar Cookies.
Sprees.
Tic Tacs.
Chocolate covered grasshoppers. (No, just kidding.) :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #10
Squirrel
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #11
I don't like Jaffa cookies...
And I just can't seem to think of any regional stuff, exepct for "Leiv Vidars" hot dogs...

EDIT: And yes, they can be used as a desert.

[ Saturday, September 18, 2004 10:51: Message edited by: StD ]

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #12
Hmmm... I have several favorite deserts. Nutella, with some ice cream is one. I don't think it is regional though. And Spanikopida, or Banitsa (I dont know if I am spelling those right) with either chocolate or apple filling hits the spot as well. Yummy...

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by StD:

And I just can't seem to think of any regional stuff, exepct for "Leiv Vidars" hot dogs...

Hahaha. Sweden.

Regional deserts... I'd have to put Ben & Jerry's at the top of the list, but I'm not sure how big of an area the word "regional" describes. The business was almost started in my town, though, so I suppose that's close enough. My own homemade ice cream is quite good, too, as is my dad's, but it isn't produced fast enough to sell. Too much competition, too.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Tim Tams are the best chocolate biscuit in the world. I believe they're available in America now, although possibly under a different name. Of course, they probably have corn syrup in them over there instead of real sugar, so it sucks to be you anyway.
Cookies usually have sugar in them. Corn syrup is for beverages and cheap candy.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

quote:
Originally written by StD:

Hahaha. Sweden.

Regional deserts... I'd have to put Ben & Jerry's at the top of the list, but I'm not sure how big of an area the word "regional" describes. The business was almost started in my town, though, so I suppose that's close enough. My own homemade ice cream is quite good, too, as is my dad's, but it isn't produced fast enough to sell. Too much competition, too.

Sweden what? The Jaffa cookies?

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #16
Sweet potatoe pie, also is good, from here. I like it better than pumpkin pie. What are Jaffa cookies?

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #15 Wash your hands!!

That's skrange.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP, cleanfast productions co, inc)(Dgjzxachk)(Lord Pibble)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #17
Tim Tams do indeed reign supreme in the cookie/biscuit world. You can ship them by the case to the US, but as far as I know, they aren't regularly available. I'll never forget my first Tim Tam Slam - delicious!

In terms of all desserts the world over, I'd have to go with genuine Italian gelatti - probably the most heavenly substance I've ever consumed, created by a people who know about eating well.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #18
a Jaffa cookie:

IMAGE(http://ffp.uku.fi/pics/food/bread-jaffakeksi.jpg)

Filled with marme(/a(?))lade, of course (orange, raspberry, you name it ^^).

[ Monday, September 20, 2004 05:43: Message edited by: Quaristimanwisti Suramisu Hikikawa ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #19
Yeah, know... I never liked sweet things like fruit on cookies, plain chocolate is better.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #20
I'm not terribly keen on biscuits - diabetes tends to mean that your sweet tooth declines due to a less sugary diet. However, as far as desserts go I would put in a word for Greek yoghurt. It's actually eaten at breakfast, but it's undeniably got more in common with a dessert, particularly when draped in honey. And it's delicious.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #21
True Cornish fudge is absolutely double diamond. Literally a case of 'accept no imitations'. However many posers there are out there claiming to be real Cornish, only start to trust it if, in fact, instead of really chewy, stick-to-the-top of your mouth style of stuff, but also if it is slightly crunchy aswell.

It's hard to explain, but the exact texture is unrepeatable.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #22
Diabetes is a pain, BtI, but it really shouldn't limit you any more than common sense would limit any other human being. I have found very few things to be too sweet.

Type 1, I assume? How many people have you slaughtered for acting upon the assumption that you're allergic to sugar? If that notion were removed from every head, my life would be so much more enjoyable...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #23
http://engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=picklelemon.jpg&category=Chocolate&date=1997-02-18

I've been wondering what one of these tastes like, or if it's even safe to eat. Note the complete lack of chocolate on the candy itself. =^.^=

As for favorite snacks...well, I enjoy cookies, of course. Especially ones with various types of chocolate and mint baked into them. Bonus points for macedemia nuts. I've also been known to enjoy mint, cookie dough and rocky road ice cream and Pop-Tarts. =^.^=;

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by I Would Pay Your Wergild:

However, as far as desserts go I would put in a word for Greek yoghurt. It's actually eaten at breakfast, but it's undeniably got more in common with a dessert, particularly when draped in honey. And it's delicious.
Yeah. I went to a Greak restaurant a few weeks ago and they served Greak Yoghurt with honey and almonds and some fruits as a desert. Hm. I love it! Now I'm looking for a shop where I can buy Greak Yoghurt in Germany. Seems not to be easy.

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more

Pages