Peaches and Ice Cream

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Peaches and Ice Cream
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #25
Yes, type 1. Do I really seem like I've hit 40?

I may not be allergic to sugar but eating large amounts of it is a bad idea and I much prefer just to minimise its impact on my diet than to eat as much of it as I might once have done (which was never very much) and have to try and fail to vary my insulin dosage to maintain normal levels. And I now find I do not enjoy the taste of some sweet things such as chocolate half as much as I once did.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #26
Desserts, by and large, given that the wonders of sweets, chocolate or ice cream have never graced my lips, thus leading to my sweet tooth being grossly undeveloped, are fairly irrelevant to me.

My idea of a good dessert is a nice, exotic cheese.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #27
Chocolate made from ground cacao seeds.

Roughly caffeine-equivalent of two-fisted chugging a pair of full coffee pots, I am told, but also wicked tasty if made right.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #28
You don't have to be old to have type 2. A twelve-year-old girl at the camp I worked at this summer had type 2 diabetes. She was also 250+ pounds, but hey.

Are you on the pump? I've found that it allows me far more freedom and keeps my blood sugar relatively stable no matter how much I eat. You're right, minimizing sugar (and fat) intake is the easiest way to do it, but it's not quite as enjoyable. Not that cutting down on sugar is a bad thing, of course, but diabetics shouldn't have to cut down on it any more than anyone else should.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #29
The pump? Never heard of it. Just the standard four injections a day.

Besides, I would prefer and frequently do just to eat two or three helpings of my main meal than to have a dessert. A fun evening for me is eating half a saucepan of leftover chilli con carne.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by I Would Pay Your Wergild:

The pump? Never heard of it. Just the standard four injections a day.
It's a continuous infusion pump that constantly delivers small amounts of insulin. It's been around for a while now. It's also very expensive (several thousand dollars).

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #31
Actually, I'm pretty sure mine was free, with insurance and all. The supplies cost you, but so do syringes. It's worth looking into, I think, although I also know people who have looked at the pump, some who tried it, and couldn't care less. I prefer it to injections, but you have to make the decision yourself.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #32
Personally, I have no desire to spend several thousands pounds on such a device (for in Britain, it would be so) when the national health service gives me my insulin and delivery service free. Then again, if you get yours for free, good luck to you. I'm still happy to stick with injections.

[ Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:22: Message edited by: I Would Pay Your Wergild ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #33
.....They sell Blue Bell here in Alabama...

--------------------
I am the apidimy of seven sausages.
The Abyss DEAD.
TEH EVOL STRAWBERY When fruit fights back.
End of World We're definitely going to blow ourselves up.

Pages