Sigh.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sigh.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #0
I decided to become more active on this forum again, and read a random topic.

Then I read this discussion:

quote:
Guys,

I was away for a bit, during which they disabled polling. WHY did they do that? I haven't quite managed to piece it together yet from all of the vague mentions to it.

You-Know-Who

————

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP

Nobody cares about polls except for gormless neophytes.

--------------------

They did it because they wanted to. Or because of hard drive space reasons. Topic locked. Yeah.

Sigh. This only confirms my suspicion that this forum is slowly destroying itself and chasing off all its' members.
Is this forum really infested by swearing idiots and ruled by mindless tyrants?

Threaten to ban me if you want. Ban me if you want. I'm used to both the tyrannous threatment and the idea that there is no democracy in this forum at all.

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 06:31: Message edited by: Mind ]
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #1
> Is this forum really infested by swearing idiots and ruled by mindless tyrants?

Yes.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #2
People like you, Mind, are often called emotional crybabies. So here, have some cheese with the whine.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #3
Mind: Maybe this isn't the place for you then. What are you trying to prove, anyway? That you're "better" or something? Get over it.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #4
I also thought TM was a bit out of line with that reply, but you are overreacting a bit Mind. But you must understand that this is the internet, filled with all sorts of ****wads, and that most of spiderweb boardies are relatively young.

Again, I shall corrupt a topic with animated crap.
IMAGE(http://www.kolumbus.fi/jere.lindell/okay.gif)

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
Hello again Mind. And welcome back.

In some cases, yes we have been infested by mindless jagots. In others, we have gained in intellectual value.

On the one hand, we gain such as Ben. On the other, such as BSC.

You are indeed correct that due to various factors, these boards are slowly tearing themselves apart. And the lack of democracy. But hey, did we really expect that? :rolleyes: Though, Drakey and the mods have taken it upon themselves to actually become rigid as far as rules go.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. At least, while this ship might appear to sink, there are plenty more to jump onto.

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 07:53: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Mind, don't let the flames get to you. They do nothing but prove your point.

The administration isn't being tyrannical, it's only reacting to the increasing population of idiots, both newbies and oldbies. I thought this place was ruled too strictly a year ago, but after seeing what kind of stuff goes on here, and visiting Desperance, I shudder to think what would happen without the strictness.

FBM: Agreed, except that this ship is sorta like the Titanic compared to the two-man lifeboats that most of the alternative forums are. Bluntly speaking, if this goes down, a ton of people will leave without ever turning back, or giving thought to switching to the other boards.

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 08:46: Message edited by: Also rather a nutcase. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
WHEN WILL MISC. BE REOPENED!!!!?!?!??! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #8
^^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
Blame the brevity of my reply on my not having an actual computer of my own at the time. Still, I would have locked the topic anyway.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

Blame the brevity of my reply on my not having an actual computer of my own at the time. Still, I would have locked the topic anyway.
TYRANNY!

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Mind:

I decided to become more active on this forum again, and read a random topic.

Then I read this discussion:

quote:
Guys,

I was away for a bit, during which they disabled polling. WHY did they do that? I haven't quite managed to piece it together yet from all of the vague mentions to it.

You-Know-Who

————

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP

Nobody cares about polls except for gormless neophytes.

--------------------

They did it because they wanted to. Or because of hard drive space reasons. Topic locked. Yeah.

Sigh. This only confirms my suspicion that this forum is slowly destroying itself and chasing off all its' members.
Is this forum really infested by swearing idiots and ruled by mindless tyrants?

Threaten to ban me if you want. Ban me if you want. I'm used to both the tyrannous threatment and the idea that there is no democracy in this forum at all.

SHOW US YER TITS

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 09:57: Message edited by: Fear Uncertainty and Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
Periodically, people talk about how much worse these boards have gotten since the person was new here. I think this is more a product of the person's development individually than anything changing on these boards. I read back to a year and a half ago (or thereabouts) as part of the original Pied Piper Project, and nothing has changed. Except for a very brief and very dark period about a year ago, these boards remain relatively constant.

THESE BOARDS ARE NOT DYING. THEY ARE THE SAME AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. IDIOTS, FLAMES, AND ALL, THE SPIDERWEB BOARDS REMAIN THE SAME. ANY FEELING OF CHANGE IS MORE LIKELY THE RESULT OF YOUR OWN CHANGE THAN SPIDERWEB'S CHANGE.

EDIT: Boldness because this is a manifesto, not because I'm angry or anything. Just so you know.

[ Friday, September 17, 2004 10:28: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #13
Several good points, however I must say that the intelligence level of younger people is degrading quite quickly. Myself being a younger person, see this everyday. Most of the change might be from one changing, and not the boards, but the more mindless drone that are allowed on these boards, the more these boards will go to h***. Whether or not it has always been the same, would not be awnsered by me, as I have not been here long enough to know.

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #14
Uhhh, as far as I can tell, young people have been stupid for a while.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #15
Yes they have been, however they are getting worse quickly...

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
Society isn't getting stupider. You're just getting less stupid.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #17
Thank you, thank you. ^_______^

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
Nostalgia about the days when everything was better seems to be endemic. It probably has something to do with the human condition, whatever that is.

However, if you get glasses that help you see past the rosy glow of the, er, past, you'll notice that things were not, in fact, much better. This is a general rule, and not applicable in all specific instances, but I've found that it holds more often than not.

—Alorael, who still doesn't let that stand in the way of his reminiscence. You know, there was a time when the past really was better than the present... It's a shame it's not like that anymore.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #19
The kids today really are worse, though. Why I remember back in my day, I felt safe locked in my panic room. But not anymore, nosiree. Now I'm afraid. Afraid of suffocating to death because of all this dam duct tape that fell on me.

at least the maths are not censored. (opens stupid mouth)

But I think the 'boards are falling' posts started after the death of the misc, mercy killing that it was. correct me if I am wrong. amply.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #15 Wash your hands!!

That's skrange.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP, cleanfast productions co, inc)(Dgjzxachk)(Lord Pibble)
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Lord Pibble:

The kids today really are worse, though.
I can't really think of any situation where anyone can really make this statement without having a bias. When one is a child, they are (usually) around the same intelligence level as their peers. They therefore don't think their peers are so stupid. When one is an adult looking at the present youth, they all seem stupid because now (being an adult) one is smarter (or so I would hope.)

Not to berate you, Pibble, but just to make a point.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by burglar ben:

Thank you, thank you. ^_______^
Listen here, you gormless asshat: YOU ARE A PSYCOPATHIC CRETIN AND THE BOARDS SUCK MOSTLY BECAUSE OF YOUR INCESSANT ASININITY, YOU TECHNICALLY ILITTERATE DOLT

Put simply: If condoms didn't break, you would not be alive today.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #22
And kids say the darnedest things ^_______^

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
Back in the good old days, topics sometimes died of natural causes. They weren't always sniped, ravaged, or occasionally sliced to pieces.

—Alorael, who will take care of sniping this one. It's time to play die the death!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00