Lets talk politics!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Lets talk politics!
Warrior
Member # 415
Profile Homepage #0
Nothing pisses people off like talking politcs! ...I'll get the ball rolling....I am doing anything I can to prevent Bush from being reelected. I cant think of one thing the guy has done right...
There. Hopefully that will be suffiecent.
If your not old enough to vote, answer "im not planning on voting"
(there is probally an indentical subject somewhere, but I didnt see it... and this one has a poll!)

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:47: Message edited by: DweezelManSam ]
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
Big up your self!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
Cobbs.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
What I find especially funny is that the nearly identical Bush poll that was also started today showed views exactly opposite. Mh. :confused:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #3
IMAGE(http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v45/realitymaniac/snq040706.gif)

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
More people are planning to vote for Bush or Kerry than may legally vote. I find this odd.

—Alorael, who suspects that people are listing who they would like to vote for. Either that or there are some ballot-box stuffers around these parts.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
I'm for Bush. I can't think of anything Kerry will do to help this country, and Bush has done a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I'm for the 'war' in Iraq.

Edit: Booyah, #600

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 14:15: Message edited by: The Demonslayer ]

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
It is rather peculiar how polarizing Bush is. Even in this simple poll, you can see it: everyone either thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread (and is beginning to wonder if sliced bread isn't a bit over-rated by comparison) or thinks that he will be the destruction of the world and everything good in it. No one is in the middle, thinking that he is good but not great or is just about average.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #7
Okay, moderaters, close this poll and any polls with politics in them. This is Spiderweb Software. Not Spiderweb Politics. If I want a politics discussion I will google search to a politics page, and talk there. And btw, I would vote for bush again. All military service is voluntary, so they know the risks they are getting into and did not have to join. Thats all I will say.
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2cudly:

Lock the topic. Lock all politics threads. No one wants to talk about politics. Politics is bad. No more politics on Spiderweb. No one wants to hear what people think about politics. By the way, this is what I think about politics...

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by The Creator:

quote:

Lock the topic. Lock all politics threads. No one wants to talk about politics. Politics is bad. No more politics on Spiderweb. No one wants to hear what people think about politics. By the way, this is what I think about politics...

Thats not what I wrote. That is not what I ment. I did not say politcs are bad. I said that this is not the board to discuss politics. I also said my view in a SMALL way. I didn't want people to think I had no side, but I also don't think this is the board for politics. And don't use Quote for things the person did not say.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #10
Wah!

Kel: I voted in the middle for both candidates. "could do better" or whatever it was. Am I the only non-extremist here? Maybe I should get me some beliefs.

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #11
quote:

Okay, moderaters, close this poll and any polls with politics in them.
no
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Oh where, oh where could GIFTSare2's gorms have gone?

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #13
For all of you political stereotypes. :P
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #14
<giggles> :D sweeeet! Even Schwarzenegger was on stage.
I vote Schwarzenegger.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
There is a big political tradition on General. Specifically, a big leftist political tradition.

RC: Rightists calling the left wing knee-jerk is so very funny and I wish you could see it that way. Also, I was right about the WMDs. :D

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by The Creator:

quote:

Oh SNAP. *thumbs up*

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #17
Imban: Thank you.

A man, long time ago in a place far far away from where I sit once said these words: "Give me liberty or give me death!" I wonder where did that message go?

In that same place, a group of men sat down and wrote one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring documents in the entire history of this schizophenic race we once had the galls to call "homo sapiens" (some like to keep that tradition, thank fu lee). The first words of that document are more important than any light someone may have created at the beginning. Because the light these people created (though many have tried to obfuscate) conceptually, is the light that truly shines, and hopefully one day will shine upon all of us, equally and resolutely.

For every person who has ever given his or her life so that we can sit in front of our computers right now and write whatever we please to write about. Because of those people there is in our minds and beings the concept, the notion, the feeling the KNOWLEDGE that we are all above and beyond anything else individuals with the right and the need for that inviduality to be respected and to be paumpered and to be used and propelled into whatever realm, into whatever niche it is needed in order to--because we are all yes free, yes different, but pray notice, all symbiotic parasites of the world--fulfill its duty for one and for all. To all those people who died so we could be here today, to all those people who died so we could stand upon their shoulders and scream to the top of our lungs, to all those people who prevented us from becoming a race of slaves, a race of nobodies forgotten and buried and doing what the all mighty ruler of all of us told us to do. To all those people we ought to give them our appreciation and our respect but also carry on with their work so that, in truth, we do not become nothing more and nothing less than a pitiful version of a dastardly absymal landscape of mindless zombies.

That is my view of politics.

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment, and will die here like rotten cabbages."--Number 6.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 415
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
I'm for Bush. I can't think of anything Kerry will do to help this country, and Bush has done a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I'm for the 'war' in Iraq. -I'm for Bush. I can't think of anything Kerry will do to help this country, and Bush has done a great job as far as I'm concerned. -The Demon Slayer

You're being sarcastic, right? If not, why do you support the war? Is it because we "rid the world of a tyrant"? I can see that side of it. However, if I remeber correctly, we didnt go there to remove Saddam, we went beause of WMD's, and ties to Al Quida....neither of which exsit. At least, they didnt used to. Before we went in ther there was NO Al Quida presence. Now that we occupy Iraq, it is a prime spot for new recruits, and has become "the central front in the war on terriorism."

--------------------
Big up your self!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #19
Like I had said in another thread, what makes you think Saddam had no ties with terrorists? I'm not intending to say whether he did or not, but what happened to all of his terrorist training regimes, etc?

I'm stating this again here because my question was unanswered in the other topic.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
Iraqi terrorist training is news to me. I know Saddam had plenty of goons, but I was under the impression that they were all at least ostensibly legitimate military personnel. The terrorist cells are Al Qaeda, which is still in no way tied to Saddam.

—Alorael, who is pretty certain that someone would have been proclaiming Saddam's terrorist training camps from the rooftops if any were found. Either the shouting isn't loud enough to be heard under a rock in Alaska or no such thing happened.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #21
I may be wrong, but I thought I recalled seeing footage of a large troop of masked soldiers doing some sort of training procedure. Maybe they were just Saddam's personal regimes for bullying his people around, I'm unsure.

My memory really hinders my ability to discuss politics. But I know I saw footage of masked soldiers working for Saddam.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #22
A friend of mine came up with a slogan for the Republican party that will unfortunately never be used. However, it shows what I think about the election.
'Using fear and greed to separate people from their money.'

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #23
I think you've got the wrong party. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #24
As far as I know, terrorist training was to be had in the palestinian camps in Jordan. The german RAF trained there for almost two decades. Later on, Afghanistan provided facilities too. Iraq has no such tradition.

--------------------
Polaris

Pages