Signatures...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Signatures...
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Huys, maybe this is just another wacko poll of mine, but give it a try - eh.
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #1
Other = Why I like me sig. Bill Malone is funny. Of course, it changes almost every 1 week 2 days 7 hours 4 minutes 23 seconds.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #2
Other = Where I keep links to other sites. Currently, I only have two. Oh yeah, and I change it whenever I feel like it.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 06:52: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Signatures are good if you want to say something really witty, but I've noticed that the best joke goes bad if it gets old, and there's no better way to let a joke grow old than set it to automatically display any time you virtually decide to open your mouth on this board. :rolleyes:
Poems are a different story. And then there are the links of course. No signature is complete without the link to some weird old site. :D

[ Monday, July 19, 2004 23:01: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #4
Why are there more people who said "No" to having a signature than there are people who said "I don't have a signature" to the other questions...?

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
I have a signature because otherwise more people would ask, "What is this High Level Party Maker that you're talking about?" I get that too much already.

Oh, and NK0P needs a little publicity every now and then. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
OTHER = I change the style of my signature when I get bored of the old one, but I don't change the signture itself. Weird, huh?

- Archmage Micael

:D

Kelandon - Why does your site link in your sig say 'Kelandon's Pink and Pretty site? That'll put anybody who doesn't like pink, (50%+) of the world, off your site.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #7
Ah, but you didn't read the second part. That part will make the 50% reconsider.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #8
Because his webpage is pink and pretty.

EDIT : (GRAH DARN YOU RC)

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 12:17: Message edited by: Imban ]
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
FATNESS DRIP DRIP

Anyway, my signature should be self-explanatory. I'm slowly writing Beatoff Valley. I will never finish it. Etc.

Signatures suck. They should at most identify who you are, maybe give a pithy quote, and give some links. Preferably all in one line. These stupid ten-line sigs with ASCII art, self-quotes, etc. should be capital crimes.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I guess my signature doesn't count, but it made that poll rather hard to complete honestly. If you can't come up with the answers for yourself based on my far too numerous postings, you don't deserve to know anyway.

—Alorael, who is reasonably sure that a fair number of Spidwebbers believe his ever-changing signature should be a capital crime as well. Such is life.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #11
I've had this sig since I resurfaced. I've not changed it, except for one week where I paid homage to USCA's.

It does show a side of me that I don't usually be. Perhaps I should, but I don't.

Sigs can have a use. Then again, they can be page-widening annoying piles of wang, that take up half a page, just because someone felt "special".

Gragh.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #12
I have a sig to pimp my websites, and I change it when they change :)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by The Post Count Also Rises:

I guess my signature doesn't count, but it made that poll rather hard to complete honestly. If you can't come up with the answers for yourself based on my far too numerous postings, you don't deserve to know anyway.

—Alorael, who is reasonably sure that a fair number of Spidwebbers believe his ever-changing signature should be a capital crime as well. Such is life.

I have always wondered why you are two people? Who Is Alorael? Are you two people? Im serious, enlighten me.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
GIFTS, he is Alorael. He used to have that as his displayed name, but now he changes his displayed name every day. The name-changing thing is just in protest of his having reached the level of "Your Postliness" without ever having gotten a custom title. It's kind of like a temper tantrum, but, um, not.

He isn't two people. He just does this "custom sig" thing. I will demonstrate.

-Kelandon, who is demonstrating a custom sig. This is just a demonstration. If this were a real imitation of Alo's custom sig, sniping would follow.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 18:34: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
Mm hm. Keep on trying the slick thefts, and I'll keep pointing the rifle ominously. I'd snipe you, but I wouldn't want to have two temper tantrums at once.

(Drakey, take note. Kelandon can be gone for the low, low price of a title!)

—Alorael, who would also like to make it clear that Kelandon's mock signature is not the real deal. It's closer than many, but the lack of emdash ruins the verisimilitude.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #16
Kelandon, I thought you knew better than that...

—Terror's Martyr, proving once and for all that he is not above cheezy gimmicks.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
Why did I know, as soon as I saw the topic title, that this discussion would turn to Alorael within a day? :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #18
Because he may be a supposed sniper-wielding, skribbane quaffing maniac, but above all... he's so special.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #19
I don't what is the point of a signature. A Joke is fun, but as it was pointed out earlier, it gets stale after you see it over and over again.

I haven't posted enough to change it that often, but as soon as I get bored at looking at it, I change it.

I wish I had a web page to link to it. There are too many I like to point to all. Maybe I'll start pointing to one after every few posts I make. . . (hmm. Maybe bad idea.)

As for why or how? Who knows.
This one below: because the shoe The Prisoner was brilliant. The Best TV Mini Series ever made (at least top three)
As for the subject.
Try to make it short so as not to bore people: In my country we have a dictator. Outside he may look like another charismatic man. Fools who see it as that (or communists and well they are in the same boat so good for them)
The man has won TWO (count them, TWO) elections. People voted for this schmuck twice.
He has brought this country (Venezuela, in case you wonder) to the basement underneath the basement under the lowest level of Hell.
There are too many reasons why that is so to list here.

Also. I think in many countries people just Don't think (AT ALL) when they vote. If they vote at all, that is.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #20
I'm not exactly sure what's in my profile; all I know is that I add stuff occassionally, usually with over a month in between, and rarely take it out. The Pendragon quote is something that I like, and the quote itself should really be self-explanitory. The links... well, click them if you want to know why they're there, but be careful.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #21
sig pride, yo. i only change this sig when the links no longer work.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #22
My signature is from the movie "Virus", or something like that, I don't know if they translated the title correctly. It's something the Virus tells the heroes. Since I have conservative views, I don't change my signature all that often. Besides, any joke, however bad it might be, gets funny if repeated often enough.

Also there is a link to a site I have found to be very annoying to certain people... :)

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #23
I've an undying sig.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
TM, you did not get the signature right. After more than two and a half years, you should be able to do better than that!

—Alorael, whose one great regret is that he can never have links that appear constantly in his signature unless he puts them there manually every time. While there is some humor value to it, it would be too much of a pain to deal with all the time.

Pages