Hello from South America

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hello from South America
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #0
Greetings and Salutations fellow RPGs and just all around cool people!

I'm going to follow on Cavanoskus footsteps and also introduce myself.

This is the first forum I've ever contributed to, so I'm breaking the shyness factor.

If there are any fellow Latin people out there. . . HOLA! and a huge hello and hug to everybody from this planet, or any other planet/dimension/state of being and unbeing in the multiverse (sorry but the hug is being psychicaly sent using state of the art inescapable hugging nodes so you're gonna get a hug whether you're the hugging kind or not. Sorry about that!)

There isn't that much to say about me, so I won't say it.

See you on the posts.

Cheers!

--------------------
"Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #1
From South America, you say? A board can never have enough of those. Also, your grammar seems very good. Which is even better!

EDIT: There's one thing I wonder. Have you been lurking here before this, or?

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 22:00: Message edited by: Saltweed ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #2
Are you a hot latino chick, or a not-hot latingo guy?

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Just as a warning, you have probably been permanently dubbed "BSC" already.

You appear to be familiar with most Spiderweb games, and you make sense when you post. This puts you far ahead of the majority of newbies and already makes you good in my opinion.

And now, my question that I pose to all newbies who seem worthy of noticing: which SW games have you played (by which I mean registered and finished)?

Welcome, and don't become a 5-post nonentity, the fate that awaits most newbies.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 22:37: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM, newly updated to v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #4
Hey!

I've been lurking a bit. Trying to get a taste for what the whole forum scene was like. Felt kinda weird, like some sort of voyeur. Well, no more of that.

Definitely a NOT-hot latino guy.

I've played all of the Siperwed(b) games since Exile 1 on Mac (now on PCs.)
Favorite? Er. . . all. I have a soft spot for Nethergate. In part because it allowed you to play two completely different games in one, the dynamics between the two groups were very different, and I also enjoyed the historic aspect of it.

How about you guys?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Well, you have the 5 posts, already. Don't stop posting now! IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

I've played all of the games as well, but only those that were ported to PC... I liked the interface of Geneforge best, but I hugely preferred the plot of Avernum/Exile 3 (where Exile is imho better, but Avernum is easier to handle because of its interface). Exile 3 is actually the first game I played, after finding it on a shareware CD.

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I am, in fact, a 600-post newbie.

I started playing SW games, uh, shortly after Avernum 1 came out. Then I played Avernum 2, Nethergate, a bit of Blades of Exile, Avernum 3, Geneforge 1, Geneforge 2, in something approaching that order. Then, about four months ago, I made the crazy decision to register for these boards and have apparently been spamming like a wild man ever since. (600 posts? Last time I checked, I had 300-something!)

I suppose I should've just asked, have you played Blades (either one)? And if so, allow me to refer you to the Lyceum, home of all things Blades.

EDIT: Dear lord, my 666th post. No good can come of this.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 23:15: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM, newly updated to v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Kelandon is the devil, of course.

Hi. I'm a moderator here. I also don't talk much, especially in the middle of the night. Enjoy your stay, may it be long, fun, and productive.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
Hey!

I played Blades of Exile years ago when it first came out, when was that. . . 1999? I played a few of the scenarios, enjoyed them immensely and then I got sidetracked with some real-world silliness and haven't played any more. I've been thinking about registering for that one since I last time I checked there were a bunch of scenarios.

I like BoA so far. But from what I've read the editor seems to have rub some the wrong way. But I hope in the future there will be more adventures. I've tried to use it, but I'm gonna have to wait a bit until the real world gives me more free time.

I've read about The Lyceum and will definitely check it out.

I agree with the distinction between Geneforge and Exile/Avernum. One of my very small complaints about Geneforge (and it is very, very small) is that the storyline wasn't bigger. But that comes mostly from my desire to see more of the Shaper's world. Saying that, though, I enjoyed the choices you could make regarding the different factions (servile or not) and how those choices influenced the game. In the end the game turns out rather solid. It's nice how the "weakness" of size in a way strenghtened the story.

BTW, as a completely out of the blue comment: it's nice to see that games like these have so many supporters. I grew up with text adventures and the early CRPGs (Wizardry, Ultima, et al) and sometimes I shudder when I see that so many of the modern games have too much razzle-dazzle and too little storyline.

Cheers!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #9
Some rudimentary background information would do Geneforge good. But try asking Jeff for that.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 13:50: Message edited by: Your Friendly Neighbour ]
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #10
Welcome to the forums!

The only game i have played was Exile 1 who my best friend introduced me to.

Have fun, and try not to be an incompetent, ingnorant dope like me! lol

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #11
Welcome. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

This is indeed a one-word post. This sentence exists simply to cover up the fact that my signature is longer than my post. It hasn't succeeded, but oh well. I hope you enjoy your stay.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #12
Mornin', I'm me as is clearly marked.

Welcome to the boards. I'm shocked and surprised that no-one has used the official welcome yet. So I'm going to give it a shot and see if I remember it correctly:

Welcome to Spiderweb. Leave your sanity at the door.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #13
And prepare to be irritated by cliches.

Welcome, always nice to have a new member who's literate.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #14
Might as well say my greetings as well.

Hello BSC and enjoy the SpidWeb forums for however long you might stay. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #15
We are now taking bets on whether he will stay or just say hello and lurk forever/leave. Most members should know the odds by now.

Hello, I am one of the many, many resident perverts of this forum. Leave your mangoes at the door.

--------------------
Saundersw3: He wanders through the action gazing mutely at sunsets, and maybe trying to lure Alec's char?
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #16
Ooooh! Bets! Maybe I can create a bunch of different names, and try to manipulate the bets one way or the other and make tons and tons of some kind of currency. Only if they involve money. Maybe they involve beans or something like goats, then I end up with millions of goat and no pocket dimension in which to squeeze them in. Now, boiled cabbages would be nice.

Hmmm. . . boiled cabbages. . .

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #17
Goats.. *girlish giggle*

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #18
Let's stick with boiled cabbages...

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
♫ It can't be hid ♫

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #20
If you're using Mozilla, you can actually see the note symbols instead of blocks. They don't show up very well in IE for some reason.

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
I can see them in Opera well enough...

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #22
Welcome, Samurai. It's always nice to see a comprehensible newbie or a foreigner with almost perfect grammar and spelling; both in one is even better. I'm Sir David, SD, whatever, but you probably knew that already. And by all means, take your mangoes with you - if you leave them by the dorr, they won't be there when you come back.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
<brings juicy mango> Hola Samurai!
SW is also my first forum and I never would contribute to another board because I stick on Spiderweb.
IMAGE(wink0000.gif) so take that as a warning. If you don't stop immediately to post here, you get addicted.

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
¡Bienvenido a Spiderweb! Tenga miedo. Tenga mucho miedo. Es bueno que su inglés es mejor que mi español, porque mi español es peor que las mentes de unas personas aquí. Aprenderá quienes son bastante pronto.

Todos tienen apodos, y no es tan fácil reconocerlos. Miembro 3608 es TGM (The Great Mister), miembro 66 es Arctic o Arctic Wolf, miembro 3151 es Alec, y miembro 4 es TM (Terror's Martyr).

?Alorael, who is Alorael, and who cannot maintain Spanish that long. He is the resident sniper, skribbane addict, and source of ego boosting. If he butchered the Spanish too horribly, please break it to him gently.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages