Hello from South America

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hello from South America
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #25
how come i don't get the mention? <_<

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #26
Laziness IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #27
Hey! Alorael your Spanish is superb! And keep in mind that Spanish is more complicated than English, all those annoying conjugations.
Out of curiosity where did you learn it?
I agree with spy.there (that okay for your name?) in that this addictive. Only time constraints keep me from posting comments everywhere.

BTW, I've noticed some like to give links to their homepages or pages they love, so here's my 2 cents.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

this one is about old games, abandoware sort of stuff. If you like that sort of thing, it's brilliant. If you have no clue, you may want to check it out. A lot of the greatest games ever made were done in the 80's and early 90's. Many of those companies went out of business, but some awesome people in the net have been collecting them for posterity (the web rules. for so many reasons!)

This other:

http://wurb.com/if/index

It's about Interactive Fiction. It may not be your cup of tea, they are basically text adventures, like a book but you write your actions.
A word to the wise, this is a highly addictive medium and you may lose youself in realities aplenty so much that time and space as we so erroneously interpret will turn upside down worse than an omellete done by a monkey on heat and skribbane.
(which may be a good thing, IMAGE(smile001.gif) )

Cheers!

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally in spy.there's sig:

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy

You know, I'm a dedicated vegetarian. IMAGE(winky000.gif)

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
All have nicknames, and it is not so easy to recognize them. Member 3608 is TGM (The Great Mister), member 66 is Arctic or Arctic Wolf, member 3151 is Alec, and member 4 is METRIC TON (Terror's Martyr).

--what the last paragraph of Alo's message translates to according to the Fish

Hmm. METRIC TON -- do I sense another moniker?

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

quote:
Originally in spy.there's sig:

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy

EWW

To avoid triple-posting, because I still have some standards:

http://adamcadre.ac/

This is Adam Cadre's personal website, and if you're familiar with IF you should know who he is, I'm told.

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 01:31: Message edited by: George A. Custer Declares You To Be ]

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #31
Thanks, Alec!

I played a couple of his games, but had never gone to his site, now it's bookmarked. He's a reinassance man.

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #32
Might as well get my two cents in.

Hello. You probably won't see much of me, as I don't post very often in regular topics anymore.

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #33
Hello!

I had a couple of questions, I looke in the faq but didn't really found anything about them.

1) What is spamming?

2) What is double (triple, cuadruple, etc) posting?
(will this post be a double posting because I just posted a message a short while back?)

Cheers!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #34
Double posting is posting two messages in a row on the same topic. I shall post once more and demonstrate SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Message) as well.

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #35
Haha, LOL.

If my message consisted of only the above, it would be considered Spam and it is looked down upon. This post also demonstrates double posting as well, as I posted twice in a row on the same topic within a period of 24hrs.

If I ever need to add something on (usually following the 24hr rule) I can use the edit button, like I did right now, and maybe even put that I edited the post like so:

Edit: I edited this post just because. Although you do not need to explicitly say that you edited a post, since you can already see whether or not I did so, it's still useful.

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 08:31: Message edited by: Block ]

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #36
Block:

Thanks!!!
So this posting, even though within the same thread and within a 24hr peroid will not be a double post because I am actually posting this to thank you for the posts you just posted about the questions I made about posting, right?

As for the SPAM, understood as well.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #37
"So this posting, even though within the same thread and within a 24hr peroid will not be a double post because I am actually posting this to thank you for the posts you just posted about the questions I made about posting, right?"

Double posting is posting twice in a row on the same topic. No, you did not double post because there were two posts in between when you last posted and when you actually did. Here, let me give you a good example of an 11-in-a-row post that I found in the archive:

US Conflict Avatars

Ugh...how am I supposed to post spaces in a URL address on this board? %20 tags return errors...

Edit: NM, I got rid of the spaces. This should work...

US Conflict Avatars

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 09:05: Message edited by: Block ]

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #38
Actually, after hearing a complaint or two, I'll tolerate multiple posting if the second post is both not spam and not an extension of the first post. For example, if you're going to write two long replies to previous posts in the topic, you can feel free to quote and address them both in separate posts.

The edit button should still be used to make changes and add postscripts, however.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

((
IMAGE(smile001.gif) Congratulations Djur, that saves your karma forever.

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #40
Mmm, hamburger.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #41
IMAGE(top-butt.jpg)

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #42
IMAGE(redface0.gif) This is pain in my eyes and on my dish.

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #43
Do we have to have this argument? Because I've been building up a stockpile of flawed and inflammatory anti-vegetarian arguments, and really don't want to have to share them.

Lets just agree that everybody likes brains, only some like them on their plates and others inside their skulls.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #44
...Anti-vegetarian, you say?

RC, that picture is a good argument for vegetarianism. I'm not vegetarian myself, but I do prefer vegetables to meat, especially red meat. Ugh.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #45
It has a nice salad nearby...yum! But then again, that's just my opinion...I could care less what I eat as long as it's edible and nutritious.

--------------------
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

...Anti-vegetarian, you say?
The nutritionalist jury is still out as to whether veggies are actually healithier eaters, although I think the majority of them conclude that simply removing meat from your diet is not in itself going to make you healthier, and in fact can remove an important source of nutrition and trace elements. You can get said nutrition and trace elements without meat, but unfortunately most veggies don't know how and end up much less healthy individuals, albeit thinner.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #47
IMAGE(tongue00.gif) My heart feels much better, when I add the few trace elements by pills.
I don't want my stomach to be a sepulchre for horrible death and incredible pains.

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #48
I think you misinterpreted. I didn't mean the sort of hamburger that is made from a cow, I meant the sort of hamburger that comes from Germany.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
And a Berliner for dessert? Sure.

?Alorael, who has nothing against consuming meat. He isn't a huge fan of it, but not for ethical reasons. If God hadn't wanted humans to eat meat, He wouldn't have had them evolve canines.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages