Ideas anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ideas anyone?
Apprentice
Member # 4315
Profile #0
I am in the middle of a game making process. Does anyone have ideas of games?!(must be two demensional)

--------------------
Michael Marmorstein
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
An RTS where you take control of a civilization in the dark ages and take them up into the gunpowder age, with emphasis on unit production and battle.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #2
and tower rushing too.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
Or maybe an RPG where there's been a nuclear war and the player character has to make sure that his community survives by getting an artifact to create water, only there's mutants and he has to fight them too.

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
Or an RPG where you customize your character...and the goal is to recover several artifacts to combine into one super weapon to defeat the powerful creature who is bringing fear to the land. If you choose to be on the good side. If you choose to be evil, you must recover the artifacts to create the super weapon for your master to weild...or for YOU to weild.

Either way, with battles you can try to run, talk yuor way out of it, or battle. And some minor diplomatic missions...and other side quests.

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #5
Make a game where you click on hordes of enemies to hack them to pieces and get powerful stuff so you can hack up more hordes of enemies by clicking on them without any plot or anything to get in the way of clicking on hordes and hordes of enemies!!!! We don't have nearly enough of those!!!!

Or, you could make an epic thriller transcending gender, age, race, and nationality differences that will awe and inspire all who capture a glimpse of its glory and be a bestseller for generations after your death. Yeah, on second thought, that's a way better idea. Do that one.

A humble opinion: though originality is usually just taking elements from games, books, movies, tv, etc. that you enjoyed in the past, it's still a good policy to come up with your own ideas. You'll be way better off as far as having the motivation to finish it, and at the end, it will be YOUR baby, YOUR creation, and inherently better than if you took someone else's idea and crafted a game around it.

Or, if you find your imagination currently out of order, make a game about beef stew.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 19:05: Message edited by: *Sound Effect* ]
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #6
an RPG where you start out as a paige for parliament, and start out doing missions like getting coffee for people, and then keep gaining stature and doing more important missions until you become prime minister or something. a politically satirical RPG.

--------------------
Pathological Smirker
Smirking at Spiderweb since 1999
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #7
How about a mech warrior or armored core type game where you can customize your mech, grow super powerful, and then crush the opposition.

Or an RTS similar to SC IMAGE(cool0000.gif)

SC2 News: Work begins after SC: Ghost is out

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #8
If you just want to make something simple and you're not after RPG or RTS, why not think about doing a computer version of a real life game eg: chess, patience/solitaire, backgammon, scrabble, monopoly (although watch out for copyright issues with games like scrabble & monopoly). Or make a quiz, a crossword puzzle or a collection of different puzzle type games. Alternatively, you could make new versions of the early computer games eg: pong, breakout or tetris.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
How about a game about some people who got thrown down into a cavernous dungeon by an ominous empire and then they find their way out and onto the surface? Then you could have a sequel about a war between the empire and the exiled cave-dwellers!

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
And afterwards, you could extend it by making the cave-dwellers the empire's only allies against, I don't know, aliens! Or monsters! Or a plague!

--------------------
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #11
Base it on a piece of music.. like, oh, something by Gershwin?

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #12
But that way he'll never finish it ...

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #13
I occured to me thats simply changing the genra of a popular series of games would be striking.. Does anyone remember Command and Conquor renegade?

Or Starcraft Gost? Possibly that type of spinnoff on one of Spidwebs games?

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #14
Or you could spend five years making a graphics engine and then have the player run around a randomly generated universe clicking on things that cause random events. Oh, and there'd be a complicated statistic system but there's absolutely no documentation explaining what any of the statistics do, and the names are totally misleading.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #15
An adventure game! Create a guy named "The Weird Guy" and have him wake up in a locked room. Then have him collect pieces of information from all sorts of sources. Who is he, what has happened, what the heck is going on in general? Make the surrounding world suitably weird, but keep it real. Add a major plot (or several), but keep it secret for as long as possible.

I can't help but love these games. One more is never too much.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #16
A strip poker would be nice. But please, have it with videos rather than still pics.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #17
Yes, especially if your poker buddies are huge, sweaty Turks.

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #18
How about a game where you have a paddle on either side of the screen which you can move up and down and a ball bouncing in between the two paddles, with the idea being to get the ball past the other player's paddle?

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
A truly original concept.

You might also try for some sort of maze where you steer around a weird face-like ball alternately chasing and running away from ghosts.

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #20
You're probably best off writing a piece of Interactive Fiction - easy, sorta quick, and there's a competition on...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
Make a game in which you are a spaceship. Once you've got that, you've already got people lining up to pay you money.

?Alorael, who awards special bonus points if the spaceship buys and sells commodities all over a strangely two-dimensional galaxy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #22
or a mobile suit.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 4315
Profile #23
Thank's guys, Ummmm I can't make Rts's for a while but rpg's, adv's and the paddle ball idea.
(etc might work)The paddle ball idea has already been made though! I will try to get it to work! It is in Alpha version though(excuse my bad graphics...)

--------------------
Michael Marmorstein
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #24
That paddle ball idea is...

PONG!

Quick! add several twists like bonus stuff and health!

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington

Pages