Hi, nice to meet you

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hi, nice to meet you
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #125
Welcome Christie!

I love the shots of you on the medeival page. Nice sword & great to see another girl here. The drawing for the dragon cavanoskus is great. Christie Vs Photoshop is hauntingly beautiful. NICE mistake. I wish my goofs with the photo editor turned out that well.

I hope you have a wonderful time here despite the odd characters that inhabit this forum.

I am usually just a lurker unless somthing really catches my eye. I don't think anyone here gets my odd sense of humor so I usually don't burden them with it.

--------------------
Instant Human-Just add liberal doses of Coffee.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #126
quote:
Originally written by devlish:

I am usually just a lurker unless somthing really catches my eye. I don't think anyone here gets my odd sense of humor so I usually don't burden them with it.
too bad!
))
IMAGE(smile004.gif) another girl

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #127
quote:
Originally written by Super Custer Wars Alpha:

Don't worry about it, Kel. I'll be sure to keep Dareva good and occupied if you take leave. ^_^
Not if you don't ask first, sirrah.
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #128
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
To teabag someone is to strike them -- variably in the forehead, the face in general, and the mouth, depending on who you ask -- using your bare scrotum.
Welcome to Spiderweb, Cav!

Thanks. And I already knew what it was.

--------------------
AIM: Cavanoskus

My Homepage
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #129
quote:
Originally written by devlish:

Welcome Christie!

I love the shots of you on the medeival page. Nice sword & great to see another girl here. The drawing for the dragon cavanoskus is great. Christie Vs Photoshop is hauntingly beautiful. NICE mistake. I wish my goofs with the photo editor turned out that well.

I hope you have a wonderful time here despite the odd characters that inhabit this forum.

Well, thank you. Heh....I had to go to my own site to see which picture you meant...now, if only I could say, with confidence, that everything on my site is "great". But it's not. It's just a collection of everything I've done, good and terrible. A junk heap. With maybe a few treasures hidden beneath the piles of stinking ooze. IMAGE(biggrin4.gif)

Wow....since I posted the link on these boards, my counter has jumped up by around 400! IMAGE(eek00000.gif)

--------------------

My Homepage
SnakeNetMetalRadio

Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #130
Aha, but there's an edit button, and we usually frown on double-posts.

Your page is good, for the content. Not my sort of content, mind, but good anyway.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #131
I feel that the double posting rule is somewhat elided for reasonable quoting. It's kind of annoying to quote two posts and respond to them both, and when it's just two substantial responses to quoted material, it's really not worth bothering over.

Of course, neither is a lot of double posting. Editing should really be, for effectiveness, intended to EDIT the original post for accuracy, clarity, etc. New content should really go in another post, and that's what I encourage at Desp.

Sadly, I have zero clout at SW nowadays, so the petty fascisms remain.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #132
Christie,
The treasures hidden amongst the junk is what makes most websites. I think yours is nice it has personality. Makes it enjoyable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looses track of what is on my website. Now if I would just quit losing the pesky things.

spy there,

Why too bad? too few girls? is there actually someone else in the world that(gasp) enjoys my humor? or ???

--------------------
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #133
No matter how off-beat your humour, please feel free to indulge here.
That is what makes Spidweb an interesting place.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #134
Too bad was referring to "I am usually just a lurker ...". And yes, here are not many girls around. But maybe you already overcame your lurker status and will post frequently samples of your humour. IMAGE(smile004.gif)
Where's your website by the way?

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #135
My websites are lost and confused.

Only one still exsists. I lost the password (geocities/angelfire type site I forget which one) and it has not been updated since an old college business project.

I would constantly forget what was on the other websites & have to look for things my friends asked me about. The last website died of neglect & I pulled the plug about at year ago.

I'm one of the old folks here. My son, my job, finding a few hours a week to game/email/play with the puter, my compulsive reading habits, and my need to get at least 4-6 hours sleep a night conspire to keep me too busy.

The busy schedule keeps me a lurker. Blaming my sense of humor was a mostly a joke.

[ Tuesday, June 01, 2004 14:41: Message edited by: devlish ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #136
Don't worry, I am quite fond of that Edit button. I never double-post unless I am quoting two different posts, and even that, I do rarely. Also, if I have nothing to say, I say nothing, unless I am asked. Just letting you know I try to behave. IMAGE(biggrin4.gif)

Edit: It figures I had to edit that, for a typo... IMAGE(tongue05.gif)

[ Tuesday, June 01, 2004 15:06: Message edited by: Cavanoskus ]

--------------------

My Homepage
SnakeNetMetalRadio

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #137
Its good to see a new kid.After all I started on June, 18 2004.So nice to meet you Christie
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #138
Its good to see a new kid.After all I started on June, 18 2004.So nice to meet you Christie
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #139
Please don't revive 3-week-old topics.

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #140
Well, revival is sometimes tolerable. It's reviving topics when you have nothing to say that's frowned upon.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #141
Especially when you say it twice.

And worse when the member concerned has vanished from the face of the board anyway. No need to rub in unpleasant facts.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 02:49: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #142
What was the direct link to hello.jpg now?

..damn, don't remember, can't post.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #143
Cav seemed like a nice one, too. It is a tragedy when one's hello thread becomes one's goodbye thread, too -- or really a funeral thread, because she never officially left. I shall go hunt for her over on the Ambrosia boards, which I have repeatedly considered joining. I give even odds that I will lose interest and wander over to the Lyceum to read threads from 2002 after about five minutes.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #144
Wish you better luck than I had with that. Pity her ezboard seems to be unvisited for half a year as well (at least by herself).

Ambrosia boards? I haven't thought of those yet... Isn't Ambrosia the producer of Escape Velocity?

Edit: Unless I'm very much mistaken, however, Cavanoskus last posted there around May 27th too, which would coincide with her departure here.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 00:12: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #145
Yeah, and her main interest was EV Nova.

After a brief search (evidently just over 20 minutes) through the EV Nova forum on the site, I found no trace of her. Ever. Which is kind of peculiar, because I checked the times when she started EV Nova Project X (8/02) and updated it (4/03), and there was nothing on the Nova board about it anywhere near those times. There's nothing recent from her, either there or in the general discussion area.

I find no trace that Cavanoskus even existed on those boards, even though she said, "Yes, I play EV Nova. How'd you know? Are you on the Ambrosia boards or did you find that out by looking at my current projects? Nova Project X is soon to receive a massive update, wondering if you saw it in its sad, unfinished state?"

Well, I am done stalking her. I'm tempted to register there and post something like, "ATTN CAVANOSKUS: SPIDERWEB MISSES YOU," but that would probably be overkill.

EDIT: And MY GOD how they run their site differently. The owner of the company chats with people on the boards and hangs out with them. The maker of EV Nova regularly checks the Nova board and replies to posts, and he even talks about the Nova universe and storyline that he created but didn't make it into the games (for comparison, look at our history topics for Blades). I mean, these people are present on their boards, and they seem fairly well-liked, as opposed to, erm, Jeff and co., who occasionally poke their heads out to say something brief and then resubmerge again.

How different a place would this be if JV were actually part of the community, instead of just the head of the company that runs these boards?

EDIT 2: I didn't try hard enough. Aran is right: her last post on the EV Nova boards is from 6/3/04.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 00:38: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #146
Probably a lot more like Civ Fanatics. And SW would look more like Firaxis, while we're at it.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Apprentice
Member # 4001
Profile Homepage #147
Mh. Firaxis? I couldn't find a web board for that company, but maybe I looked in the wrong place, or not hard enough. Anyway, please clarify: Would that be a good thing, Alec?

Kelandon: There's always AIM of course. I noticed that Cav went on regularly around 3 pm board time (until June 10th that is).

Edit: Sorry for the account switch. This is still Aran, of course. Just logged in with the wrong account.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 01:07: Message edited by: Aran, The Eternally Late ]
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #148
quote:
Originally written by Cavanoskus:

Edit: It figures I had to edit that, for a typo... IMAGE(tongue05.gif)

HAH! I thik everyone here knows i ahve the wors spelling ever! and teh fact that i a am too lazy to edit my post or proofread it gas gotten me flaamed may times in the past! lol, but i try to keep a semi low profile..

Nice page also!

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #149
If you had taken the time to read what Kelandon and I pointed out, you would know that your post is currently rather senseless, seeing as the member it is directed at is not here. Or at least hasn't posted in quite some time.

--------------------

Pages