Hi, nice to meet you

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hi, nice to meet you
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #50
In that case, it's a mercy killing. Unless, of course, it enjoys being on the receiving end of Arctic's wonderful perversions, in which case it is a killing necessary for the good of all humankind and cute furry creaturekind.

?Alorael, who has joined the proud ranks of those who cannot be identified by name. His signature, title, and post count still give him away every time, though.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #51
GRRL POWER!!!!

Hello, welcome, &c.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Rosycat 1.1:

Heya, Cavanoskus.

I think the general lack of girls RPGing is due to the distinctly female inability to fight anything cute and furry, even in a kill-or-be-killed situation. IMAGE(tongue02.gif)

And that is why I hope all of my children will be just like you.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #53
Oh, and one thing that every newbie should know: don't worry if you're offended/confused by one of Alec's posts (or all of them). It took me almost THREE MONTHS to get one of his jokes.

He's really quite clever and a very cool guy, but he has been a part of this community for so long that he speaks his own language. Really.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #54
Alec = Psycho Custer

I still haven't understood one of his jokes, and I am older than Kelandon. I believe I am currently being mauled.

>_<

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 13:19: Message edited by: Rosycat 1.1 ]

--------------------
It is Rosycat, obviously.

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
njinje_njintje@hotmail.com[/url] wants to hear from YOU!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #55
Je ne m'addresse qu'a des gens capables de m'entendre, et ceux-la me liront sans danger.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 13:56: Message edited by: Sir Psycho Custer ]

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #56
Nous qui te ne comprends pas, nous sommes en danger? Meme si tu nous addressons(?) pas?

Back at you, biatch.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 15:01: Message edited by: Rosycat 1.1 ]

--------------------

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #57
Welcome to SW, Cavanoskus. A word of warning, though- avoid treading on tails. There are quite a few around, and each one is attached to a long, sinuous creature with razor-sharp fangs, needlelike claws, magnificent athletic ability, and an unspeakably bad attitude. ;)

My biggest problem is responding to Alec's jokes, not understanding them. I usually can comprehend his jokes almost immediately, but as I'm a bit slow in my processes, and not an inherently funny brand of person, I'm often hard-pressed to come back with something that does his original statement full justice.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 14:57: Message edited by: Only Half Stultified? ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #58
premonition: Yes, I'm on the Ambrosia boards, just not quite as often as I used to be, but I'm getting back into message boards in general, so I should be seen in a few places.

I don't mind killing cute fluffy things now and again, if they are attacking me. How many cute fluffy things attack you in most RPGs anyway?

And I'm pretty sure that in my time here I will make at least one joke no one gets. :D

--------------------
AIM: Cavanoskus

My Homepage
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #59
At Spidweb, all cute furry things are capable of attacking you. ^^
However most of the rest of us won't.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #60
Oh, I'm not sure if it's about capability - more motivation.

Anyway, a question: who on Spiderweb thinks of themselves as cute and furry?

--------------------

- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #61
I think nephils are cute and furry. Prrr. Prrrrrrrrrr. *RAAAAAWR!*

Uh, this post was spam. To make it less so: Cav, which Spiderweb games have you played? From your profile I'm guessing you've played the Exile Trilogy and some of the Avernums... is that correct? Have you played any BoE or BoA or GF or Nethergate?

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #62
Listen, the jig is up. The pic is nice, but you're clearly not female. This place is X-chromosones only.

(Or is it Y-chromosones? Damn, I forget. But that's okay! Because a lack of a proper education is also a prerequisite.)

Anyway, the gender-charade is appreciated, and dare I even say a striking example of post-modern fiction provided by the likes of O'Brien, it's still obviously false. But nice try anyway! -_-;

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #63
Uh, TM, males have an X and a Y. Females have two X's. I guess you could say that the chromosomes are exactly balanced here, but that doesn't have the same dramatic effect.

EDIT: And why the heck is everything modern vs. post-modern with you? So weird.

[ Monday, May 24, 2004 08:23: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #64
(See, for instance, my second paragraph, albeit parenthesized.)

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Bandits
Two Strands
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #65
Sigh.

Md.

And yes, this is PURE spam. Congrats on having your debut topic reach 3 pages though!

Edit: Oh yeah, on the topic of CUTE. You wouldn't believe how insanely insulting it is when you've just spent 2 years programming a fricking AIBO to play soccer, and then some chick wearing all pink walks over picks is up and says "Ohhhh!!! It's *SO* cute!!!". ARG! I wish our department would distribute Paintball guns so we could whack everyone that calls them cute. Maybe I'm just ticked off cause a $2k dog pulls more chicks than me...

[ Monday, May 24, 2004 09:39: Message edited by: Majordomo ]
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #66
I have played Exile 1, 2, and 3, Blades of Exile, Avernum 1, 2, and 3, Geneforge, Geneforge 2, Nethergate, Lost Souls, and Ocean Bound. And I JUST got Blades of Avernum, so I've only played it about 20 minutes.

Several are registered, I don't remember which though. Someday they will all be. :D

--------------------
AIM: Cavanoskus

My Homepage
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #67
See, this is where technology falls down. I've got a dog which already has the insatiable urge to kill small furry animals, ability to find and grip a jugular vein and get up and go to jump fences to do so. Merely by tarring and feathering someone I reckon I could get him to attack within half an hour. It'd take many times that long merely to create an AIBO with teeth.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #68
People with AIBOs ought to be castigated anyway; I mean, Christ almighty, you spent that much money on a fake dog why?

Also, TM, you take post-modernism surprisingly seriously for someone with such a cursory knowledge of the philosophy.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #69
Fashionably late and all, but hello,

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #70
quote:
Originally written by Tentacle Monster Revolution:

Anyway, the gender-charade is appreciated, and dare I even say a striking example of post-modern fiction provided by the likes of O'Brien, it's still obviously false. But nice try anyway! -_-;

Who told you about that dream? I didn't think I told anyone!

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #71
Cursory knowledge? Wait, you mean that postmodernism has suddenly become quantifiable?
Ow. The irony's razor-sharp.

Djur- Unless you're alluding to something different, any genderization is a charade.

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Bandits
Two Strands
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #72
At its heart, postmodernism is a jumped-up literary movement designed to remove contextual literature from objectivist thought; having made its impact decades ago, it remains the sole province of drooling idiots who are under the impression the word looks wicked cool, haven't gotten over the nifty factor of a belief system built on porous spaghetti logic, and have no problems lumping absolutely everything that is not 'postmodern' into some random category which diametrically opposes 'postmodernism'.

I've had to deal with too many people whose hobbies include postmodernism and tossing off hipsters at coffee shops, TM. It isn't cute, it isn't clever, it's stupid and tired and I'm not willing to tolerate it at all. Now get your generative appendix out of deep abstraction or shut the hell up, would you?

[ Monday, May 24, 2004 19:38: Message edited by: Sir Psycho Custer ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #73
Cav, don't be surprised or anything, even though your topic has turned into the eternal battle between post-modernism, modernism and those who think both suck. It seems to be one of the final stages for any topic, but at least it's very natural.

The four ages of the topic:
1.On topic
2.Off-topic
3.Politics/religion/filosophy
4.Death

EDIT: The feared (or longed for, as it leads to stage 4) stage 3½ would include spamming and people who tell others to shut up.

[ Monday, May 24, 2004 19:47: Message edited by: Seaweed ]
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #74
No, TM, I'm referring to a dream in which I was a transsexual and I had sex with Conan O'Brien. Never mind.

--------------------

Pages