Purpose?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Purpose?
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by The Time I Vivisected a Goat:

So do it with a dolphin. Nobody's stopping you.
Except maybe the dolphin in question, or animal rights activists who would view that as rape. But if the dolphin rapes you instead, that implies that the dolphin is either enjoying it, or had recently lost a bet.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #26
If I absolutely had to have sex with any animal, it would be a dolphin, from a moralistic standpoint; it's significantly harder to rape an animal much stronger than you that is well-invested of the concept of rape.

Of course, from a non-moralistic standpoint, it'd be a toucan. Because come on, they're the sexiest animals God ever made.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #27
Eh, red foxes are way hotter. But I'd never try to rape one, with all the defensive weapons they have at their disposal. I'd pick something that couldn't claw or bite back, and wouldn't kick too hard or squeal.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #28
Um? Sharp beak? Ow? (Typed before Stughalf's post.)

Morgan, ef is a woman.

Fluffy, if guns are merely for killing, then why were gun locks invented?

ef, I've never married (obviously), nor been in a relationship long enough to really know what I'm talking about, but it seems to me that sex is often what causes that problem. Sometimes, just sometimes, when I've read every other spot of ink on every page and I've got nothing else to do, I read Dear Abby's column. I can't stand the woman, nor the column, but I have noticed one thing: many of the spouses complaining about their marriage say something like "we were sexually active within x weeks and married x+2 years later". In other words, sex before marriage. Many of them either say or imply that sex is one of the main reasons for their marriage in the first place; if they hadn't had sex, they probably wouldn't have married. Now, I'm sure that goes the other way too; I'm sure that some people marry just because they feel that it justifies sex, and later realize that they married the wrong person; again, because of sex. But it seems to me that sex is often what causes this fantasy attraction thing. One's partener is good in bed, so one starts to think that they are good in other aspects of life; they only realize that they were wrong, that they were seeing illusions, later. If the couple focuses on everything other than sex, they may have a fantasy idea of that rather than the other aspects; but if they're still willing to spend their lives together by that point, I don't think the quality of sex would really matter.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, see above.

[ Sunday, February 29, 2004 17:54: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Sir David:

Um? Sharp beak? Ow? (Typed before Stughalf's post.)
More's the allure.

Morgan, ef is a woman.

Fluffy, if guns are merely for killing, then why were gun locks invented?

A better arguement: If sex is for procreation, why do people derive pleasure from nonprocreative sex? The analogous arguement would be saying that Hungarian toddlers have special glands making them immune to bullets and are more amused by gunfire than anything else.

ef, I've never married (obviously), nor been in a relationship long enough to really know what I'm talking about, but it seems to me that sex is often what causes that problem. Sometimes, just sometimes, when I've read every other spot of ink on every page and I've got nothing else to do, I read Dear Abby's column. I can't stand the woman, nor the column, but I have noticed one thing: many of the spouses complaining about their marriage say something like "we were sexually active within x weeks and married x+2 years later". In other words, sex before marriage. Many of them either say or imply that sex is one of the main reasons for their marriage in the first place; if they hadn't had sex, they probably wouldn't have married. Now, I'm sure that goes the other way too; I'm sure that some people marry just because they feel that it justifies sex, and later realize that they married the wrong person; again, because of sex. But it seems to me that sex is often what causes this fantasy attraction thing. One's partener is good in bed, so one starts to think that they are good in other aspects of life; they only realize that they were wrong, that they were seeing illusions, later. If the couple focuses on everything other than sex, they may have a fantasy idea of that rather than the other aspects; but if they're still willing to spend their lives together by that point, I don't think the quality of sex would really matter.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, see above.

Not bothering with the response to ef; let her deal with it.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #30
If I had to have sex with an animal, I'd rather it wasn't one that could do serious damage to my internal organs.

I personally figure it might be worth trying it with a red panda, although they can claw you something vicious if you're not careful.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #31
I would like to point out that this conversation is highly disturbing...

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
Spiderweb is a scary place under the thin veneer of light-hearted fun.

—Alorael, who has never deeply considered deepening his relationship with any animal to the point where sex would be appropriate. Most just aren't good enough conversationalists to be attractiv.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Daedalus:

I would like to point out that this conversation is highly disturbing...
I whole heartedly second the motion. Seriously, I'm usually against censorship and am all for a mature discussion on a "hot" topic, but damn, on a public board for a public corporation, this is really too much. Look at the census topic and try to remember we have really young (albeit really mature) people who frequent these boards. Frankly, if Jeff saw this topic on the boards representing his company, I think he'd have an aneurism.

---Your disgusted maniac, Necris Omega

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 18:47: Message edited by: Necris Omega ]

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #34
I'm not going to kill the topic, but yeah, can we put the kibosh on the discussion of our... favorite animals...? IMAGE(Purpose (2)_files/tongue.gif)
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #35
Sure, although a little bit of playful hypothetical wanking ought not to be mistaken for the promotion of, or participation in, acts of bestiality.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #36
Omega, Jeff would probably join in. =]

Fine, fine, if Imby says that I can't say "tigress" to you all, then I won't.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Warrior
Member # 3117
Profile #37
I also agree w/ daedalus and necris omega that talking about which animals you would have sex with is highly disturbing... and just wrong...

--------------------
If your buddy is trying to hook up with a girl, you may sabotage him only in a manner that gives you no chances of getting any either.
-The Code

Pahk ya cah in hahvad yahd?? What ah ya? retahded?!

Can't figure out the other sex? Check out ladder theory!
[URL=http://www.laddertheory.com[/URL]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #38
But who is to say that humans are better than animals? People are disgusted by Dung Beetles having sex but humans aren't actually even that different. Humans just think they're special because they don't think animals can talk.

--------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Take a chance at the Chance Forums!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #39
Fools. Of course animals talk. I talk to my cat all the time, or at least understand what she's telling me.

...Of course, the whole bi-species thing is kind of nasty.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #40
Well, perception is everything. No one kicks up a huge fuss over the mating of horses and donkeys for the production of mules, but the idea of sexual relations between a human, and say, a chimpanzee will inspire revulsion in most humans. And, interestingly enough, humans and chimps are, I believe, more closely related genetically than are horses and donkeys. Go figure, I suppose. I find apes to be not the slightest bit attractive, at any rate

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #41
I am away for a day from computer problems and look what I come back to. How on earth did my topic degenerate into this? IMAGE(Purpose (2)_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Purpose (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Apprentice
Member # 4024
Profile Homepage #42
Label me as you may, but I believe in sex after marriage. If you marry just for the sex you will most likely be dissapointed in the other's personality. I have dated quite a few girls, and even though at many a time I wanted to have sex, I realized that had I done it, my relationship with that girl would have ended there. If you marry the person with their personality in mind, and their values and morals and what they believe about life, then sex won't be a huge issue and I believe that you can enjoy it more. I've done research, and one of the most frequent reasons for divorce was that two people got married because the other was good in bed and that was the only thought in mind. Later, when they really got to know the other person, they decided that even thought the sex life was good, that they really had nothing else in common with the other person. Therefore resulting in the divorce. However, people marrying with the other person's feelings, beliefs, personality in mind are far more likely to stay together and enjoy their marriage. That includes sex.

I encourage people to really think about what I just said. I used to believe that sex wasn't a big deal and why wait until marriage? But I sat down with someone one day and they told me why they believed sex after marriage was better than before. I didn't want to hear it at first and bitterly disagreed. However, when I thought in depth about what they said, it changed my beliefs and now I want to provide the opportunity for others to look at a different perspective.

--------------------
~~Here comes the Thnikka Man~~
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #43
Well, you can't account for morons.

But marrying without knowing the personality of your partner intimately is on the same level as marrying without knowing the sexuality of your partner intimately. It is foolish to marry without knowledge of both.

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Apprentice
Member # 4024
Profile Homepage #44
I disagree. I believe that sex was originally intended for marriage as a way of procreation as well as for pleasure. Not knowing the sexuality of your partner is not a crime. In fact, it is better that you don't know that about a person befor you marry them so that it will be the most special moment the first time you do it.

--------------------
~~Here comes the Thnikka Man~~
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by BoThra:

I disagree. I believe that sex was originally intended for marriage as a way of procreation as well as for pleasure. Not knowing the sexuality of your partner is not a crime. In fact, it is better that you don't know that about a person befor you marry them so that it will be the most special moment the first time you do it.
Unless it isn't, in which case you have something of a problem, don't you?
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #46
Djur, I see what you're saying, but you've got to remember, people are idiots. Some are less idiotic than others, but we really are idiots. I find that the couples that married for personality, etc. and abstained from sex before marriage say things like "I am married to the most wonderful person in the world, I just wish he was better in bed" whereas those who have sex before marriage say things like "He's great in bed, but outside of the bedroom I can't stand him because (insert complaints here)". Basically, those who marry without knowledge of their partner's bedroom qualities don't care too much if they find out later that their partner has no skill whatsoever. Those who marry with that knowledge marry for the sex, not the personality, and certainly do care later when they realize that their partner's bedroom qualities are their only good qualities.

I know that this is not always the case, but just look at divorce rates in this country; most people do not find their soul mate, or the best person for them if you don't believe in soul mates. And why is that? Their minds are clouded by pleasure, plain and simple. 85% of Americans have had sex by the time they are married; the divorce rate is, what, 50%? Somewhere around there. They're both up, anyway, and I don't think they're unrelated.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
Having a sexual relationship exclusively with one person for a lifetime isn't natural anyway.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by iDavid:

Djur, I see what you're saying, but you've got to remember, people are idiots. Some are less idiotic than others, but we really are idiots. I find that the couples that married for personality, etc. and abstained from sex before marriage say things like "I am married to the most wonderful person in the world, I just wish he was better in bed" whereas those who have sex before marriage say things like "He's great in bed, but outside of the bedroom I can't stand him because (insert complaints here)". Basically, those who marry without knowledge of their partner's bedroom qualities don't care too much if they find out later that their partner has no skill whatsoever. Those who marry with that knowledge marry for the sex, not the personality, and certainly do care later when they realize that their partner's bedroom qualities are their only good qualities.

You see, having never had sex, you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. Sex is a major part of any romantic relationship. If it isn't any good, the relationship suffers.

I think the big issue with the abstinence crowd is that they don't really know how bad sex can be. And it is possible for such problems to be unresolvable. Especially if one partner has a special preference that the other finds repugnant.

--------------------
Thing of speed and beauty,
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #49
If you planned a long sailing trip - sailing around the world - you would expect yourself to be a knowledgable and practised sailor, wouldn't you. You would also want to know your ship, its machinery, behaviour, reaction and your own interaction with it. You'd prepare yourself for the challenge of meeting the unexpected and the unknown.
So tell me why in life - planning the adventure of marriage - inexperience and lack of knowledge should be an advantage.

You have to learn yourself and your partner which involves learning how to react to each other, to listen, to be aware. You've got to learn that on every level, physical, emotional, mental. Otherwise you may end up abusing your partner without even knowing it or feel abused yourself.

Maybe it all comes down to how many aspects of yourself you are willing to confront and explore. And how much honesty and sharing you are willing and capable to open yourself to.

[ Wednesday, March 03, 2004 00:29: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris

Pages