Join the revolution!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Join the revolution!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Or 'chum' or 'pal' or 'buck' or 'homey' or 'brotha' or 'dog' or 'ho' or anything else.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #26
Logo, Beyond Misc is precisely where I got the idea. It's not like it's copyrighted.
I don't want to conquer the world, take power, execute people, etc. If you would bother to actually read what was posted, you will know what I'm trying to accomplish.
ASD, what were you expecting? And what exactly is so boring about bringing about a new era in human history? I'd say equality and world peace are rather important. We just need to plan it first, otherwise it's doomed to fail.
But in order to plan it, we need all the input we can get, from as many different points of view as possible. Of course, if you want to just wait until we put some idiot in office who likes to push shiny red buttons, that works too. It's world peace, although it's not qutie the way most of us would want to achieve it.
Even if you don't think it will work, it definitely couldn't hurt to help out. We're not taking any action until everything is planned out thoroughly, so once we're ready, you can back out if you're afraid of being executed for treason or something.

[ Monday, February 23, 2004 16:00: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #27
Yeah, what's wrong with you people? Don't you understand that ADoS is the only person in recent history to have thought of this, and that he is a brilliant leader or can find a brilliant leader who is completely willing to lead a non-violent revolution? And don't you know how much sense the phrase "non-violent revolution" makes? Really, I'd have expected more of you idealistic teenage commies. You're obviously slacking off.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #28
the fact that he still hasn't addressed the fact that the link doesn't work for me turns me off.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 233
Profile #29
What was I expecting? I have no idea.

Who wants a non-violent revolution anyway? If I can't have my very own arsenal of mutant killer puppies, how am I supposed to take over the word? I suppose I could always start a new religion, but that inevitably causes rioting and other assorted pointless acts of violence.

--------------------
I'm just too selfish to be Zen. I mean, once you lose yourself and reach total enlightenment you don't care what the answer was in the first place. Ultimately a few good friends and a bag of Doritos is a better investment.

There is no such thing as an over-active imagination.

Hmm... These games are addictive and quite possibly dangerous. I fear the FDA will start regulating RPGs.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #30
Wait! I'm an idealistic teenage commie! I'll join the revolution! Lets do it for the people people, and fly the red flag. If, of course, red's your colour ADoS.

(That repitition of people was deliberate. Just read it again if you didn't get it.)

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #31
I recommend SD reads up on the history of far left groups before he castigates us for mocking and ostracising (wrong word, but it sounds better than 'no longer ignoring') ADoS.

And on the occasions where non-violent revolutions have taken place. Not many, I'll grant you, but a few.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't pay good money to see Lenin tear ADoS apart using only the power of his mind.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #32
ADoS, I attempted to post on revolutions board, IT DID NOT WORK!

quote:
morganwild32 [3:15 PM]: I always thought the best way of grabbing power is to use the system already in place.
this is a very good idea.

I recommand, to reclaim the streets. With some good, local DJs you can easily attract a big crowd, and revolution would come in drum'n'bass ...

((
IMAGE(Join the revolution! (2)_files/biggrin.gif) )
((((
reclaim spiderweb boards

--------------------
site of the month:
Do not trample down the earth on which you walk.
Calculate your personal footprint.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #33
I honestly don't care whether we overthrow the government or not. As long as the main goals of world peace and equality are achieved, I will be happy.
As for not being able to access the boards, post, etc., it's because it's an Invision board. I'm currently moving it to EZBoard. It has ads and it generally sucks, but it's free and you can access it. Unless someone has a better idea, that is.
Also, you don't need to be an idealistic teenage commie. I've been trying to get a few conservatives to join, but none of them seem to want world peace.
Come on, people! We can do it if we try.

The Place Where You Do Stuff
The new board.

[ Tuesday, February 24, 2004 15:37: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #34
Bob, my post was dripping with sarcasm.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

As for not being able to access the boards, post, etc., it's because it's an Invision board. I'm currently moving it to EZBoard. It has ads and it generally sucks, but it's free and you can access it. Unless someone has a better idea, that is.

Get a hosting service that will support My-SQL and php, upload an invision or phpBB board or whatever, and use that one. No ads, FREE, no downtime, well..possibly if you don't know how to manually set up a message board, and there ya go!

Oh, so now you need the free host eh? Get one you can FTP upload files on, and have one about 50 megs...good for any message board of that size.

This might help you.

--------------------
-TEH BOOGEYMAN STRIKES AGAIN

--------------------

And then there's always a Chance nearby...
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #36
IMAGE(Join the revolution! (2)_files/lenin.jpg)

I'M NOT WEARING ANY TROUSERSKY!!!

HALP
Lifecrafter
Member # 233
Profile #37
quote:
As long as the main goals of world peace and equality are achieved, I will be happy.
You are destined to lead a sad existance, striving for unattainable ideals until, at the age of 39, you realize the futility of your efforts and jump off a tall building.

--------------------
I'm just too selfish to be Zen. I mean, once you lose yourself and reach total enlightenment you don't care what the answer was in the first place. Ultimately a few good friends and a bag of Doritos is a better investment.

There is no such thing as an over-active imagination.

Hmm... These games are addictive and quite possibly dangerous. I fear the FDA will start regulating RPGs.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #38
Oh, I plan to achieve world peace and equality.

By grinding absolutely everyone so far into the dirt that inequality is tough to get on a big scale, much less is war possible.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Logalot^2:

Which, I may add has the distinct smell of Polaris rip off forums.
Oh SNAP! No you didn't! Like you should talk!

Sis-tah, puh-leeeze!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #40
hey, quit associating us with the Almighty Doer of Altar Boys - err - Stuff!

[ Tuesday, February 24, 2004 19:11: Message edited by: Generic Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #41
I find it hard to see how anybody could have missed the sarcasm. That doesn't mean some of the viewpoints you were expressing weren't wrong.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
the fact that he still hasn't addressed the fact that the link doesn't work for me turns me off.
My link doesn't work either. And why is a new messageboard called a revolution?
I would visit the board if I could. No doubt some of you people have put him down a bit though, he was expecting some enthusiasm and what he gets is a lot of people saying:

"What's so great about your board? We can't be bothered and we don't care. Go away."

On the other hand, I don't like the word chap. It sounds like the sort of word posh old men playing croquet use.

--------------------
The most pointless site in the world!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Bush's answer:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #43
As ADoS mentioned earlier, the board has been converted to an EZBoard, and it now resides at a new address. Examine his post above for the link.

And please, shorten your signature. You're making baby Vogel cry.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #44
Who's Baby Vogel? I shall NOT be inconvenienced because of him! Actually I just recently got a signature complaint, and I don't see why people don't just read around it. I'll go check out the board now...

EDIT:
quote:
I'M NOT WEARING ANY TROUSERSKY!!!

HALP
What??

[ Wednesday, February 25, 2004 09:00: Message edited by: You know who this is ]

--------------------
The most pointless site in the world!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Bush's answer:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #45
That's baby Vogel. Your signature is shallow und makes me yawn.

IMAGE(Join the revolution! (2)_files/frown.gif)
( ^_
" "
sick chicken, escaped from an asian poultry farm

--------------------
site of the month:
Do not trample down the earth on which you walk.
Calculate your personal footprint.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #46
Wise, Djur was insinuating that Polaris is a ripoff of Desperance, so it's hypocritical to tell ADoS he's ripping off Polaris when we ourselves are guilty of doing the same. I think.

Youknowwhoblahblahblah, you're signature is indeed far too long. Really now, when your signature is longer than the sum of your posts in any given topic, something's wrong.

Djur meant that Lenin is not wearing any trousers, and is thus calling for help in a Russian accent. Let us gather in prayer in order for this great man to regain his lost dignity in the form of a nice pair of custom-tailored leggings.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #47
You Know Who, seriously, shorten it. It was moderately amusing the first time, but it's far too long for a signature - just leave the link instead. And remember, Drakey can edit your profile if necessary.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #48
The darn link won't work! IMAGE(Join the revolution! (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)IMAGE(Join the revolution! (2)_files/mad.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #49
ADoS is shutting down the Invision forum, and has set up an EZBoard to discuss revolutionary matters. The new link is in one of ADoS's posts above. But both are rather dead at the moment, so there's very little point in looking into either now.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky

Pages