Shattered Alliance - Remake

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Shattered Alliance - Remake
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #0
I don't care wtf your problem is, Alec, but that RP is fine - especially if FB didn't join. I am remaking it.

Relevant posts:
Written by Firedrake (Member # 2242) on February 06, 2004, 10:45 AM:

It's time for another rp, seeing as the last one ended a few weeks ago.

Many years ago, an alliance was forged between two kingdoms to fight off the northern giant tribes. The larger of these kingdoms, Acadina, was ruled by the wise King Renaldo. The smaller kingdom of Kliste was governed by the also wise King Germaine. These two waged war with the northern giants for years, until finally, a great battle ended it all. The Alliance held and the giant's power were shattered.

Years after the war, peace and prosperity existed in the two kingdoms. They maintained trade and made many new advances in tech and magic. The Alliance held for centuries. Many battles occured during this time. The Eastern Nargi Kingdom attacked 400 A.W. (After the Great War) and were repulsed. They fought the orc tribes off from the west. Things were going good.

That is until today, 900 A.W. Kliste troops marched across the border and razed towns along the Kliste/Arcadina border. This was in responce to the assassination of a top Kliste government official. Proof pointed towards the Arcadinans The two kingdoms gear up for war and few suspect that an outside force is controlling it all...

Alright, create a character and identify your side. Arcadina, Kliste, or Other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Written by X-Ray Kitty (Member # 1217) on February 06, 2004, 11:05 AM:

OOC: I'm in. My mind is starving for a good RP
IC: Name: Sitruc Nnyelb
Age 26
Height 5' 11"
Side: Other (Mercenary)
Equipment: Shadow Slayer (Dark Katana), Ninja Gear, Ninja Hood, Agility Bracelet, Supernova Stars (Fire Shurikens), Boots of Speed.
Background: Sitruc grew up in a large city. He was taken from his home at an early age and taught the fine arts of the ninja. He was employed by many different people who needed dirty work done but couldn't do it themselves. Little is known about him or his dark past.

Sitruc looked down at the field below from his sheltered cave in the mountains. He had thought something like this would happen due to his actions, but he didn't care. The of Arcadina had payed him well to assasinate that official, but he couldn't say no. Not to that sum anyway. At any rate, the battle raging below couldn't touch him, and besides, he was a mercenary. He needed to pay for himself somehow...

OOC: Yes my character is a HUGE badass

[ February 06, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: X-Ray Kitty ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Written by Taron Merallion (Member # 2984) on February 06, 2004, 11:47 AM:

This roleplay looks doomed to failure, but let's see how it turns out...

For the record, try to put something more worthwhile in your char desc than height/age/gender/eye color/hair color. Any fool can generate such stuff at random, really *creating* a character takes more work.

All right, I guess I'll do a young char this time.

Rinaric Merral, or Rin for short, was a man of short stature. His form was lithe, and he had a pale complexion that was accentuated by raven-black hair and extremely dark grey eyes. Someone seeing him for the first time might have placed his age at twenty, more or less; truly, the thirty eight years Rin had lived through had been kind to him.

His profession... well, that was hard to say really. He was a gatherer of information, to put it subtly. That should say it all. If he could be said to be in anybody's 'service', it was that of the Kingdom of Kliste. For the moment.

And, to put it a bit bluntly, right at this moment he regretted it sorely. War was never good times for a spy. And those who would point out that spies were only employed in war were fools - Rin had been spying on the politics of Arcadina for years now, and he knew that colleagues were listening as attentively to what happened in the capital of Kliste. It was a good arrangement, really. As long as there was peace. While there was peace, nobody would be too suspicious of his actions, and if he was found nobody would deal with him harshly. Now that the two countries were at war, Rin was liable to lose his head when discovered.

He shook his head at the folly of this war, because he had determined quite some time ago that Arcadina, or at least those people who would be responsible for the assassination, were either extremely secretive even in their innermost privacy, or completely blameless. There was haphazard evidence of course, but Rin was suspicious. There was something rotten going on here, and he was determined to find out what.

The problem was that, for the moment, he was rather stuck. The capital was sealed in both directions, and Rin had no hope of getting a message back to his employers. And that was why he was right now sitting in the corner of a pub and cursing his fate silently.

OOC: How's it?
Written by FZ (Member # 3022) on February 06, 2004, 01:50 PM:

Another man entered the bar. He stood still for a moment, as though a flotilla of invisible servants would appear and pamper him. As none did, he hung up his greatcoat on a nearby hook, and sat down.

Few would speak to him. Even as the pub grew busy, and drinkers trying to drown their fears flooded in, none chose to sit beside him. His face was that of defeat, and age.

His name was Trinn Deslar, and his reputation was infamy in Arcadina. When he was younger, younger than his memories allowed him, he was a force of power, a magnificent power amongst the politics of Arcadina. He had many supporters, voices to carry his cry. He had challenged for the role of Premiership.

He lost. He could still remember those days of glory, of him standing and the crowd, cheering below. His message, he could still remember his message, and it filled him with a pride that almost burst his heart.

His fists clenched a little. The image of that rally filled his mind, as it has done so often. The chants, the terror and the ecstacy. How could he have lost?

---

"Might!" He had cried out, his fist punching the air. He was Tritt then, and the banners bore his name. "We Arcadinans hold the might of the land! Did not we crush the vile Nargis, the corrupted orcs, the foul giants!"

"And what did the Kliste do? They hid behind us, they are parasites to us. And there are others, too, parasites also! The sickening Insectoids, the mutants and the rest! What do we owe them? Nothing! They betrayed us, are betraying us, stealing our wealth."

And then, with a crescendo of controlled hatred, the crowd had roared, and he had joined them. He could remember the chants.

"Repay blood with blood!"

"Dirty mutants!"

"Down with the Alliance!"

And together as one, his glorious army marched, there feet striking fear into the hearts of the inner enemies. They marched to the Marble Palace themselves, to show their support.

But the army was waiting for them.

---

Afterwards, he tried to fade, to disappear. He changed names, but there was no way to change his face. Trinn's fierce blue eyes, his jutting jaw and dark complexion was hard to hide. As time went on, however, the old guard died, and the midwinter incident was forgotten. His wealth dwindled, and his supporters melted away. By now, he was just another old man, and his aura of anger and hatred kept the unwelcome away.

But now, with this war, the first part of his wishes was complete. There was a chance now that he has never had, to build the purified, cleansed, sacred Arcadina he has always desired.

He caught the gaze of a man nearby in a corner. He still had contacts, and one had told him of a certain spy. This then was an inroad to the golden path of power, a tool through which he can shape the world. Through a detestable Klisten, he can seize the sword of strength.

Then he may decide what to do with it.

OOC: Needless to say, Trinn is not a nice guy.

Written by Xeon Wise Man (Member # 1046) on February 06, 2004, 08:42 PM:

OOC: hmm... i'll use Maestro here:
Name: Maestro, aka Beam Finger
Height: 5'11"
Side: Mercenary
Equipment: Twin blade sword (can be separated into 2 identical sabres), grey overcoat, headband with gold lining, black leather gloves and boots
Skills: he's pretty much an agile fighter, with the secondary skill of being able to shoot beams with his fingers - he won't use this skill unless it was truly necessary but when he DOES use it it can be quite lethal (though also quite demanding on magical energy)
Background: yea yea, will come later

IC:
Maestro stood atop a city wall in Kliste. In the distance, a fierce battle was taking place. He had never liked open battles - just seven years ago he had been a ninja, though he had changed his ways since then. He continued to observe the surroundings.

After memorizing much of the surrounding area, Maestro decided to check the pub - it was the only thing he could do. Perhaps he would find some competent people who would help him investigate the true causes of this war...

Written by Taron Merallion (Member # 2984) on February 07, 2004, 05:52 AM:

OOC: I can see into the future, apparently. I say 'this roleplay is doomed to failure', and just as I finish speaking, Zephyr turns up. Sorry, but that had to be said. Zephyr, please for the love of the sacred RP, stop using the —— * stars in your ICs.

Just to show an example.

Rin: *enters a bar, looks around.* Hey there! *slays everyone*.

Get the point? Try for a narrative, past tense, form instead. And I somehow don't think Firedrake will be happy with your insect.

MSW, the setting of this world would appear to be not out of the ordinary, and certainly not very Tolkien-esque. We have magic, we have non-humans, and some evidence of early Renaissance technology, plus probably printing. Not terribly different from Ermarian (the Avernum world).

IC:

Rin looked up. A lot more people had entered the bar by now; it was approaching sunset and there was little else to do. Several of the people caught his eye.

At the sight of one of them, he paused. The old man looked at him strangely, with piercingly blue eyes. The face reminded him of someone...

I'll be damned. Rin had not been alive at the time, but he had read history books. Couldn't be, probably, but still — the age fitted the facts. Rin had a keen eye for people, and he had intensely researched the history and culture of both kingdoms. It was essential in his position.

But how did such a man come here? He was dressed as a civilian, sure enough. A Klisten garb. The man must have been on the run for several decades before time covered up the incident.

Another man entered, younger than him probably, but looking older than he did. He was one of the Klisten soldiers, as far as Rin could see, but looked like a sellsword. He stuck out in a crowd like this, were most people were dressed as civilians. He also looked around carefully before sitting down, much as the old man had.

Looks like it'll start any moment. Scene 1: The Encounter in the Tavern. Rin thought wrily. He had long ago grown used to detecting when an adventure was about to start, and to thinking of it in separate scenes. Any moment now.

Written by FZ (Member # 3022) on February 07, 2004, 08:25 AM:

Scene 1: The Encounter in the Tavern. Trinn ignored the mayhem of the hovering bug. Like most in the pub, it caught his attention for a moment or too, but before long, he returned to his drink.

Another moment of mutant hostility. Soon it would be back to the good old days, and the likes of him will be able to find a final solution to this problem.

He returned to the task at hand. The spy had narrowed his eyes, and he urged himself to be more careful. His plans would be damaged if he gave even a suggestion of his true identity, and his true plans.

So he got up, stumbled clumsily past the spy, and left by the front door, hidden by the melee.

A note had been planted.

"Sir,

I know who you are, and I can expose you. I also know what you suspect, and I agree with your suspicions. We will both profit from a new peace, and an end to this war. Come meet me in the alley behind Elm Street, or I will do my civil duty and inform the authorities.

T. D."

Written by Namothil (Member # 169) on February 07, 2004, 08:30 AM:

I suppose I'll join in for now.

IC:

An old man walking by noticed the insectoid idiot. 'Hmm. Someone could get hurt if this goes on.' His hand flicked out sharply, and the insectoid froze in mid-strike. 'Good. Stasis does work on that thing.' He slipped around the frozen creature, and stepped into the tavern. "Would someone mind explaining what that idiot was trying to do?"

Character:
Name: Mirarn
Age: Indeterminate (He's forgotten, no one else ever knew)
Height: About 6 foot.
Side: Other (His motives are his own, and he usually doesn't explain them.)
Equipment: Staff, enchanted robe (Effectively equivalent to high-quality leather armor.)
Skills: Very good at defensive magic. Offensive magic limited to non-lethal spells. (i.e. paralysis, sleep) Limited staff-fighting ability (Limited primarily by strength, not skill)

Written by Zephyr Tempest (Member # 2339) on February 07, 2004, 09:08 AM:

Xov: Xov was paralyzed, but he still heard what Mirarn said. He tries to free himself, but fails. Xov goes berserk. The paralysis wears off. Mirarn finds himself being held 4 inches from the ground, and face-to-face with an angry Xov. "I'm an idiot, huh? TAKE THIS!" Xov tightens his grip, and his claws dig into Mirarn. He then throws Mirarn on the ground. Xov lifts his foot and gets ready to stomp on Mirarn.

OOC: He's strong, but reckless. You can use that to your advantage.

[ February 07, 2004, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

Written by Xeon Wise Man (Member # 1046) on February 07, 2004, 09:19 AM:

"Whatever the answer could be, it must be quite disturbing," Maestro replied, just as the insectoid fool attacked the old man. The former ninja turned to him: "You indeed ARE unworthy of even animals! How dare you try to kill seniors?"

"Nobody talks to me like that!" The insect cried, and lunged at Maestro. He was fast enough, though, to dodge its attempt at tackling him head-on. Not wanting to kill the fool, he then simply karate-chopped it in the neck, quickly knocking it out.

He then stood back up - this old man could be helpful in stopping the war. "Hey gramps," Maestro called, "I need to speak to you for a minute. Meet me outside."

Written by Zephyr Tempest (Member # 2339) on February 07, 2004, 10:31 AM:

Wise Man...Xov has no neck. Therefore he is still conscious.

IC:
Maestro attempted to karate-chop Xov's non-exsistent neck, but he only succeeded in hitting Xov's thorax and making him even angrier.
Xov: "DIE, FOOL!" Xov slashes Maestro in the back of his head, which knocked him away a few feet.

[ February 07, 2004, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

Written by Namothil (Member # 169) on February 07, 2004, 11:23 AM:

"You're starting to annoy me, insect." Mirarn's hands flashed through a complicated gesture, and Xov was frozen again. "That will hold him until I release the spell, and I'll wait to do that until somone's ready to take charge of him. Now, you wanted to discuss something?" He stepped outside and waited for this strange warrior to continue.

Written by Xeon Wise Man (Member # 1046) on February 07, 2004, 11:40 AM:

Maestro followed. "I am part of an organization known as the Sentinels," Maestro announced. "I believe you have not heard of them, as they are highly ... underground. My name is Maestro, by the way."

"Ah," the old man replied. "Mine is Mirarn. Why do you want to speak with me in particular?"

"We, the Sentinels, are dedicated to stopping this war and finding the true causes, if possible. These two formerly allied kingdoms cannot become immediately hostile to each other, so suddenly. I am one of those selected to recruit several skilled men and women to investigate the clues that we may find. I only need a few recruits - three or four at most. I can tell that you are a highly skilled mage, Mirarn. Would you like to join me?"

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
OOC:

Big apologies for the confusion I seemingly caused through my mistake. I mixed up the kingdoms midway (it isn't easy being a spy... IMAGE(Shattered Alliance - Remake_files/tongue.gif) ), and thought that I was in a bar in Kliste.

It's in Arcadina of course (the bar Rin went into at least). I made a mistake when I spoke of several people being dressed like Klistenians, of course they're Arcadinans.

Oh, and Alec: Yes, it is of course quite an opportunity to flood the thread with Kafka as a response to Zephyr's insect, but can't we stay a bit more reasonable?

Oh yes, and I'm considering withdrawing from this; sorry. IMAGE(Shattered Alliance - Remake_files/frown.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #2
I dislike this RP because it's looking to look a lot like Zombie Attack, only with thorough internal strife.
And all of the characters are evil.

The straw that broke the camel's back was Chicken Little pouncing on it and RPing as... characteristic, I'd say.

[ Saturday, February 07, 2004 12:59: Message edited by: Full Frontal Nudity Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #3
by your concept, Maestro would be the only 'good guy'.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #4
OOC: And since when does your dislike of a topic excuse extreme discourtesy? If you don't like it, don't read it.

IC:
"I am curious as to the origins of this conflict. And I do not think joining you will disrupt my own plans too seriously. Yes, I believe I will."

[ Saturday, February 07, 2004 13:09: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #5
"Many thanks, old Mirarn," Maestro replied. "Now, let's go back inside - at least one more recruit is required, though two would be optimal."

OOC: if anybody else wants to join Maestro just say so.

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Full Frontal Nudity Custer:

I dislike this RP because it's looking to look a lot like Zombie Attack, only with thorough internal strife.
And all of the characters are evil.

The straw that broke the camel's back was Chicken Little pouncing on it and RPing as... characteristic, I'd say.

What's your problem?

Next time I make a rp, I'm going to spend a while thinking it up so people who don't even bother to give it a chance don't whine.

IC: Later, gotta eat some food IMAGE(Shattered Alliance - Remake_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #7
Character:Llywann
Born in a disreputable section of Acadina, Llywann quickly learned that the only way to avoid being killed was to kill.
He has no strong allegiance to his country of birth, though, and is sitting in a secluded corner of the bar, waiting to see if anyone is in need of his "services".

--------------------
-WildKarrdeSmuggler

-----------------------------------
Visit the Smuggler's Alliance
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #8
Doesn't being able to freeze an enemy until one decides to free it a bit overpowered?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #9
OOC: Zephyr, your starting fights with the others already and we're only about 9 posts in. Zephyr, you MIGHT get your character back later.

IC: Suddenly, a shockwave hit the center of the town. A large glowing portal formed. Out jumped a huge man in crimson armor.

"Xov, you have violated the laws of the Plane of Doom and instilled god-like powers upon your character. That action is reserved for creatures from the Plane of Doom or the Plane of Overpowered God Characters. Come with me or else," the giant man boomed. The man put one arm around the struggling Xov and pulled him through the portal.

Fredric shook his head as he passed the location of the battle with Xov. The status of things had gotten out of hand. He was one of the more elite troops in the Arcadinan Empire and was sent to this town on a special mission; To investigate the rumors of an internal force manipulating the war. He was to assemble a team of outside mercenaries to deal with the threat. They would be payed well of course. He had watched Maestro and Mirair fight the bug, and decided he would try to recruit them soon. He first went to the tavern to scout out some talent for the upcoming mission...

OOC: My character

Name: Frederic Hammers
Hair/Eyes: Brown, Blue
Description: A man with a muscular build, brash personality and quick reflexes. Quite good with a melee weapon, horrible with any thing far ranged.

[ Saturday, February 07, 2004 19:25: Message edited by: Firedrake ]

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #10
The fire was bright and steady, yet the magically induced flames did not warm her. It seemed to happen more and more often with each passing winter: the chill entered her bones, and it hurt to breath, and the pain in her chest would not leave until summer held firm reign.

Khatereh gazed into the fire. Once, she mused, she would not have sat for so long in an armchair. In her youth she had been impatient with inactivity; only study could have enticed her to stay indoors. But she was no longer a youth. Power had brought its rewards, and age a mellowing. She was content now to sit as she did.

The knock on the door was quiet and respectful. Khatereh remained as she was, hoping it would go away. It didn't. With a soundless, sigh, she rose to her feet and slowly made her way to the door. Her joints were becoming stiffer every year.

The man who stood on the other side seemed no more than a boy to her aged eyes. He was tall and striking, bearing the classical Klisten features, his youthful face molded into an expression of polite respect. He bowed, the fabric of his apprentice's robes making no sound against the cold stone floor.

"Member Khatereh. Lord Ardavan requests a meeting with some urgency. He has additional information you may find useful in your investigation."

"Can it not wait?" Khatereh asked a trifle testily.

"Lord Ardavan bade me make haste. He is in the Order meeting halls."

"And Lord Ardavan must be obeyed, even by a First Circle mage," Khatereh said mildly, her tone betraying none of her true feelings. "But I am afraid you will have to wait upon an old woman's speed."

Khatereh brushed her fingertips over the engraved door as she stepped past the man. Her steps were indeed slow, and she could feel the youth's impatience and carefully hidden condescension. But he was courteous, and waited for her to pass before falling into step behind her. Khatereh paused at the top of the stairs. It was long, winding stone, and it took her longer to traverse them with each passing year. The man stepped up behind her, his feet making no noise at all. He gently positioned both hands behind her back and pushed with all his strength.

Khatereh watched from the doorway as his eyes widened, his hands passing through her illusion. His strength had been great; he tumbled a long way before his neck snapped against the cornered stone. Why do the young imagine the old are weak and careless? With a sigh, Khatereh closed the door and returned to her armchair. We have done everything they imagine they might do. One time or another.

Khatereh no longer cared who sent them, enemy Arcadinans or rival Klistens.

Five. Five attempts in the last month.

[ Sunday, February 08, 2004 00:34: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #11
How is Xov overpowered?

Disadvantages:His claws and spikes can get blunt, his exoskeleton is no harder than plastic(The hard plastic. Not as in a plastic bag.), his body without his exoskeleton is frail, flying more than short disrances really tires him out, he's reckless and aggressive(Which can be taken advantage of), he has a bad reputation as a mad scientist. Going berserk makes him even more reckless and aggressive. He has rancid breath, making it more unpleasent to talk to him.

Advantages: He can go berserk, making him hit harder. Having 4 limbs with 3 claws and an abdomen with 2 spikes, he has more of a chance when fighting outnumbered. He can fly short distances.

Does that seem overpowered?

[ Sunday, February 08, 2004 04:55: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #12
OOC: AHH HOLY FREAKING CRAP JUST USE A HUMAN. That is all.

IC: They are coming.

Trenton settled back against the branch and reached for an arrow.

Three, maybe four.

He reached for another arrow, put it back, and found the longer one; the second shot would surely be more difficult.

There, coming over the hill.

Trenton squinted; he could barely see through the leaves. Of course, his targets would have no chance of seeing him there; it was a fair trade.

He put a hand against the trunk and raised himself up; he could shoot sitting down, but not accurately. He smiled, listening to the chirping of the birds, mere feet away. With one foot on the branch and the other behind him, he knelt down and nocked the first arrow. He smoothed the feathers with his callused fingers, waiting for his target.

The sound of galloping hooves reached his ears, and he swiftly drew back the bowstring. The man finally came into sight, his eyesight, and he let the arrow fly. A perfect shot; the man fell from his horse, and was trampled by the horse behind him. Trenton quickly nocked the second arrow, pulled, and released; the second man fell with a scream.

There are more.

The galloping stopped, and Trenton could see the horsemen no longer; he knew there were two more. He reached for a higher branch, pulled himself up, and slipped. An arrow fell from his quiver, and the birds flew from the branches; he cursed himself for his clumsyness and dropped down onto the lower branch.

They see it.

The hoofbeats started up again, this time getting closer, cautiously; by bending down, Trenton could easily see the horsemen. They were spies, they must be; only spies would wear such cloaks, the horses were obviously stolen, and anyway, his inner sight never lied.

A horseman rode in easy range and Trenton reached for an arrow. Suddenly, the fourth spy rode directly under him.
"Agnon! Here! He is here!"
The spy ducked around the trunk as Trenton lowered his bow; he heard a frantic scrambling and the occasional snap behind him. Suddenly, he smiled. The other man rode closer and he fired the arrow; the strangled scream was quickly cut short, and Trenton heard a gasp from behind him.

The horse.

Of course! Trenton put the bow on his back and lowered himself down the tree; when he was close enough, he dropped onto the horse's back and dug his heels in.

"Hey! Damnit -" The spy dropped onto the ground and grabbed his knife; yelling wildly, he ran at Trenton. Trenton drew his own knife, and turned the horse; with a quick flick of the wrist, he buried the knife in the mans chest. Smiling grimly, he rode back and retreived the knife.

The other horses.

Of course. Assassins lived for money, and horses were a very good source of income. He smiled again, taking what he could from the bodies. The Klisten officials would be happy, and happiness also brought money. He wrapped the green cloak closer around himself and rode off.

[ Sunday, February 08, 2004 09:13: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
If you need to give a character disadvantages to even out its advantages, remove both or remake it from scratch.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #14
OK OK! I'll use a human.

Name: Sigmor the Odd
Side: Other(Mercenary)
Height: 6 ft. 4"
Weapon: A long staff and a sling
Armor: Leather armor, boots, gloves, pants, and a leather helmet.
Skills: Potion making and slinging
Advantages: Fast and tough. He is also intellegent. He can jump high.
Disadvantages: Light armor, his weapon doesn't do much damage each hit. Not as strong as other warriors.
Description: He is called Sigmor the Odd because of his strange way of life. He always carries bones around for use. Whenever he camps, he digs underground, makes a make-shift bed, and sleeps there. When he hunts and brings back meat, he makes a cooked shishkabob, and he uses his staff(Or a bone) for the stick. Sometimes he just jams his staff into his prey and eats it off that. He has more odd habbits than the ones stated above. He has blue eyes and prefers to be alone. For some reason, he doesn't like archers, so he goes after them first in battle if there are any. He is very alert. But sometimes paranoid.

I don't think Sigmor is overpowered.

IC:
Sigmor peeks up out of his hole and looks around.
He sees a rabbit. He takes his sling of his neck and takes one of his bones. He puts it on the sling and fires at the rabbit. It hits. He climbs out over to the stunned rabbit and hits it with his pole. He goes back underground with it. He takes some wood he gathered earlier and started a bonfire. He james the rabbit on a bone and cooks it.
Sigmor: "Mmmmmmmm...rabbit. And more bones!" He skins the rabbit with a sharpened bone and eats it all but the skin, bones, brain, and eyeballs. "I can sell the fur somewhere, and then...use the eyeballs and brain for...something." He puts the remains of the rabbit in his bag and puts out the fire. He climbs out and uses a thigh bone with a shoulderblade tied to it and buries his "campsite". "Hmmmmmmmmm...where to go next..." He heads to the town to sell his fur. He turns a lot of heads while he's in town. Some people point and whisper.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
OOC: tough, dexterous, highly mobile, highly intelligent and alert. dude, that just means your character is powerful in every major attribute! i mean, Maestro's just cunning and slightly dextrous/agile!

IC:
"Say, Maestro, how about that weirdo across the street?" Mirarn inquired, now knowing that Maestro needed a couple recruits.

"I am NOT hiring that barbarian," Maestro replied, disgusted at the remains of meat around the wild man's mouth, possibly from eating dead people. "He'll probably eat my damn bills too. Let's go back inside."

Inside, they saw plenty of assassins for hire: the kind that would rather slit a leader's throat than to find the puppeteers of strife; a former ninja should know that fact first-hand. Maestro noticed a tough man - somebody who might be helpful to him. It seemed, apparently, that he is looking for help as well.

Maestro approached the man from behind, and patted him in the shoulder while Mirarn stood behind him. "Hey there," Maestro greeted as the well-built warrior turned around.

"I saw you fight that giant bug outside," he replied. "You two seem to be quite skilled. I could use some help investigating the true causes of this war."

This man will be much more than a meatshield for me.

"Intriguing," Maestro replied. "I am doing what you are doing. Your name and allegiance?"

"Frederic Hammers," the man replied, then looked around. "Of the Arcadians," he then finished with a lowered voice.

"I see..." Maestro nodded. "I am commonly known as Maestro. This old man here is Mirarn. I would be pleased to ... collaborate with you."

... And we should be set to go the next day!

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #16
OOC: Just because someone can run fast doesn't mean they have high dexterity. And I didn't say he was highly intellegent!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #17
OOC: i need Namothil or Firedrake's reply please.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #18
Ok, I don't really like having a human warrior. They just seem a bit too plain.

IC:
Sigmor the Odd jumps on top of a building and jumps into the distance.

OOC:
Name: Zortis
Species: Human

I'll add more details then put him in. I'll make sure he isn't overpowered.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #19
OOC: If nobody minds, I'm leaving this rp. to confusing.

IC: Sitruc leaves the continent quietly, never to be heard in this rp again.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

7500! 7500! 7500! 7500! Make the Post! Sign the petition!
Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #20
Actually this is just a cover story. Llywann really assassinated him.

--------------------
-WildKarrdeSmuggler

-----------------------------------
Visit the Smuggler's Alliance
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #21
OOC: What reply do you need from me?

IC:
"I think I'll get some provisions for myself." Mirarn walked over to the bar. "Barkeep! What's for dinner?"
"Roasted chicken for the normal meal, or we can prepare duck if you'd prefer."
"The chicken will be fine. Twelve meals, if you please." He flipped some coins onto the counter.
"Right away, sir."
After the food was brought out, Mirarn started muttering a shrink spell over it. A second spell, this time one of stasis, insured that the food would remain shrunk and unspoiled for some time. It would even stay hot, while being cool to the touch until the stasis was lifted. "That should do for a little while. Have to get some more normal rations to go with it." He tossed the bespelled meals into his sack.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #22
Name: Zortis
Occupation: Priest(A3 spells up to mass curing all equivelent to level 2)
Species: Human
Height: 6 ft.
Side: Other(Priest for hire)
Equipment: Long white robe(With hood), pants, boots, gloves, herbs, and a silver necklace with a star in a circle(Any relations to any Avernum/Exile or real religions are purely coincidence), and a 6 foot 4 inch staff made out of wood.
Advantages: Priestly powers, and intellegent
Disadvantages: Fragile and weak
Description: Zortis has been training hard to become a powerful priest. He started learning at age 5 and has been practicing for 15 years(He's 20). He has made a lot of progress and will make a very skilled priest. He is kind hearted and always keeps his hood on. But his bangs hang over his eyebrowns. They are brown like his eyes. He has a small scar(shaped like a dot and white) on his forehead. He demands 5 gold pieces every other day
if you hire him.

Is Zortis overpowered?

[ Tuesday, February 10, 2004 16:48: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #23
Frederic spoke up. "I'll be ready to go anytime soon. I need to get a few supplies. I also want to check out the city slums. There have been reports of some suspicious looking people there, like assassins or ninjas, something out of the ordinary."

He then quickly crossed the street and bought some supplies and then returned, ready to go.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #24
[ooc]Zephyr: he's fine. Please stick with him for the duration of this RP. [/ooc]

"My investigation is not yet over. The signs are not clear."

Lord Ardavan made a gesture of annoyance. Pivoting on one heel, he put his back to Khatereh and strode to the window. The coloured glass streamed strange shades across his features. Tall, austere, mouth set in a hard line that was the greatest warning he ever gave those who angered him, Ardavan said nothing as he gazed at the scene etched in glass. The set of his shoulders betrayed his impatience without words.

Khatereh watched this discourtesy without comment. If anything, her gaze grew milder and her expression gentler. It was not for nothing that she was often the one assigned to dealing with the arrogant and easily riled Klisten nobles; her quiet manner was a shield that the nobles could not penetrate, and hence she was less able to be manipulated by them. "The death of Lord Fahrang was well planned and executed. Very little was left to follow."

"The evidence found by the Judicars implicated the Arcadinans. The Court has accepted this verdict. You do not?"

"My investigations are not yet over." Khatereh hesitated. "And you do not accept it either, my lord, or you would not continue financing my efforts."

Ardavan's expression was neutral. "My brother has been murdered. Do you not think I would spare no expense to find his killer?"

Silent, Khatereh bowed in acknowledgement of Ardavan's loss.

"The Arcadinans were involved - they have pushed us to war. But I would find the hand that held the blade."

"To the best knowledge my informers can gather, that one is already dead. He was a trained killer, one of many shadow kindred."

For a long moment, Ardavan said nothing. But he was not appeased. "And the hand that commanded this common assassin? That one also I claim." The lord turned away. "I grow weary for results, Member Khatereh, and my men restless. Time is not with you."

Khatereh accepted the warning and threat as she did all else: with the dignity gained only with power and age. She bowed once more and took her leave of the lord who now stared, lost in thought, into the golden liquid swirling around the goblet held in one white-knuckled hand.

[ Friday, February 13, 2004 01:01: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.

Pages