Note to Everyone

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Note to Everyone
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
Let's say the word Shitte (Means "to know" in Japanese) is censored. Which it is. Fortunately, the autocensor does not recognize words that are broken up by something. Shi tte works just fine, but that still looks pretty stupid. Fortunately, you can break the words up with tags. WHAT YOU DO:

[b]Shi[/b][b]tte[/b]

^_^

Shitte

[ Friday, January 09, 2004 13:07: Message edited by: Haamana the Homicider ]

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #1
Ah, highly informative. I'd better copy this onto my computer before the mods edit it out.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
It's not offensive at face value. If someone wants to speak Japanese on the boards, they have the right to do so! :P

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #3
Just like the indian artist A****a Mewlen. Aka, ashita Mewlen. Can't write that nah.
Its a biach!

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Or the link in someone's sig -- www.jesus_is_hitler.com only without the underscores -- which was censored to www.jesusi****ler.com.

Actually, that one's probably more offensive than the word the autocensor thought it picked up on, but eh.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #5
Funny site, though.

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
Yes. Moronic, but funny. The sad thing is that some peopel will probably take it for truth - I mean, if people are dumb enough to believe the creators of this site are serious, then I'm sure people are also dumb enough to believe that this "theory" is right.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #7
Before someone tells David he's an idiot, I'll point out that almost half the people who read this took it seriously. Human stupidity is hard to over-estimate.

That said, I doubt David's right.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
Oh omlette, that's hilarious. As is the apology :P

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
The character of Elrond was based on Agent Smith from The Matrix.
That's the best one, imho... And you know the wizards' first rule: People are stupid, and believe what they want to believe. :P

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #10
Hey! Be careful with your words! I believed in that! :P
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
The Orcs were obviously stolen from PC game maker Blizzard and its Warcraft series. Too bad Blizzard is apparently too scared to sue New Line over it.
ah damn, this is gold... ROFL

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
The thing is, more things were ripped off from Lord of the Rings than from any other fantasy novel... so naturally if you see it the other way around, LotR appears to be nothing but the sum of all fantasy cliches. ;)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #13
quote:
Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman.
Erika?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #14
"12. Return of the Living Dead.

In FOTR, if you watch closely during the Inn scene, Frodo and his crew are shown getting stabbed by the Ring Wraiths. Then, five seconds later, they are fine again. Note to the director: try proofreading your movie before you release it to the public."

I am being laughing my damn ass off.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #15
Some of the cast replacements would be pretty cool, except with some you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other, like the monkey and Strider, or Vin Diesel and Frodo, simply because they look so similar. Only problems would be that Vin would probably ruin continuity by packing a piece, and of course the monkey would probably be too good for a LotR film.

I don't know maybe it's just me, me being a giant mutated angry sea bass... but probably not.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because i can, but i don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #16
After reading all of the points again, and spending an hour commenting then.. I'm not sure anymore if I want to send the guy hatemail. I mean, it's somewhat clear that the whole list was written to be a joke, or he's just a plain moron. Anyway, it's too damn funny to be taken off. ;)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
That was a very good list of the flaws in LotR, but he didn't hit the major failure: lack of originality. LotR is just like every stupid half-baked fantasy story published by some idiot who couldn't come up with an original idea to save his life. Don't they all realize that blatant imitation doesn't make for good reading?

—Alorael, who does agree that somebody should make a movie out of the prologue, or better yet, the Silmarillion. It would be insane and it would have only a limited audience, but just think of how much criticism the the soundtrack could get for not producing sufficiently divine Music of the Ainur.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #18
Sorry, Alo, but most of the flaws he had there were faulty. :P

--------------------
- The Great Mister
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #19
It's a reasonably good article, but the creators have written better. Try www.jaypinkerton.com Some cause uncontrollable laughter and if read at 1AM result in you waking the rest of your house up.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #20
http://www.livejournal.com/users/morriseymustdie/
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #21
Hey, Alo, did you happen to look at the date that LOTR was written? Waaay before all the books and stories that tried to copy it and turned out "stupid half-baked fantas[ies]"! The entire series was very well written, and you cant say it wasnt origional when it was the origional!

--------------------
No monkeyin' around at Chance :p

And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
Hey, Apollyon, did you happen to notice that Alorael has a functioning brain and a sense of irony?

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Lysenko-chan:

Hey, Apollyon, did you happen to notice that Alorael has a functioning brain and a sense of irony?
This may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me!

—Alorael, who never said anything about LotR not being (or being) origional. But aside from the snide comments, he really did enjoy it. And it really is far better than most of the half-baked imitations. I think the enormous backstory (the Silmarillion, the Histories of Middle Earth) can be thanked for that.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00