How ofetn do you kill the town's folk?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How ofetn do you kill the town's folk?
Apprentice
Member # 292
Profile #0
I was wondering in Spiderweb software games how often you kill the towns folk and wich game(s) you do it the most in.

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=eUzYhwoXmdLd"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=eUzYhwoXmdLd"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Ductape is like the force: it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the unverse together.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #1
In most cases, it's the peasents that hate me, not vice versa. I end up having to kill people for no particular reason. Mostly in Geneforge. In Exile and Avernum, if I really, really hate a town, they might fall prey to payback. But fortunatly for the human race, that doesn't happen often.

--------------------
Chance Forums.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #2
Usually, when I finish the game a couple of times, I like to give the game one last shot.

And that's when all hell breaks loose on those pesky peasants.

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
I never kill peasants, even if they attack me. Just because.

You left out the "None" option in the second question...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #4
I enjoy making a Trannon run through any scenario I manage to finish acceptably well :P

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #5
Never.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #6
there should have been all as well in the games section
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #7
I AWLAYS KILLT HEM NBEC0SE TH3Y DROP PRESIOUS 5 GOLD AN PANST!

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Warrior
Member # 1376
Profile #8
Well, I never save it after I kill them. I just get bored sometimes and wipe out a whole town, killing everything in sight, and then grabbing their loot. Does that count? :P

--------------------
"Never think twice about something if the first time you thought about it you thought you were thinking about it twice when really it was just once, and never think about something once unless there's money involved."
--The Mad Hatter's Deceaced Wife
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #9
If you never save, you have never done it. That's the preciousness of the save feature..."Well should I go here?" *Save* Walk in, get murdered...*Load Game* "Well, lets not, lets go that way instead...*Save*..."

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #10
when i have demos of the games i'll go back to start then go and kill the starte4r town, or towns around it, or just reset hostiles and kill the first missions again.

--------------------
-Sylak
Apprentice
Member # 3809
Profile #11
Ill kill the towns and peasants when i have completed all the missions i can find...otherwise i just leave them alone.

--------------------
Hold fast young one, there is danger all about. He who holds the light of himself within will never shed light on anything, especially the evil minions that roam freely about at night.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #12
I usually like to kill towns for fun, then I'll feel guilty :confused: , so I reload. I used to kill the Gunther Homestead in the beginning of Exile 2, because all the peasants dropped food and gold.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #13
I rarely kill townsfolk in Avernum, although I killed lots of friendlies in Exile since they would always reset. You can get so much experience by killing guards (when you are strong enough) and visiting other towns (possibly killing their guards as well) and then go back to the first one and the guards will have regenerated and then the cycle keeps going until you're level 50 :) . The second time I played Avernum I killed all the people in towns once I was sure that they couldn't be of any more use to me.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Warrior
Member # 1376
Profile #14
I didn't really figure it would count. Although one time in Avernum, I murdered an entire town and then saved it, so I suppose that counts for something. :)

--------------------
"Never think twice about something if the first time you thought about it you thought you were thinking about it twice when really it was just once, and never think about something once unless there's money involved."
--The Mad Hatter's Deceaced Wife
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #15
In a single game of Avernum 3, I killed every living human on the Isle of Bigail after it turned hostile on me (for helping the nephil), then cleaned out the town of Delis after it turned hostile on me for completing Paolo's quest. It was a rather entertaining game. ;)

[ Wednesday, December 24, 2003 08:31: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #16
Town killing was always kind of a daunting task - guards are damn strong! My favorite technique was to create a little bolt hole on the edge of town in Exile using the force barriers, then cast Quickfire and seal it off. It's always amusing to watch the peasents flee the scalding flames.

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #17
and after u take down the barriar in A3, you always have to go back to the Trolog Castle and systematically kill every single one of them. Thats not just fun, thats . . . well i guess it is just fun.

[ Monday, December 29, 2003 20:48: Message edited by: Cho Dan ]

--------------------
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!!
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #18
I once killed some hick town in E3, Bolton, I think it was. It's because of that bug where the red-robed priest attacks you, and it was only Day 4 or something, so it was a tough fight. And the guards just sat on their arses while this guy shot Fireballs at my party.
So I nursed my wounds, and got very very powerful, and came backabout a year later, seeking bloody reveeenge...

The reason why I can't do this very often is because it makes me feel awful to hit 37+18 damage on the little children who aren't even armed. But there weren't any children in Bolton, so that was okay. Anyway.

--------------------
Aces off.