There is no news of Saddam yet?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: There is no news of Saddam yet?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #0
So here. He (presumably) was captured. Discuss.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #1
Yay!

It sounds funny, (but it wouldn't be funny if it was be), to hear that he was hiding in a 6-8 ft. deep hole. And just picture him with a 4 month beard.

--------------------
I want my Desert Plah back, (Drakey, check your PM's.)

"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
Until this is confirmed by several respected international media sources, I refuse to believe it. Of course, it may have already received such confirmation. If so, this is a most unfortunate day for myself and my countrymen. Our fate has been sealed. We are doomed to undergo four more inexpressively painful years under a trained monkey.

[ Sunday, December 14, 2003 10:12: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3476
Profile #3
I think they did a DNA test on him. It showed he was Saddam. x 100

--------------------
The viewing of the signature has wasted 5 seconds of your life.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #4
Eh. It will certainly boost morale. Yay, I guess.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
I heard it on BBC and read it on the newspaper this morning.

I guess it'll boost morale, but let's hope it doesn't boost Dubya's votes...

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #6
Yea, but you have to remember, Geo Bush didn't catch Saddam, our troops did. It's still awesome that we caught Saddam.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #7
I'm not so sure you Americans are definitely consigned to another four years of moronic rule. If this had happened next November, then that would definitely be the case.
However, Saddam's capture is unlikely to deter the resistance in Iraq (far more likely to infuriate them, as it did with Saddam's sons killing), which, while bad for global stability and world peace, is good for getting George Bush out of the White House.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #8
If Bush could stabilize the middle east, I'd vote for whoever the Republicans fielded in '08.

[ Sunday, December 14, 2003 11:01: Message edited by: USA-se Xenerali-boariku CUSITURA ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #9
Apparently it's been on the news all day.
We were arguing today about whether it was more or less "important" here than Diana's death in 1997, which interrupted normal TV schedules for about a week.

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #10
Give it a month and they'll find someone else to bomb.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #11
It's more important, certainly, but it won't clog the schedules so much.

I don't see this as having long-term impact. Most resistance groups appear to be either religiously-motivated, nationalist, or just pissed off with Americans generally. Not even Saddam's closest supporters really liked him. He was just too much of a psychopath to cross.

My main interest will be what happens to him with respect to a trial.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #12
Little kids in Afganistan, thats what they are bombing now thanks to the briliant "inteligence" reports.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #13
Saddam was caught?!? When exactly did that happen?

I probably need to go read the newspaper right about now.

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
I agree with BtI. What's done with him now is more important than the fact that he's been caught.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
Trial? That's an illusion if you ask me. See how long it takes him to commit 'suicide' in custody, or they get careless and some infuriated civilians assassinate him. They'll be arguing about what to do with him of course, but I think he'll be killed by the time they've reached any decision. Only speculations of course.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #16
If they have him now, they will systematically squeeze him for information for a little while. Then feed him some drugs which will make him forget where he was for the last couple days. I doubt he would have any chance of killing himself right now let alone being too aware of where he is. He is probably pumped full of sodium pentathol and happy pills. Nobody is available to observe what is happening to him.

--------------------
The Universe Never Did Make Sense; I Suspect It Was Built On A Government Contract- Robert Heinlein
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #17
BT probably has the right of it. On CNN, I saw a video clip of him getting a med exam. He wasn't really doing much. They probably drugged him. They said he was "talkative and cooperative."

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound like the guy who mass-murdered the Kurds. They say he has all the scars of Saddam and some new ones that could've come from the bombings. So maybe he is Saddam. But I don't think he's completely concious.

Either that, or he's playing it safe and hoping that his friends in Iraq will bust him out after the US has turned him over to the Iraqi war crimes court.

--------------------
Chance Forums.
Warrior
Member # 1376
Profile #18
I heard about it thi morning in church. I was like... "Really?" and then I was like "That's hilarious!" I can't have any pity on him. As a friend of mine said once: "They need to dress him in patriotic underwear with a slit in the back, put him in a cage, and unleash 10 gay men on him." That always struck me as somehow fitting, although I wouldn't want to see it happen personally.

--------------------
"Never think twice about something if the first time you thought about it you thought you were thinking about it twice when really it was just once, and never think about something once unless there's money involved."
--The Mad Hatter's Deceaced Wife
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #19
quote:Originally written by USA-se Xenerali-boariku CUSITURA:
If Bush could stabilize the middle east, I'd vote for whoever the Republicans fielded in '08.I'm w/the megalomaniac, I agree.

quote:Originally written by HolyHandGrenade:
I heard about it thi morning in church. I was like... "Really?" and then I was like "That's hilarious!" I can't have any pity on him. As a friend of mine said once: "They need to dress him in patriotic underwear with a slit in the back, put him in a cage, and unleash 10 gay men on him." That always struck me as somehow fitting, although I wouldn't want to see it happen personally. That's just wrong. Very, very wrong. And scary. (And doesn't it go against the CoC?)

--------------------
I want my Desert Plah back, (Drakey, check your PM's.)

"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #20
Well, if Saddam truely is captured, that has a great effect on my life(primarily cause I bet money on us not capturing him) Oh well. But since we actually captured Saddam, but not Osama, that means Saddam actually wasn't a puppet of the US goverment(this time around). That's a bit of a suprise, but not too much of one.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #21
quote:Originally written by Desert Plah:
That's just wrong. Very, very wrong. And scary. (And doesn't it go against the CoC?)No, it's just extremely stupid. Remember, gay men are like animals -- they'll throw a hump into anything that breathes.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #22
quote:Originally written by Djur:
Remember, gay men are like animals -- they'll throw a hump into anything that breathes. Actually, no we don't and I take great offense to that comment, and I would appreciate it if we would just stop talking about how sex-driven gay men are.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #23
But if gay men aren't sex-driven, then they are actually women in disguise.

[ Sunday, December 14, 2003 21:07: Message edited by: Hinosu ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #24
Well everyone is sex-driven, but gay men aren't to the extent of which you people make us seem like. You make us sound like we have nothing better to do than to F--- all day. Just because a man has a slit in his pants (or whatever) doesn't mean we want to rape him. I'm not sure about every gay man, but the large majority of gay men are just normal people.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito

Pages