The next RP ...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The next RP ...
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #0
... is belonging to James.

That is all.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #1
*offers James a sticky bun*

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #2
Argh not this James again.. >.<

w00t! 200 posts!

©

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 07:34: Message edited by: Feran ]

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #3
who is James??

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #4
James is nearly six, and he does not like balloons.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Sorry, Drakey. I already have one planned out, and I've talked to Imban way ahead of time about it.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #6
And I have had one planned out for a long time too.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #7
Just wanted to say that I too am planning an RP, so reserve some space after all yours, i'm stil woking on it.

--------------------
Crom!
No
Beat

I HATE 1337!!!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #8
--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #9
I'm afraid, Bates, that you'll need an RP license to start an RP. You have to prove a number of things - spelling, grammar, writing skill and most importantly of all, the ability to have the word "Master" put before your name without people sniggering.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #10
Why don't you start yours on TCOA, instead? Their RP board is about your level...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #11
You forget the fact, that I would ban his ass so much out of there if he ever registered (or even posted as a guest).

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #12
Lord, how I wish that Spidweb would stop treating new members with kid gloves, and just start banning people based on public opinion. T'would be so much more efficient...

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #13
Yeah. But y'know, some people do shape up if they're given a second chance.

--------------------
Chance Forums.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #14
Ok listen:

One, the Bates thing is over Morgan, seriously.

Two, RPs is something I take seriously, I always double-check my spelling in the Word translator, and I watch carefully that I write in a proper way (Compare my first posts at holding the tavern front with my last post at Around the Universe too see how I have improved).

Three, of course I would have asked Drakey for permission before I posted anything, and I hope you was kidding me with about the RP license Morgan.

Four, Morgan, stop it. Just stop it.

Five, I stop acting like a kid (At least you say I act like a kid), if you stop provoking me to it.

Now, end of discussion on the insult/offense/Bates subject!

--------------------
Crom!
No
Beat

I HATE 1337!!!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #15
The Bates issue is not over for good, STD, unless you behave yourself for good. As long as you continue to watch yourself, you need never worry about all of us ganging up on you again. However, we will not put Bates away for good. We will keep it around, as a sort of incentive, a friendly warning, whenever we think you are once again heading in the wrong direction. In this manner, we hope to ensure that you continue to behave around here. I hope you understand.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #16
Can't see I am heading in the wrong direction now...
And I think I have provided adequate reasons for Morgan not to insult (?) me.

--------------------
Crom!
No
Beat

I HATE 1337!!!
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #17
I don't think it's an insult until you make it one, STD. Probably just an in-joke to them, until you reacted badly. And you have to admit, if it was aimed at someone else, you might think it was funny.

--------------------
Chance Forums.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #18
You have reformed your behavior significantly, and it's good to see that you are trying to improve your command of English. I understand that it's hard. However, you still have quite a bit of work to do to amend your reputation around here. I will refrain from calling you anything other than your chosen name from now on, unless I think you are truly in need of a warning. As for Morgan and others, perhaps they should stop calling you Bates. But, when you think about it, that's their choice, not yours or mine. They have their reasons for doing what they do. However, I believe that if you stay in line for a significant amount of time and show the improvement which I believe you are quite capable of, the insults will eventually cease entirely.

--------------------
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #19
Come on now, don't be such children, the lot of you. StD apologized and asked for the chance to redeem himself. And yet all of you continue antagonizing him. He actually has made quite a monumental effort to improve, if you'd take the time to actually see for yourself.

EDIT: Posted while Stughalf was posting. And he posted while I was editing. Heh.

[ Tuesday, December 09, 2003 12:04: Message edited by: Sir Motrax of Exile ]

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #20
SMoE, if you had actually taken the time to read my post, you would have seen that I do indeed appreciate STD's progress. For him to redeem himself, however, he must prove to all of us that he can keep up this progress over a stretch of time. Once he has done so, you'll hear not so much as the slightest allusion to his past from me.

EDIT: And, if you think about it, it's much the same as your situation a few months ago, although your transgressions were far more serious than STD's. You still managed to live them down, though, and nowadays you only face a reference to your crimes once in a while. STD can certainly accomplish what you accomplished, and probably in a much shorter time. Two or three weeks of good behavior will be enough for me to put Bates away, for good. After this point, Bates would only be resurrected in an extreme situation.

EDIT 2: And I edited while you were posting, SMoE. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

[ Tuesday, December 09, 2003 12:10: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
But SMoE had a long active membership behind him without any difficulties and deliberately set out to be obnoxious. That doesn't excuse his filibuster posting, but it does mean that everyone knew he could be a good member. Constant, low level obnoxiousness is much harder to get past.

On the other hand, I don't think STD is that bad. Spiderweb has a habit of picking scapegoats and he seems to be it. I'd appreciate it if you could at least tone down your taunts a bit.

—Alorael, who would also like to advise that there are better ways to handle unwanted nicknames than going ballistic. Ignore it and it will either go away or stop bothering you.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 58
Profile #22
I'd like to point out that there is a Code of Conduct and I quote:

What constitutes a major transgression for a member:

+ Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or
cause embarrassment to a fellow member.

It is none of my business, but some folks seem to think they are a bit above it. In other words, I agree with Alorael and Motrax. Spiderwebbers seem to like to have an ultimate "enemy" once in a while. I suppose it is to alleviate the boredom.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
The thing goes like this: Someone does something annoying, like spamming, flaming, obnoxious behavior and stuff. Eventually, the Spidweb members go on a witch hunt to publicly stone the offender. Once the flames start going, everyone realizes that what they're doing is useless and against the CoC, everyone feels pretty stupid for a while and things calm down. And then the next annoying guy arrives and the same thing happens over.

[ Tuesday, December 09, 2003 14:05: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #24
Flaming happens all the time around here, it's just less obvious, cause people are getting better at making it nonobvious(which kind of takes the fun out of it). Whenever there's a debate, there's almost always a flamewar(specially if I'm involved), which is stupid cause there's a fine line between debate and flamewar, a line which isn't that hard to avoid crossing. However, I would like to take the time out to say, that too many people can't tell the difference between real topics and spam(especially when it's 1 of my topics). Sometimes the people here need to lighten up. And whoever said we should vote to have people we don't like banned is an idiot and would probably get banned themself. Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb deciding what's for dinner. That's about it for my random, but mildly intellegent, though off topic, post. Have a nice day to whoever took the time to read this shtuff.

[ Tuesday, December 09, 2003 14:59: Message edited by: Hinosu ]

Pages