The title

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The title
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #0
Yo! I wondered, what do you hav to do to get a better title than "Aprentice", i thougt the titles went up with number of posts, but then i see a "Senile old lizzard, with more posts than me IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #1
Your title is indeed based on your number of posts. To view the information on post count vs. member title, click on the faq link at the top of the page.

Specialty titles such as Sir Waiting for Fate's "Senile Reptile" are given out, I believe, by the administration to certain members. I am not sure about the proper procedure needed to apply for a special title. The special title "Canned" is given to spammers. Those members who have been banned have the word "BANNED" in place of their original member title. Moderators of a given board are given the title " Blademaster " for their posts in that board, and whatever normal title they have for their posts on other boards. Administrators are given the title "Triad Mage."

[ Tuesday, November 11, 2003 10:15: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
ooh ooh. Can I have "Detective?" Just a thought. I hope this brings a laugh. It would be nice though.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
You don't need to apply anywhere. Custom titles are a thing you get. One day, it's there. And sometimes, on very rare occasions it is even one you will be happy with. As far as I know, direct requests for a custom title have often been answered with such, but rarely a nice one, and never the one requested. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/tongue.gif)

I got to keep a nice one for 3 whole days once! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #4
You wouldn't want to get a custom title the way I did. I was banned for a while, and when I was allowed to return, while one of the mods was correcting my BANNED title, they changed it to what I've got now.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
Once I asked *i to change my title.

Then I realized that the title I got would not be the title I asked for, but the title I asked for would be the title I got.
And I was enlightened.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
Good job, Alec.

I'm afraid to ask for a custom title anyway, considering my past reputation...

Sauron, you'll be a Journeyman at 50 posts. Content yourself with that.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #7
Drakey's the only one powerful enough to give anyone a custom title. I still don't see why he doesn't give himself them now and then. All he has is Triad Mage.
Didn't Alec used to be a Triad Mage, right back at the start? Remember his old account? It was like "<s>Triad Mage</s> <s>BANNED</s> Veteran" (I don't think you can post strikethrus, but I can try)

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
At one point Alec wanted to be made temporary admin while Drakey was away. A while after that, he was temporarily banned by Linda. Then he was back to being a veteran. Drakey decided to string all his titles together, and nobody argues with someone who can wreak havoc on your account if you disagree.

—Alorael, who will now hide from Drakey's wrath before the havoc is wreaked on his account.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Well, I can't give Alorael a custom title because he's the only one who can reach all of the built-in titles.

Alorael is right - Alec was never a Triad Mage, but he wanted to be one. Now that everyone knows he's Custer, I should probably re-add his title.

Asking for a custom title is usually risky business. Very few people get titles that they wanted. I think Saunders is an exception.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #10
I'm one of the only people to have ever earned a title. :-p
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Alec was never a Triad Mage, but he wanted to be one. Now that everyone knows he's Custer, I should probably re-add his title.
No reason. Let's see if I can earn me another IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #12
Why didn't your title of Babelicious from your earlier accounts transfer to this one, Djur?

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
He didn't just change his name, he registered a new account. It's possible to do the former without doing the latter, in which case you keep the same custom title.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #14
Well, Djur has three registered accounts on Spidweb that I'm aware of. The first one was member # 39 I believe, and the member title was Babelicious. His next account was under the name O Nascimiento Conduz La Morte or something like that, and though it was an entirely new account, with a new member number, he still kept the Babelicious title. Yet with the current account his member title was never changed from the default to Babelicious. I was curious about the reason.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
He couldn't have kept his title; Drakey must have re-granted it. He hasn't done so this time.

It's mildly alarming how much you know about older members. Just how long have you been lurking here, St? (Or should I call you Ug? Which half of Stug are you, exactly?)

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #16
Well, Thuryl, let's just say that I have a talent for inference.....and access to many, many pages of old posts on this forum. Although many may find wading through so much information to be an exercise in drudgery, I derived great enjoyment from it.

When I first arrived here, about a month and a half ago, I realized immediately that there were some very interesting personalities here, and more importantly, some very intriguing dynamics among some of the older personalities. Just as Hercule Poirot would say, I am a man who makes it his business to know things. When I first got here, many things people said, many odd comments they made, were entirely incomprehensible to me. I didn't know that Custer was Alec; and hell, I didn't even know that Alec was anyone important. I didn't know that many of the members with high member numbers were actually oldbies with new accounts. It was intolerable to me that I should be as entirely in the dark as I was. But I knew that many of the answers to my questions would be hidden deep within the bowels of this site. And, as this was indeed the case, I have succeeded in answering the majority of them. I still don't know everything there is to know about everyone here, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely. And, I realize that I am an extremely pitiful variety of man to bother with such frivolity.

As for my name, that story is quite a bit shorter. It comes from a story which I wrote in 6th grade. I used to be quite an avid writer in those days, writing huge volumes with anthropomorphic characters, a la Brian Jacques. The name itself has no meaning at all. You can call me Stughalf, Stug or St, it doesn't really matter to me. However, I would prefer not to be called Ug IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/tongue.gif) .

[ Friday, November 14, 2003 23:53: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Conspiracy Duck:

I'm one of the only people to have ever earned a title. :-p
I think it's you, Dingy, and Saunders. And all of those Canned and Banned people.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
Well, yeah. Canned and Banned are sort of earned titles, and both Saunders and Dingy earned theirs through being writers.

And speaking of alternate accounts, I've had three at various points, but I'm not sure anyone except TM and Scorpius know who they are.

[ Saturday, November 15, 2003 07:44: Message edited by: Imban ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #19
I knew that you were all the same! I just knew! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/tongue.gif)

And are we going to speak of alternate accounts? Drakey, arena's yours, I don't remember my passwords. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title1_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #20
TGM, that last sentence makes no sense.

And we forgot about the BoE Posse.

--------------------
====
====
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #21
Do any of my sentences? Nah.. I just meant to ask if you could check my accounts, as well, I don't either remember the name or e-mail I registered them with.

..if you have time (responses in PM, no cash will be returned).

And you also forgot the Cartographer.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #22
And Radiant's, though I forget what it is...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #23
Master Jeweller.

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #24
OK, OK, but I'm the only one to have a title I won in a contest. :-p

By the way, could I have it back? :-p

Pages