The title

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The title
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Of course.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #26
TGM has also "deserved" a title...

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #27
As has Trademark.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #28
*hrmph*

At least Trademark's a nice title. I just hope Drakey'll be nice and change my title into Guru as I get to that point. Of course, it would be fine, and necessary that he'd put an additional 'the'-word in front of that title. That way, oh yes, I would be very happy. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
Titles are a lot like carrots and sticks. They must be used judiciously in order to improve the boards. Or to entertain Drakefyre.

—Alorael, who now thinks it's a good thing he hasn't ever done anything to earn a title. Then Drakey might feel torn about not giving a title. As it is, it's a happy wait for the great day of His Postliness.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #30
Well, it's at least a few months, Alo. You sure you can handle the excitement? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #31
I would still like "Detective". Just a thought. Maybe when I hit 1,000. I am not likely to hit 2,000 by 2005, as I don't really post enough.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #32
Hmph. I wouldn't mind the title "Titles Suck". That would suit me just fine.

-Md, who thought he'd do a signature thing like Alorael, just to piss him off - as I'm sure many have before me.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #33
You could have used an emdash. I believe he appreciates people at least stealing his sig in the right way, if it can't be stopped.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
No, actually I prefer watching people steal incompetently. It makes me feel superior, and I need all the small ego boosts I can get.

—Alorael, who will have you all know that it takes all of his willpower not to edit those signatures humiliatingly. After all, since he has patented the ever-changing signature, it should be his property anyway.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
*feels the need to puncture Alorael's superiority complex with a sharp emdash, since he is one of the few others who know how...*

should I...?

&mdash...

*sees Alorael waving the 'Edit' feature threateningly* IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/eek.gif)

better not. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Wednesday, November 19, 2003 09:19: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #36
*Goes about looking for the patent of "Ever changing signature".*

*Doesn't find it.*

-Md, who now as a patent pending on any dash related (em or no) changing signature. That'll be 2 cents for a license, but I'm sure we can round that to 0.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #37
But there would be no sense in giving out licenses out for free. Take at least 10 dollars. Why couldn't you take money out of it?

X The Great Mister, who is being tired of all the emdash signatures, and will use an x instead. Horray.

[ Wednesday, November 19, 2003 06:06: Message edited by: Ken Kaniff ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #38
signatures....why? is it just something to make the boards more intresting, or to be used by the oppresive regime of neo-fascist Administrators!!! power to the...Forum Users

(Large Dash) I spent five minutes trying to find how to do a large dash....please dont mock my incopietancey-thingy

p.s. i shame myself further by having to edit this...

[ Wednesday, November 19, 2003 09:19: Message edited by: Smelly Ogre ]

--------------------
"Is that smell glandular, or do you wallow in your own filth?" - Last Words of Fredrick the Idiot
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #39
Ha Ha.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
I don't know what patent office you contacted, but international Spiderweb forum law* is on my side.

*The law that says you don't cross men with rifles.

—Alorael, who would help all the poor souls make emdashes, except... it's more fun watching them fail and suffer.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #41

-

¯Imban, whose signature is so much better than Alorael's that it uses an overscore instead. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/tongue.gif)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #42
But overscores don't actually FIT into a signature..

X The Great Mister, who still insists that x is better than all of the dashes in total. Especially if there are many X's.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #43
Such illustrious accomplishments elude me, sadly. I'll have to stick with my tried and true emdash.

—Alorael, who isn't sure he likes TGM's X signature, as exciting as it is (ho ho, a terrible pun!). In a while he'll begin to whine pathetically over it.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #44
I am acting like a loony.

[ Thursday, November 20, 2003 17:42: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #45
My old account deserved Angry Dwarf as a title, as I was, in fact, very angry at the time. I have mellowed out, though. I have always lurked in the shadows, watching every move of... you people. I had account #300 something and I had less than 400 posts. Like I said, I lurk.

[ Thursday, November 20, 2003 18:45: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #46
Ya ya ya coco jambo, ya ya ye!

X The Great Mister, who actually posted this just to edit it later and curse how he once again forgot his precious signature.

[ Friday, November 21, 2003 09:04: Message edited by: Ken Kaniff ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #47
Em-dash is shift-alt-dash isn't it? Or do all you PC-using fools have inferior keyboards?

~ørangutan, who personally prefers squiggles than dashes, and who is about the only one to type the ø successfully without typing &o slash;. (I'm sure some of you can, I just know some people can't at least!)

[em-dash:]
edit—I was just reading through the source of this page to check once and for all that UBB doesn't change my ø's into ø's or ø's (check the source yourself to see the difference) and I noticed that all the name headings are actually links to people's profiles. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/eek.gif) How random. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The title2_files/wink.gif)

[ Saturday, November 22, 2003 09:53: Message edited by: Made in China ]

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #48
Ha ha ha ha

I have become a thief in that i have stolen m dash.

— Smelly Ogre, who has just stolen mdash, now plans greater things. Sutch as geeting a real job.

p.s. i have recently found out that "Mdash Thief" is not a recognised qualification. 3 days of my life wasted....

--------------------
"Is that smell glandular, or do you wallow in your own filth?" - Last Words of Fredrick the Idiot
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #49
Good luck to you on the road you have chosen.

X The Great Mister, who didn't actually mean what he just said. To be honest, what he meant was something like go die in a hole you moron.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

Pages