The Point of it all...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Point of it all...
Apprentice
Member # 3645
Profile #0
But first I want to clear some things up. 1rst, PE1 and I are, in fact, not the same person, however I will deny that he is on my AIM buddy list. IF I was actually actually, that IP ban would have gotten me too. He was some dude who left a long time ago, but I still talked to every now and then. He had his own little grudge and delt with it in his own way. 2nd, when I said that I was just a long time observer, I was lying(duh). I am a current member(1 who's opinion no one cares about). 3rd, the being hostile statements were to get people's attention, however, some of you are in fact extremely stupid and should consider removing yourself the genepool.

Now to the point:
I didn't really think that it needed to be explained that we need more creativity, more quality silly antic topics, and better RPs. But apparently I was mistaken. It really doesn't take much to improve things. Pretty much I'm saying you should stop creating low thought, low quality topics that suck and only make posts that you actually use your brain to make.

However, it seems like no one wants to do that, so I've pretty much wasted my time on this dying site.

[ Tuesday, November 04, 2003 18:41: Message edited by: Mercenary ]

--------------------
I pledge a grievance to the flag of the plighted stakes of America, and to the republics upon which it stands, one nation, playing God, blind and visible, with the illusion of liberty and justice for all
Apprentice
Member # 3642
Profile #1
Such a sad soul. We must look within ourselves for the answer, it never lies in others.

--------------------
We need no signature, we are all one.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, you're wasting your time. Go away.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Yes, let the site continue on "dying" in peace. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #4
Yes, we shall ignore your futile attempts at that, to create your "decent" RP, so au revior, mon ami...

Really, is should be mon bete camel. I need to get those stupid accent marks in place...

"So let the winds come forth,
And the earth shatter skyward,
The water rushes farther ahead,
And Fire to devour all.

And thus was come,
Beneath all the glory of everything,
A shadow,
Only to be known as Evil."

-My own quote, it sucks, yes, but oh well.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
The last thing this place needs is more RPs. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/rolleyes.gif)

But it could use more Exile-related fun, like back in the good old days.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #6
You, sirs Mercenary, need a moment with yourself, or possibly even with some menthristy prisoners. Stop acting like a child, and instead give Drakey and the mods suggestions what could be done better. Please die k thx bai.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shock Trooper
Member # 360
Profile #7
yea, we need a huge burma shave topic to save our souls IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/tongue.gif) .

--------------------
I'm back with less posting than ever.

We Was Tim

Alta vendetta
D'alto silenzio e figlia.
- Vittorio Alfieri,

You purchase pain with all that joy can give,
And die of nothing but a rage to live.
- Alexander Pope, Moral Essays (ep. II, l. 99)
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #8
Ok, merc, im gonna say this once and only once: Shut The **** Up!

All you do is b1tch, b1tch, whine and b1tch.
You want your good RP(whatever it is:P), silly topics ect? MAKE THEM!

Why do you argue with the fans of this board?
Why dont you go and aruge with some cops, that the whole police sucks ass, cause they dont shoot criminals on sight and have lots of car chases. Sure, its fun, but thats not the point in policework. And the point of this board is not silly topics and rp, its for help and discussion of spiderweb software games. The general board ect is just a by-product. Dont like it, LEAVE!

Please go play jackass and do "The Shotgun Trick". Im begging you.

sorry about the grammar, my english kinda sucks.

[ Wednesday, November 05, 2003 06:26: Message edited by: M6mmi ]

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #9
What we need, is a link to Alecs AtB. RAPE POLICE! HANDS AND.. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #10
Yes. The reason we don't wish to do these things is because Mercenary is an annoying little prick that we have to Waste Our Time to get rid of. Time Wasted that could be done Answering Your Wish if you would have used Enough "Brains" and Left. Included in this post is a dictionary entry of the word "Leave".

leave¹
v. left, leav·ing, leaves, to leave

1. To go out of or away from.
2. ...

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
There are far too many topics of complaints, angry responses, responses to the responses, whining, moaning, and groaning. Most of them are redundant. I'd like to avoid cluttering the board any more, so further topics that don't add anything distinctly new will be locked.

If you have something to say, say it in the current topics. There are more than enough of them.

—Alorael, who brings you this notice here because he really didn't want to create yet another topic to complain even more on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #12
M6mmi, Zxquez, and everyone else. This is your last warning. If you persist, y'all are going to be the ones banned, not Merc.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #13
Go ahead. Ban me. These boards are a great target for idiots these days and it's not like I haven't been banned before.

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
Ahem. If you really want to persist in feeding this troll by answering with flames, even at the risk of getting yourself banned rather than the troll, then I must say you have to be pretty... well... intellectually challenged. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/rolleyes.gif) Sorry.

He's the one trolling. Why make it easier by responding with flames? We already know what kind of a — he is, and he himself won't acknowledge it, so the only consquence of calling him names is to get banned eventually. Not worth it.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #15
After much (arguably) deep thought, I've come to the conclusion that the point Merc is trying to make is valid. His method of trying to get it across managed to alienate more people than not, but if you think about it the flame war started when PE1 made his stupid post. Merc supported PE1 to an extent, which has made him lose credibility but does not IMO invalidate his point.

Yes, we do need some amusing topics and half-decent RPs. (Well, maybe need is too strong a word, but it would be nice.) Unfortunately, these things don't just appear because we want them to. The up-side is that they can appear. We could have funny topics and really good RPs (the former more easily than the latter, I suspect) if people were willing to put a bit of effort in. These boards are a community in most meanings of the word. However, in any normal community, people don't just sit around chatting all day, people get out and do stuff. This one could benefit from the same. Thank you.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #16
I wonder what's sadder; the way Mercenary acted, the way everyone responded, or the fact that so many people wasted their time on this. However, I do concede that a few of us should put more thought into what we post. But that doesn't mean we have to, so neh.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #17
quote:
3rd, the being hostile statements were to get people's attention, however, some of you are in fact extremely stupid and should consider removing yourself the genepool.
If you really have to get peoples' attention by hostile statements, that usually confirms that you have nothing important to say. If your opinions are worthwhile, then you wouldn't need to shout, rant, and lie. If you repeat yourself too many times, nobody takes you seriously. If you have to restate what you said over, and over, and over, then it means nobody cares and you should drop it. Although Drakefyre is interested in what you have to say, I am not if you have to make your point by yelling. I apologize for what I said, but you never lie or yell at people you are trying to convince. Hammurabi's law pertains true to the world and how every species thinks, "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." When you insult someone they will insult you back, with an even more devistating remark. So insulting people will get you nowhere. Especially if you insult over 3000 people IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/rolleyes.gif) .

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #18
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Point of it all__1_files/rei.jpg)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
I suggest we lock this topic as well. All this stuff has already been discussed and re-discussed, and there is really no more to be said. We all need to move on.

And if this plea does not succeed in its objective, I may just start an image spam war with Alec and get it locked that way.

EDIT: That last bit is meant in jest.

[ Wednesday, November 05, 2003 17:59: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Apprentice
Member # 3645
Profile #20
It isn't ver likely that you would care what I say no matter how I say it. But it's worth a shot anyway.

What are forum sites? They are places where people go to entertain themselves, communate in slightly meaningful ways with others in a nonrealtime environment, and display wit and sometimes stupidity.

The reason I'm here is because of the excess of stupidity and lack of wit, which has concequently lead to lack of entertainment. I ask that we actually try to use our brains when we post or all will be reduced to nothing more than endless stupidity and extremely lame topics.

However, despite already saying this, none of you can get it through your thick heads that if none of you put any effort into anything you do on Spiderweb there won't be a point to being on Spiderweb.

--------------------
I pledge a grievance to the flag of the plighted stakes of America, and to the republics upon which it stands, one nation, playing God, blind and visible, with the illusion of liberty and justice for all
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Stughalf:

I suggest we lock this topic as well.

I suggest Mercenary gets canned. Look at the posts, they all say the same things.

quote:
Originally written by Mercenary:

I ask that we actually try to use our brains when we post or all will be reduced to nothing more than endless stupidity and extremely lame topics.
I find it very ironic how it's you who's saying this.

[ Wednesday, November 05, 2003 18:58: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Mercenary:

It isn't ver likely that you would care what I say no matter how I say it. But it's worth a shot anyway.

- Drakefyre for one has said that he listens to what you have to say, but you haven't really said anything.

What are forum sites? They are places where people go to entertain themselves, communate in slightly meaningful ways with others in a nonrealtime environment, and display wit and sometimes stupidity.

- Hey, here is an idea. Try different forums. Not all forums are meant for you, because different kinds of people chat in them. Try Battle.net forums, some anime forums etc. and you notice the difference to be quite huge.

The reason I'm here is because of the excess of stupidity and lack of wit, which has concequently lead to lack of entertainment. I ask that we actually try to use our brains when we post or all will be reduced to nothing more than endless stupidity and extremely lame topics.

- What if we don't want to?

However, despite already saying this, none of you can get it through your thick heads that if none of you put any effort into anything you do on Spiderweb there won't be a point to being on Spiderweb.

- There might be a point for us, even if there isn't one for you.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #23
Hey, Merc? The advent of the English language has just begun, and your ability to communicate in a medium like this would be nice. Please READ before you WRITE, thanks! ^_^

(Honestly. The next time you post the same damned thing and blatantly ignore your own advice by wasting everyone's time typing this crap, I don't think you'll get nearly as patient of a response.)

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #24
Um, TM, are you half-asleep? Arctic posted quoting Merc and responding inline.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington

Pages