Windows Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Windows Poll
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #0
What version of windows do you use? VPC nad XWindows counts too.

[ Saturday, November 01, 2003 12:04: Message edited by: Sylak of Borg ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 46 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=bpkzhQgJceIt"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=bpkzhQgJceIt"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
-Sylak
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #1
XP Home Edition.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #2
Right now i am forced to use Windows Xp Pro, but as soon as i can convince my dad(yeah, right, like that is going to happen) to use linux, then its Debian for me IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #3
If there is anyone out there considering getting Windows XP Professional, I advise against it. Windows XP Pro has lots of bugs in it and certain types of software refuse to work on it. Stick to XP Home Edition, it has less bugs and works with software that XP Pro refuses to work with. I found that out the hard way and I am waiting until I get enough money to pay for Home Edition. I regret ever getting XP Pro. It sucks. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #4
WinME. And it is a horrible operating system.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #5
Windows XP Home

Is this for assimilation? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #6
I have a Mac with System 9, and OSX (10) both on there. I also use a PC.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Sherlock Holmes - MSW:

Windows XP Pro has lots of bugs in it and certain types of software refuse to work on it.
Well what types of software refuses to work? No offence, but i think this is bull****.

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I use Mac 0S 9 with Virtual PC. It might be Windows 95, but it might be 98. Since I just load states, I never see the logo on startup.

—Alorael, who is not enough of a Windows expert to recognize the differences between 95 and 98 by sight.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Omlette:

-E-

That is so true. I downgraded back to 98 after finding the 1,000,001 ways ME sucks. ("I didn't think it was possible, but this both sucks and blows at the same time" ~ Bart Simpson)

---Your Windows running maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Omlette:

-E-

I find myself agreeing with Omelette far too much lately IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #11
Re 95v98: Primary differences will tend to be embedded IE and gradiated titlebars.

Re the poll: There is no such thing as X Windows. From the X11R6 manual:

"The X Consortium requests that the following names be used when referring to this software:

X
X Window System
X Version 11
X Window System, Version 11
X11"

X is entirely different in many ways from Microsoft Windows. The two could be considered contemporary; the Microsoft Windows project started in '81 and was public in '83 while X started in '84. Windows 1.0 was released in '85; X was getting around by '86. There was no comparing the two at the time -- X was a full-featured client-server video architecture, whereas Windows was a glorified DOS shell that couldn't even overlap windows.
The first version of Windows that had any major significance was Windows 3 and 3.1, available in 1990 and 1992 respectively.
As to how Linux works into this whole deal, it was in 1991 when Windows had just reached some semblance of maturity and X Window System had reached its 7th year that Linux 0.0.1 was released by a comp sci student by the name of Linus Torvalds.

Using X doesn't imply using Linux. X servers are available for pretty much every Unix, as well as Mac OS X (XFree86 on Darwin) and even, yes, Microsoft Windows.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #12
I use OS X, with Blackbox when I'm feeling like using X11. KDE is just too slow on my Mac.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
I use Windows NT4, because I haven't had any time to install the XP Home version from the CD my father has.

A lot of stuff would work easier, but currently I don't have time to rearrange all my system. I'm too used to NT4. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Conspiracy Duck:

Re 95v98: Primary differences will tend to be embedded IE and gradiated titlebars.

Re the poll: There is no such thing as X Windows. From the X11R6 manual:

"The X Consortium requests that the following names be used when referring to this software:

X
X Window System
X Version 11
X Window System, Version 11
X11"

X is entirely different in many ways from Microsoft Windows. The two could be considered contemporary; the Microsoft Windows project started in '81 and was public in '83 while X started in '84. Windows 1.0 was released in '85; X was getting around by '86. There was no comparing the two at the time -- X was a full-featured client-server video architecture, whereas Windows was a glorified DOS shell that couldn't even overlap windows.
The first version of Windows that had any major significance was Windows 3 and 3.1, available in 1990 and 1992 respectively.
As to how Linux works into this whole deal, it was in 1991 when Windows had just reached some semblance of maturity and X Window System had reached its 7th year that Linux 0.0.1 was released by a comp sci student by the name of Linus Torvalds.

Using X doesn't imply using Linux. X servers are available for pretty much every Unix, as well as Mac OS X (XFree86 on Darwin) and even, yes, Microsoft Windows.

Well, i realzed after i posted that i should have made it LINUX Window Emulator, and made VPC say VPC or other Mac Windows Emulator.

--------------------
-Sylak
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #15
On one computer I'm running windows 95 and on the one I'm using right now is the XP-Home edition.

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #16
WinME now, WinXP soon, with linux somethingorother on the side.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Apprentice
Member # 3642
Profile #17
I use the Home Edition. What is Linux?

[ Monday, November 03, 2003 13:53: Message edited by: Ishnu ]

--------------------
We need no signature, we are all one.
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #18
Windows XP Home. I'm a good little clone. What's that, Mr. Gates? You want me to...get my shotgun? Okay, but I'm not sure what...kill the unbelievers?
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #19
Linux is an open source, normally free, proper operating system.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #20
Also, originally created by a finnish guy. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Windows Poll1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #21
I've heard it's good anyways.

I use Win98, btw.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #22
Linus Torvalds is indeed a Swedish-speaking Finn.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #23
*bump*

--------------------
-Sylak
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #24
"*Bump*"???

--------------------
MDNZZZ